when did all the conor hype start?

Mighty Mufasa

White Belt
Reaction score
Ive seen the conor mcgregor fights ONLY because of all the hype he's having. Im not a hardcore mma fan, i dont watch the interviews and other stuff a lot, but i am a long time mma fan. It seems to me that all the hype comes more from all the other media like inteviews and trashtalking, rather than the actual fight itself. Dont misunderstand, hes a good and exciting fighter, but if you only watch the fights, he certainly wouldn't be as big as he is right now. A lot of fighters have come with exciting fights and better records, but dont receive the same amount of treatment from the ufc.

Is all the hype just generated by the interviews, dana and rogan, as tactics by their promotion team?
Because before, the only way to sell yurself is to prove it by winning consistently inside the cage, but now there are guys like conor who are "favorites " by dana and can somehow use that to climb the ladder faster. Any educated opinions about this whole hype thing and the way the ufc handles its promotion and marketing nowadays?

Fact:

Conor McGregor lost his virginity before his Dad did.

Ive seen the conor mcgregor fights ONLY because of all the hype he's having. Im not a hardcore mma fan, i dont watch the interviews and other stuff a lot, but i am a long time mma fan. It seems to me that all the hype comes more from all the other media like inteviews and trashtalking, rather than the actual fight itself. Dont misunderstand, hes a good and exciting fighter, but if you only watch the fights, he certainly wouldn't be as big as he is right now. A lot of fighters have come with exciting fights and better records, but dont receive the same amount of treatment from the ufc.

Is all the hype just generated by the interviews, dana and rogan, as tactics by their promotion team?
Because before, the only way to sell yurself is to prove it by winning consistently inside the cage, but now there are guys like conor who are "favorites " by dana and can somehow use that to climb the ladder faster. Any educated opinions about this whole hype thing and the way the ufc handles its promotion and marketing nowadays?

For every "educated opinion" you get your going to get 5 troll Responses praising MCGOAT and 10 People posting just to bash him. I like him as a fighter, But i really hope siver puts a stop to him so the people who just lay it on thick With the Trolling fandom can stop.

Hype train started the second he opened his yap. I hope it gets derailed sooner than later. He is a promising fighter but no where near as talented as people are giving him credut for. The potential is there, but he isn't... yet.

Pretty sure it was sometime early this year. I think it really took off after the Brandao fight in July, but it did exist before too. So, July or earlier depending on how much hype you think is necessary.

There's a documentary about him on YouTube before he got nba signed.to the UFC. He was proclaiming everything he said he was going to do. He was pretty confident that he was going to take the UFC by storm once he got signed.

The hype started with him.

There was also a buzz around him on the local circuit in Europe and Dana had visited Ireland and kept.hearing his name so he went and signed him

When he moved like Bruce Lee and walked like Ali.

I remember being told to check him out before the O'Keefe fight. There was a bit of hype allready then, but it was mostly just straight up reccomendations and praises, and not in any way a meme or especially exaggerated.

I joint this forum in March and people were going crazy for him then and this was even before the Brandao fight.

Bare in mind he had a year out aswell due to injury, it's amazing that he maintained all the interest.

I hope siver derails his train, i dont care if its a flash ko. Then if he loses all the media attentiin, he can climb the ladder like everyone else does. He's an entertaining fighter, but it shouldn't be a popularity and yapping contest.

Not a hardcore mma fan but has a sherdog account? Huge if true.

Joe Duffy fight.......seriously. This was the first time I saw him and he lost with dignity and style.

Definitely after the Brimage fight.
Plus his performance was the most memorable part of pretty disappointing event (in the ME Mousasi jabbed Latifi's face for 3 rounds).

Back