When a Business Refuses to give you a Refund

oughta teach those "professional managers" or even counter workers that sometimes a 5 dollar refund is a better option than antagonizing an already irrate customer about to explode. Tho they probabily moronically rationalize "but then everyone would want one". Which is NEVER an actual possibility to happen in any commerce or field.

oughta teach those "professional managers" or even counter workers that sometimes a 5 dollar refund is a better option than antagonizing an already irrate customer about to explode. Tho they probabily moronically rationalize "but then everyone would want one". Which is NEVER an actual possibility to happen in any commerce or field.

Yeah, I don't see the problem here.

If his order was messed up to the point you were willing to remake it, why can't you refund him? It's not going to come up often and you can see how aggravating someone isn't worth it.

Only reasonable guess I can make is maybe something about the payment system - like he paid online with a card and they can't refund in person.

But I also feel like a lot of corporate/chain stores just have rigid policies about not refunding. I've overheard conversations with people getting aggravated because the company won't allow them to get their money back and the poor managers agree with them, but can't do anything about it - they'll be fired, or their system is configured to literally prevent them from doing it.

Counter workers need tasers for when poor people have meltdowns. Apparently our society has been so dumbed down that only about 5% of the adult population are actually adults, and the rest are just toddlers in adult bodies. It would be embarrassing if your 3 year old behaved like these people.

Sounds like the guy earned a refund. He should have just left and contacted corporate he would have got a refund. We got to wingstop a lot. I don't know what manager she talked to but they will do refunds.

What the hell is wrong with that dude?
Sometimes the smart thing to do is to cut off your loses then go with your life and never buy from that store again.

Does that idiot think that all of that was actually worth it for 5 bucks?

Counter workers need tasers for when poor people have meltdowns. Apparently our society has been so dumbed down that only about 5% of the adult population are actually adults, and the rest are just toddlers in adult bodies. It would be embarrassing if your 3 year old behaved like these people.
My parents would have slapped me if I acted like that at 3 years old.

This is why I pay for everything with my credit card. If I dont like a product or service and cant get a refund, I do a chargeback and let the credit card company worry about it. Its not my money its theirs so they are a lot more likely to help you/them. Acting like a douche isnt going to get you anywhere.

Stupid all around.

Man, the public.....

Isn’t that guy in Korn?

Also is it just me or is that guys voice level at a 6 and she raises it to a 9.

His reaction was idiotic but the manger is a moron too. They clearly screwed up his order to a degree that required them to remake it. If he wants a refund instead of a new shitty sandwich, he’s entitled to one.

Now he’s going to jail instead of another place for lunch though.

Now imagine she's white.
a94a24b2-7b3f-4f2d-ab3c-2f202254c359_screenshot.jpg

The guy could have just recorded a video about the situation, posted it on social media, and then he would be raking in donations for a replacement sandwich on GoFundMe. Corporate would have refunded him, issued an apology, and gave him some coupons as well.

If you ever film anything interesting, make sure you shake your phone and cover the lens as soon as the action starts. It builds suspense and let's the audience use their imagination.

The person filming didn't want to get tossed like the cash register.

Yeah, I don't see the problem here.

If his order was messed up to the point you were willing to remake it, why can't you refund him? It's not going to come up often and you can see how aggravating someone isn't worth it.

Only reasonable guess I can make is maybe something about the payment system - like he paid online with a card and they can't refund in person.

But I also feel like a lot of corporate/chain stores just have rigid policies about not refunding. I've overheard conversations with people getting aggravated because the company won't allow them to get their money back and the poor managers agree with them, but can't do anything about it - they'll be fired, or their system is configured to literally prevent them from doing it.

It's extremely common for a business to have policies strongly discouraging refunds. Replacement of food / goods is technically cheaper than refunding a sale. Yet any time things get escalated and a manager jumps in, the same same manager who would grief any sales person for offering a refund will generally grovel apologize and offer a refund right away.

The teller (or the manager) was actually at fault here. You give the guy a refund and he comes back and you make profit on him. That's why the customer is always right, you just suck it up even if someone's a bit of an asshole, you just smile and say thank you and they come back and the business makes money off of that customer. Now they've lost a customer, damaged a till and broken a window over probably a $7 refund.

LOL. Yeah. That cheeky cunt is lucky she did not get punched in the face.

Customer- 'I don't have time to wait again-What do we do now?'

Employee- 'You get your food remade, go on about your day, and stop yelling at my manager'.

Obviously this was a gross over reaction. But it was telegraphed and completely avoidable. The customer was not even asking for something completely unreasonable.

The ironic part is that if it were up to any of the people actually in front of the guy, they would have likely just given him the money. But my guess is they did not have the authority and autonomy to do that. I find it hilarious that the owners unwillingness to give their employees the autonomy to make a $6.00 decision just cost them thousands in damage.

His reaction was idiotic but the manger is a moron too. They clearly screwed up his order to a degree that required them to remake it. If he wants a refund instead of a new shitty sandwich, he’s entitled to one.

Now he’s going to jail instead of another place for lunch though.

What makes you think they screwed up his order at all? There are people who order food, eat a lot of it then complain to get a refund. Stores got wise to it and switched to offering to remake food but it seems obvious that he didn't want the food. He just escalated that into a felony.

Back