When Conor defeats Rafael Dos Anjos, will people doubt his chances at WW?

When Conor defeats LAWLER, will people doubt his chances at MW?

If*, and yes, every step he takes up means facing bigger and stronger guys, and basically having zero reach advantage, or even a disadvantage.

I remmember post if Conor beats Aldo is he legit and people were he Will never win vs ALDO. After 13 sec KTFO people were saying it was a fluke

I don't think people really understand what it means to move up a weight class.

It's an enormous deal. Your body changes, and sometimes it changes too quickly for your mind to get used to the physical proportions. Your dexterity changes. Strength.

I'm not saying Conor can't do it. I'm saying nobody has done this before. This is really, really exciting. I am not a Conor hater or worshiper. But I have to emphasize two things.

1) This is one of the hardest things a man can do. The odds are stacked against Conor, and even if he wins against RDA that doesn't mean he will fare well in WW. LW seems to be his home.

2) The fact that Conor McGregor is even able to attempt this is an astonishing feat. He looks really, really ready. He is disciplined, determined and confident. His work is unreal. I personally believe that he will knock RDA out. Don't think it will be a cake walk, but I say he's going to do it.

I love Conor and more importantly, the way he fights buts lets relax.Hes a natural lw so if he beats Dos Anjos , no one should be shocked (hes currently a -140 fave,btw)....going to 170 is a totally different ball game(let alone the monsters at 185 that walk around at 200 lbs,which makes this thread silly)..
At 170, the thickness alone of most fighters will be a problem for Conor.I believe if Conor does win in March, thats where he'll stop and we'll see how the UFC deals with a 2 division champ.

I think RDA is going to embarrass Conor, however... Conor's entirely capable of punching his lights out and, if he does, and if Lawler is still champ, I think Conor and the UFC will want that fight.

Lawler fucks him up for sure (or does he?!), but can you imagine the excitement for that PPV? It would be HUGE!

In summary: Conor is awesome for MMA and I'd be happy for his hype train to stay on the rails for a while.

The backlash once Conor loses would have to be of the most epic proportions ever seen on Sherdog

Its the only thing that would justify having to read threads like this

If you previously thought dudes like Hendricks would have easily knocked his block off (or hell, wrestle fucked him and survived any Conor's punches with a stellar chin), just consider for a moment what Wonderboy did to that man, kicking him in the face at will.

Don't get me wrong, what Conor has done/is doing is really fucking impressive. But WW is another world. He can't even talk shit about their size in that division the way he's doing now with RDA. There would be no "I'm the bigger man" talk. Conor has a big frame, but he would get dwarfed at 170.

When King Conor smashes Rafael in the first round, will people still doubt his ability to fight at WW? When will people finally accept that Conor is the GOAT? If he beats RDA will you admit he's the GOAT? Or if he beats the WW champ is the finally the GOAT?

Conor spends alot of his time flat footed and stalking his opponent. By the way this was the exact approach Hendricks used on Wonderboy, come forward and try to walk Wonderboy down. Wonderboy at Welter would eat McGregor alive. This does'nt ever touch on the problem of Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit, Tyron Woodley, Demian Maia, etc.

I don't think people really understand what it means to move up a weight class.

It's an enormous deal. Your body changes, and sometimes it changes too quickly for your mind to get used to the physical proportions. Your dexterity changes. Strength.

I'm not saying Conor can't do it. I'm saying nobody has done this before. This is really, really exciting. I am not a Conor hater or worshiper. But I have to emphasize two things.

1) This is one of the hardest things a man can do. The odds are stacked against Conor, and even if he wins against RDA that doesn't mean he will fare well in WW. LW seems to be his home.

2) The fact that Conor McGregor is even able to attempt this is an astonishing feat. He looks really, really ready. He is disciplined, determined and confident. His work is unreal. I personally believe that he will knock RDA out. Don't think it will be a cake walk, but I say he's going to do it.

Lets not go overboard here. Anderson Silva entered the matrix and went up to Light Heavy on several occasions to knock some fools out. Not the champ but c'mon man, McGregor is not the best thing since sliced bread. He has a great straight left hand and that's about all we've seen. You know what that's called in the sport of mixed martial arts? A one trick pony.

If he defeats RDA with the same lucky way he defeated Aldo then hell yes.

Conor even holding is own at WW is even funnier than the morons on here who used to think Weidman stands a chance against Jones.

Lmao i give Connor a good chance at lw but he would get murked at ww. Lawler would destroy him. Rory, Hendricks, Woodley and Gsp would take his skinny ass down and pummel him on the ground. Condit and Wonderboy would just ko/tko him. No one jumps two weight classes without gettin an ass whooping.

I like Conor but his nuthuggers are unbearable with this shit....Why stop at WW? Why not let him face Troll Face Werdum? One punch KO in one minute AMIRITE?

Yes.
If Conor beats RDA, I will doubt his chances at WW.
I doubt RDA's chances at WW as well; he would get smashed by any Top 5 guy there.
Even a guy like Woodley would wreck them both.

Connor holds a belt in every weight class. 2018. Back to glory days of open weight fighting..............................

Thompson is a far superior striker and would kill him.

Back