When Conor beats Diaz at 170 should he fight Lawler at UFC 200?

When Conor beats Diaz at 170 should he fight Lawler at UFC 200?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL at those who voted yes, conor fall is going to be so sweet..

You mean if he beats Diaz and No, if UFC does give him that fight It would be a complete Joke. I think they gave him the title shot at 155lb too soon. He only just won the undisputed 145lb belt. Never defended it once and somehow gets a title shot at 155lb. That "super fight" gets canceled and he somehow gets to not only skip the 155lb division but also skips ahead of everyone at 170lb for beating Diaz... a guy who is 2 -3 in his last 5 at 155lbs.

The Diaz fight is the fight that should have been made for his 155lb debut. Then a title shot if he got past Diaz. In no way should Conor be fighting for the 170lb title.

Diaz does not fiight at 170 so beating a guy that could not make his normal weight class would not be title shot deserving but I am sure Conor's fans and the casual clingers will think he not only deserves a title shot they will also think he is the Messiah its getting fucking ridiculous.

Hey look, I'm a plat and can do a useless pole! Hooray!

And no, travelling to 155 was not good enough, but going to 170 is plain disgraceful to all 145 contenders who are forced to sit and wait till McGregor returns.

I have heard rumors that Conor might just skip RDA for now and fight Lawler at UFC 200 after he beats Nate Diaz. What say you Sherdoggies?

If Nate beats him should he lose his title shot at LW and forced to defend the FW belt at 200?

I really think this is the fight that they do. RDA doesnt really sell and Conor vs Lawler would be crazy. It is the one fight that i am scared that CMc might lose which makes it exciting.

if he loses this talk of multiple titles should go away just like with BJ

I couldn't agree more. I don't think he should be getting WW without a legit top 5 win at WW. I would also like to see him have to defend his FW title at least once.

Don't see we as fans should really worry too much about it. I'd love to see it even though Lawler would give him a beating but why should i care even though i am a McG fan.

He needs to defend, ufc is making a joke out themselves by giving Conor opportunities that have not been afforded to other fighter. There could have been a few multi weight champions by now if things were fair.

So Conor gets to skip over contenders who actually competed in the WW division? Guys who would probably beat him? I'll pass. He should defend the fw title instead. I'm sure him vs Frankie would draw just fine...that fight has been building up close to a year

He is the former Cage Warriors LW champ, and has had many fights at LW. Yes, a world does exist outside of the ufc. Believe it or not.
Lol his best win at LW was Ivan Buchtinger, a guy who got out struck and UD by freaking Akira Corrasani.so no, his LW resume means nothing

He needs to defend, ufc is making a joke out themselves by giving Conor opportunities that have not been afforded to other fighter. There could have been a few multi weight champions by now if things were fair.
Not really. There hasn't been past champions like Conor. Champions generally prefer to fight 1-2 times per year and stay in their weight class instead of going out of their comfort zone.

As Conor fan no,both him and Lawler are on my always support list,but i also want Conor to defend his belt in Ireland.And since his next fight after Diaz is at UFC 200 that is not an option for now.AT UFC 200 i want him at LW or defend the belt aganist Frankie or Aldo.

he shouldnt but he'll want it and dana will give it to him.
the ufconor way.

If he does Lawler would wreck Conor

Back