When Conor beats Diaz at 170 should he fight Lawler at UFC 200?

When Conor beats Diaz at 170 should he fight Lawler at UFC 200?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmh I don't think so if you do that how would you go back to the 155 title ? wouldn't it be better to have a progression from smaller to heavier.

This pull out took away from the plans of UFC 200 for him to maybe go for Lawler if he got passed RDA.

Now you need to win over Diaz then go back to RDA then go Lawler all with Frankie and Jose screaming about the 145 tittle hold up.. and on top of all that what if Lawler loses the tittle and we have a new champ like Wonderboy / Woodley / Rory / Condit / Maia ? I think Conor's chances will drop but you still have to take a try at it even if you lose its "out of your class range / make history" type of deal.

And I still say Conor is a LW not a WW or a FW. (undersized at one and drained at the other)

I couldn't agree more. I don't think he should be getting WW without a legit top 5 win at WW. I would also like to see him have to defend his FW title at least once.
ok...has the ufc ever called you to ask what they should do......No? then why would they care what you think now, if he beats nate and the ufc wants him to fight robbie then so be it, will sell a ton of ppv, and conor is doing what no other ufc fighter has done.

Never mind the Diaz fight, any champion willing to step up division for superfight, or even two divisions for ubersuperfight, should be allowed to.

You guys wouldn't let Rockhold fight Werdum if he wanted to? Or Lawler fight DC if he insisted?

I think he's going to do it. Which is why I think they made this fight at 170 with Diaz. Diaz has experience at 170 and has done pretty well. He was putting it on Rory in the third round in a five round fight I could see him winning that. I like seeing champions jump up in weight so I'm not mad.

ok...has the ufc ever called you to ask what they should do......No? then why would they care what you think now, if he beats nate and the ufc wants him to fight robbie then so be it, will sell a ton of ppv, and conor is doing what no other ufc fighter has done.

You do know that this is an mma forum right pan? Where should we be talking about this?

Maybe the UFC should have called to ask me what to do. If they had then maybe a couple there wouldn't have been a couple thousand tickets returned for 196. There are a ton of tickets available again. I'm sure your not going to be able to make the trip because of your busy schedule of going to the bank to cash your ssi checks.

You dick riders are the reason why people hate Conor. Me personally I don't hate Conor I hate his dick riders.

If he wants to make a lot of money yes. If he doesn't want to get his shit Kicked in no.

Dude, he just won the fw belt, in what, November? It's only been a few months. some guys only defend 1x - 2x per year. Plus, he can do whatever he wants. If that is not understood by now.
Yeah, he just won it and has no plans to defend it...You should have to defend a minimum of 2x per year to stay champ. But what I'm saying is if he beats Diaz, which he has a very good chance of doing, then Lawler, who he matches up well against and beats him...then beats RDA in next fight...

You do know that this is an mma forum right pan? Where should we be talking about this?

Maybe the UFC should have called to ask me what to do. If they had then maybe a couple there wouldn't have been a couple thousand tickets returned for 196. There are a ton of tickets available again. I'm sure your not going to be able to make the trip because of your busy schedule of going to the bank to cash your ssi checks.

You dick riders are the reason why people hate Conor. Me personally I don't hate Conor I hate his dick riders.
yes its an mma forum, a place to talk about fights NOT what you WANT or what you THINK the ufc should do...boohoo.. this place is filled with anti ufc who think they know the biz better than the ufc..you watch this will be a huge ppv

If he does beat Nate he should give the Spider a go @ MW. What's one more weight class for a GOAT, especially since AS is spirally down.

I would take out the biggest loan I could and put on Lawler if this happened for some dumbass reason.

Lol no why should??
Diaz. Is not the path to ww titleshot and btw frankie deserve the ts more than anyone so

McGregor is FW champ and has a responsibility to defend the FW belt. Can't keep taking random fights at other weight classes, not fair to the other 145ers. He said himself that he would be an active champ and defend the belt regularly.

I think he hoped to win the 155 belt and then immediately vacate the 145 one because of his tough cuts. RDA broken foot has thrown a spanner in the works.

I hope he fights RDA, but it would serve RDA right if he fought Lawler.

A win over someone who's not ranked in that division and not had a training camp does not a contender make.

I agree wuth u bro..but Conor is the same guy who got his title shot after beating Siver...so with Conor...you never know...Uncle Dana loves him and he runs the show

He should go back to featherweight and defend his title, that's what true champions do. He needs to fight 2 people while he's there- Aldo and Edgar. If he defeats Aldo again and beats Edgar then he should move up in weight to compete for other titles after working his way to contention of course. It's not right for him to get an automatic shot at a title in a division that he hasn't competed in yet for the UFC. It creates a circus atmosphere that only ruins the credibility of the UFC in my opinion.

It would be unbelievably ridiculous to let him fight Lawler before RDA. He'll be the 145 lbs champ with zero title defenses and a win over a LW gatekeeper. You wanna give that man a title shot at WW? Then kindly fuck off. Why not do RDA vs Rockhold on the same card? That makes as much sense.

Should he... no. Will he be ABLE to? Yes. I saw mainstream media and they were shocked McGregor could fight at Welterweight and amazed, they don't know he is a similar weight to Nate.

He will be able to spin this into a Welterweight title shot because it will make money.

He should go back to featherweight and defend his title, that's what true champions do. He needs to fight 2 people while he's there- Aldo and Edgar. If he defeats Aldo again and beats Edgar then he should move up in weight to compete for other titles after working his way to contention of course. It's not right for him to get an automatic shot at a title in a division that he hasn't competed in yet for the UFC. It creates a circus atmosphere that only ruins the credibility of the UFC in my opinion.

I used to think the same about Conor when he was awarded the title shot in FW....but now I am so used to it that I dont even care...when it comes to COnor....automatic title shot is never out of question....do i like it?? Nope...but it is what it is....so dont be surprised if he got a crack at WW shot (if he can beat Nate)...and RDA? UFC can always say that he did not show up for the fight whatever

Back