When "Anybody want something from..."

xbone19

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
when someone is going to the store or fast food place and someone says this are they expecting payment for the request???

i got into a heated argument last night cause i refused to pay for something i thought was a gift!

what would you do?

Dude, that's like asking for a water cup and then filling it up with lemonade.

Bunch of cheap bastards in the Berry today.

Do not treat kindness with mooching expectations.

No, you're suppose to pay for yourself. You buy, they fly.

Yeah. I could see where the confusion could come from, but they're saying, "I'll grab the shit while I'm out" as a courtesy but they clearly didn't mean they were paying for it.

If someone offers to pick something up for me while they are out on a run, I'm definitely expecting to pay for whatever I request. Half the time I'll offer to buy what they're getting too since they're going through the trouble of getting out.

If said "flyer" did not officially state an intent to not only procure but to also purchase said items, the "flyer" is hereby under no legal obligation to also to inherit the role of "buyer".

if he asked, but didn't ask for money, then technically it's on him.

then again, the person receiving said item should have made that clear before the duke left....

I would never assume it was a gift and if I did and they wanted me to pay I wouldn't argue that fact. I would pay. Simple. What it cost? 5$?? 10$??? Is that worth looking like a loser to you? Not me but I have a job and self respect.

It depends on what it is and who it is. If it's a close friend and I requested something very cheap, I wouldn't bother paying but anything other than that I'll definitely offer to pay.

They are only paying for you when they say "I'm buying", "My treat" or something similar.

You should offer to give them money for it and you will find that often they will turn you down and pay for it themselves but then you avoid the awkwardness of waiting to see if they ask for money later and them waiting to see if you offer money.

when someone is going to the store or fast food place and someone says this are they expecting payment for the request???

i got into a heated argument last night cause i refused to pay for something i thought was a gift!

what would you do?

It depends on your relationship with the guy asking. If I'm with my gaming buddies and one of us says "I'm running to Starbucks text me your orders" its usually on the guy running because we each make as many runs as our wallet allows.

Where that gets fucked up is if one or more people are not on the same page.

Back