when and how did you feel like you started to progress from white to blue

tapouttazz9

White Belt
Reaction score
At what point in your Bjj training did you feel like you started to progress from white belt to blue. Did you just show up to class one day and feel like you had improved or did it not hit you right away. What did you do in your game to go from feeling like a white belt to blue?

it was definetly a slow progression, I trained all the time prolly 5 days a week sometimes twice a day drilling rolling and working basics. I started smashing most of the other whites and catching blues. Things just started comeing together better and then one day blue

I could sweep other whites no problem and escape nearly any sub attempt. Also it seemed that as long as I had a bit more knowledge than the big guys I could handle them as well.

At what point in your Bjj training did you feel like you started to progress from white belt to blue. Did you just show up to class one day and feel like you had improved or did it not hit you right away. What did you do in your game to go from feeling like a white belt to blue?

I got my blue last week. For me things just clicked about 2-3 months ago. I was moving alot better, being able to flow between different techniques and being comfortable in bad positions.
Try not to focus to much on the belt, focus on the art.
Rex

I felt like I was on my way to blue when I started to have 1-2 moves from every position, and when I had an idea of what my opponent was doing and what I needed to do, even if I couldn't put it into motion perfectly. Technique refinement and tiny details weren't so much an issue back then, rather just getting enough moves to not feel totally lost, and also just getting the hang of moving on the mat.

I'm in it about 4 months...My first month when i was spazzing, i was doing well..and for the past month, i feel i'm in a slump...Drilling wise, i am focusing, but sparing, I can't pull anything off....

When I was spazzing in the begining..i was getting more than I do now..Maybe i'ts my diet or some shit...don't know

My belt is merely another weapon in my arsenal. Other than that I could give two shit the color.

There are lots of things that make you feel like you're progressing but one thing for me was being able to roll at a nice easy pace but still being able to execute moves.

I'd say I started feeling like a blue 5 months AFTER receiving the blue belt. That's when I started feeling I could pretty much dominate any roll with any white belt including the 4-stripers. There were exceptions, of course, such as those dudes who outweigh you 2 times and have freaking grizzly bear strength.

Way after I actually got my blue belt. I finally feel like I'm on or around where everyone else is.

I'm in it about 4 months...My first month when i was spazzing, i was doing well..and for the past month, i feel i'm in a slump...Drilling wise, i am focusing, but sparing, I can't pull anything off....

When I was spazzing in the begining..i was getting more than I do now..Maybe i'ts my diet or some shit...don't know

You are four months in...what are you expecting to be hitting at this point? You should now be really learning sub defense and regaining your guard.

Back