When Conor beats Diaz at 170 should he fight Lawler at UFC 200?

When Conor beats Diaz at 170 should he fight Lawler at UFC 200?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He is the former Cage Warriors LW champ, and has had many fights at LW. Yes, a world does exist outside of the ufc. Believe it or not.

I meant in the division that he was slated to compete for the title in. Which is the UFC LW division. But thanks for pointing out some shit I already know.

He just fought on Dec. 20th. Only 2 months ago. Nobody, especially a pro athlete is going to get out of shape in just 8 weeks. Do you really think he just sits around and does nothing? If he fought a year ago, then sure, but he just fought.
So a full training camp is a waste of time as long as you stay fit?

Here is how I see it...

Don't we see the Champ vs Contender stuff all the time?

How often do we get a guy who tries to move up and fight all the champions? Odds are if he wins two/three belts he will eventually just drop most (if not all).

It's fun to stir the pot a little.

Last edited:
I meant in the division that he was slated to compete for the title in. Which is the UFC LW division. But thanks for pointing out some shit I already know.

He has fought in the 155lb devison though. Whether ufc or not. he has competed and ko'd guys, just like at FW. He's beaten guys in the ufc just as easy as cage warriors. probably easier.

He's obviously just ducking Frankie, trying to fight Lawler and RDA ...

He has fought in the 155lb devison though. Whether ufc or not. he has competed and ko'd guys, just like at FW. He's beaten guys in the ufc just as easy as cage warriors. probably easier.

Again, I am aware of these facts.

He shouldn't get immediate title shots in weight classes he hasn't even fought in when he hasn't even made a single defence at FW. However, knowing Dana and his clowns they will find a way to justify giving him a shot.

I have heard rumors that Conor might just skip RDA for now and fight Lawler at UFC 200 after he beats Nate Diaz. What say you Sherdoggies?

Don't hold your breath TS, it will only happen if Lawler fights on short notice and isn't in fight shape :)

don't have a problem seeing his fight Lawler but not for the belt would rather not see 3 division get tied up

I vote yes. It's probably a bigger fight than Frankie and RDA. RDA can defend his title against Ferguson/Khabib winner, and Frankie can fight Aldo for an interim title.

Conor couldn't defend that FW belt if he wanted to; none of those dudes are fit to fight (apparently).

And I'm all for Conor making super-fights while he's still undefeated. This stuff is way more fun than the endless rematch cycles that accompany title defences in the UFC.

Conor's the only one who's always fighting someone new, always looking to make a big exciting fight.

Last edited:
That would be great for a lot of reasons, RPN for Robbie for starters.
There are no real negatives. If Robbie wins, no problem.
If Conor loses, no real problem.
If Conor wins, it will make history and the world goes nuts.
The only downside is that the division has a bottleneck, but that's a small price to pay.

Do Lawler vs Condit and Conor vs GSP at 200 as a #1 contender fight, 2 mil buys guaranteed.

Back