When cherry picking goes wrong - Demetrious Johnson

Yeah, when I think of a guy who has stopped 7 out of the last 10 title challengers (in a division where stoppages supposedly don't happen), I think safe fighter.

Did you read most post? how many of those finishes came late in fights against really tired opponents? DJ WAS playing it safe in those matches even if he finished in the end.

Did you read most post? how many of those finishes came late in fights against really beaten down opponents? DJ WAS playing it safe in those matches even if he finished in the end.

You don't play it safe and stop elite opponents. That's fucking oxymoronic.

Clearly if you want the judges to favor you you have to first be in your hometown and then secondly all you gotta do is bring your opponent down and lay on them. It is a very exciting tactic which gets the crowds going and instantly wins you the round. Don't worry about being out struck. Your goal is to get that one take down. You guys are welcome for the pro tips.

user name checks out

Mighty Mouse never was (or will be) the goat. He's always been super overrated because he's been beating everyone in a super weak division. If he were a natural lightweight he wouldn't crack top 5.

Did you read most post? how many of those finishes came late in fights against really tired opponents? DJ WAS playing it safe in those matches even if he finished in the end.

I don't know why he just doesn't stop them in the first.

He's disrespecting paying fans.

You don't play it safe and stop elite opponents. That's fucking oxymoronic.

Its a question of degree of course although also whether some of those opponents were "elite" or whether they lasted so long vs DJ because he was playing it relatively safe rather than running over them quickly.

Can't really see where the "ducking", "cherry picking" and other accusations against Johnson come from. He is doing what a fighter and a champion should be doing. Has the "double champ", "superfight" idea become so embedded in the minds of fans that they think a fighter SHOULDN'T fight No1 contenders, even if that results in rematches or some one-sided fights or to some unpopular fighter getting his shot? Shouldn't the fighters of a division get their chance, even if you think they can't win?

Please think broader and be more sympathetic to these guys that go through fight after fight only to be screwed or waste their time until they are too old to have a fair chance against the champion. Why should TJ or DJ get their superfight and not Moraes or Formiga or Assuncao or whoever is deserving get their chance, their shot at the belt, since that is their goal as it was for the champions before they became champions? I don't expect most fighters to think about this but the fans, that have nothing to gain, should push for more guys getting their chances to shine, if not capture the gold.

Cejudo saved Mighty Mouse from an absolute one sided ass whopping against Dillasnake. Mighty Mouse got lucky, Dillasnake would have whopped him badly

Suppose you could say the same about when Dom picked Cody to fight

Don't worry, DJ will be fine. He can give Brandon Moreno a rematch on a Fight Pass card, while Cejudo fights TJ.

Why? Because Cejudo has fuckin' balls.

This:

Cejudo did much better than most people thought he could (whether you agree with the decision or not)

Mighty Mouse is a stud, did not take any real damage, and will be back, maybe with some ferocity we have yet to see from the guy.

Henry v Snake ? Fine by me, as long is they do it fast.... Put MM v a top 5 guy on the same card and the natural order of things will sort it all out.

Oh no. Dam it i also want to make a thread like this to get likes! Dam it man lol :D

Oh no. Dam it i also want to make a thread like this to get likes! Dam it man lol :D
Hahahaha, I'm have to admit I didn't exprcted that amount of likes, I'm overwhelmed by the acceptance ofthos thread by my sherbrothers hehehehe

Nate-Diaz-Conor-McGregor2.png

nothing tops this one.

It's true. He ducked TJ and got what he deserved. And he still managed to bitch about having to fight a bigger guy anyway.
I bigger guy that actually weighed less then him on fight night according to the CSAC.

Excellent choice but I think this one backfired worse.

16hkih2.jpg
A decision win is never on the same level as a finish via KO or SUB.

My answer was the correct answer.

It's true. He ducked TJ and got what he deserved. And he still managed to bitch about having to fight a bigger guy anyway.

Being tiny might even be advantageous at that weight. They're all too pitifully small to do any damage with their fists anyway, so at least the smaller guy is quicker and more nimble to be able to land more of their pathetic punches.

Back