When Cerrone recovers he should fight Islam

This is NOT the fight to make.
Why do we want to see Cerrone on his back for 15 minutes?
He's great off his back no? I don't particularly think it will be the most entertaining fight but it's a good scalp for Islam to take at this point before contention

Wtf does "losing via control" mean?

It means he’s getting outgrappled, against the fence and on the ground while staying relatively safe. Cowboy meanwhile is taking beating after beating. I think that my point is obvious.

Cowboy needz to work on image repair Conor laid waste to his guys guy persona fought like Wmma fighter looked more like Cowgirl than Cowboy...

It means he’s getting outgrappled, against the fence and on the ground while staying relatively safe. Cowboy meanwhile is taking beating after beating. I think that my point is obvious.
Your definition of "losing via control" is literally the opposite of what that term implies. RDA is getting directly CONTROLLED by his opponent, and losing that way. Why tf do you think they call the fighter who's outgrappling his opponent as the one who's racking up CONTROL time. Would you say Mcgregor and Poirier lost to Khabib "via control", and that Khabib didn't dominate them as much as Mcgregor and Gaethje dominated Cowboy?

You're also forgetting the fact that Cowboy's last two opponents, Mcgregor and Gaethje, both happen to be devastating strikers by nature, while RDA has faced a grappler and a point fighter. The losses seem worse because a striker is more likely to do visible damage and finish a fight early than the guys RDA's faced. That's the nature of it. If Cowboy was getting beat up on the feet by lower-level strikers and outgrappled by lower-level grapplers, then you might have a point. As of now though, your argument makes no sense, lacks any sort of context, and is one of the farthest things from obvious that I've read on here in a long time.

Your definition of "losing via control" is literally the opposite of what that term implies. RDA is getting directly CONTROLLED by his opponent, and losing that way. Why tf do you think they call the fighter who's outgrappling his opponent as the one who's racking up CONTROL time. Would you say Mcgregor and Poirier lost to Khabib "via control", and that Khabib didn't dominate them as much as Mcgregor and Gaethje dominated Cowboy?

LOL what the hell is this word salad. Dude you are arguing against some made up interpretation of what you think I said. Are you drunk, sleep deprived, or in some state of delirium?

What I said: that RDA is losing via ‘control’, quite fucking obviously means that he is being controlled by a superior wrestler.

And for the final time: the point I’m making, is that losing the way that RDA does is better for your health than losing the way Cowboy does: by getting his brain scrambled, again and again. Hence, while both guys are on a slide, Cowboy has a lot more to lose by not retiring.

He should retire.If you get hit with a 3 piece shoulder combo you should seriously consider it.

You should've said "losing via being controlled" or something to that effect if that's what you meant. Simply saying "losing via control" could easily be interpreted to mean that RDA had a degree of control in his past two fights, yet still lost for one particular reason or another, whereas Cowboy didn't. That's the way I took it, and that sure as shit isn't obvious. I'm not sleep deprived, you just don't know how to effectively communicate via text. Obviously my post seemed like word salad given this context, which was the result of the initial misinterpretation.

Back to the main point though, Cowboy's past two fights were against by far the two nastiest strikers in the division, and I'd even argue that he was disabled more by a broken nose and orbital bone than brain scrambling in the Conor fight. Like I said, if everyone was scrambling his brain or putting him to sleep, then that's one thing. The reality is that he hasn't gone to sleep and has only taken significant striking damage from the deadliest strikers in his division. Cowboy isn't going to be rematching them, so it's not like continuing to fight lower-level strikers whom he can hang with poses any more risk to him than whomever RDA fights next. People like Vick and Saunders need to retire for the sake of their cognitive health. Cowboy's situation isn't in the same ballpark.

Back