When a Business Refuses to give you a Refund

I work in retail, well, retail theft. I see no problem giving refunds out because of shit like this.

If that guy paid cash, he can legitimately get away easily, and now that place has got to pay for all that shit AND their brand is damaged, despite the guy freaking out.

I work at a photo studio where we also take passport photos, and we offer digital copies. Only the system to access those digital images is extremely flawed and most times people can’t actually access them. So they ask for a refund after they can’t get their photos. I’m manager and my DM says we can only refund them if their photos are rejected. Meaning even if they don’t even get their photos to begin with I can do nothing. Our payment system is set up so I can’t even refund them without contacting our tech to ask them to rectify it and that request goes through the DMs. It’s fucked.

I’ve had so many people scream at me and threaten me that it’s ridiculous. And the whole time I’m just thinking how stupid it all is and I don’t get paid enough.

It always sucks when stores don't empower their employees to make the call ton giving a refund so it escalates to a manger who instantly caves to the customer.

I was born and raised in a 3rd world country and even people over there do not behave this way. I've never even seen an internet video of anyone over there in a country of over 100 million acting in this manner.

First world problems.

Fuck that store If they messed up his order and refused to refund, fuck it.

I don't condone his reaction but he was in the right.

Time is money, they wasted his time by fucking up his order. The guy may have to go back to work. Or he may have to catch a flight. They screwed up his order which= wasting his time. Peoples lives revolve around needing to be punctual or face repercussions of being late.

My family own a restaurant, we tell the staff that during rush hour there is going to be a longer wait time so the customers don't get their time wasted since some are construction workers who need to go back to work in half an hour and order might take 45 minutes if its a lineup.

Counter workers need tasers for when poor people have meltdowns. Apparently our society has been so dumbed down that only about 5% of the adult population are actually adults, and the rest are just toddlers in adult bodies. It would be embarrassing if your 3 year old behaved like these people.
Trapdoor leading to spiked floor like in cartoons.

It always sucks when stores don't empower their employees to make the call ton giving a refund so it escalates to a manger who instantly caves to the customer.

I wasn't afraid to let a good chunk of employees make decisions when I worked retail. It makes your job a hell of a lot easier. It allowed me more time to manage people and not a business.

Back