When 100% of the main card fights go to a decision...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Ballist1x, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Ballist1x

Ballist1x Green Belt

Does it put you off watching the event? I cant watch every event live and often watch the next day. However, if all the fights go to a decision, and I mean 100% of the main card fights, and 6 under card fights, does it put you off?

I am not a just bleed and I am not saying every decision is a snooze fest. But out of all those decisions, that's a lot of time to watch no finish happen...Peace.

MMAart and Fahcough like this.
  2. BrunswickMAF

BrunswickMAF Orange Belt

I definitely like to see a finish but if the fight is exciting a decision doesn't make a difference to me.

Kawlinz likes this.
  3. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

All the best fights go to decision. Most of them anyway.

RyanR likes this.
  4. HHJ

HHJ Jeg reiser til mørkets dyp der alt er dødt.

The main event made up for everything

5. tnsinga

tnsinga Blue Belt

I like decisions - more time to watch especially if you've been waiting and for a fight and engaging in the pre fight hype for a while, kind of annoying when you spend ages analysing the matchup and looking forward to a fight then its over too soon

RyanR likes this.
  6. Bend NvR Break

Bend NvR Break Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.

The better the two competitors the more likely it ends in a decision.

7. Necrocrawler

Necrocrawler Purple Belt

That depends of those decisions...

8. Fahcough

Fahcough Black Belt

That was a great thing about watching an hour behind on FP. You can see the markers in the scroll bar. The flurries, takedowns, sub attempt, if it went 1 or 3 rounds. If it started off stale, just skipped to next round or skipped fight all together.

9. Jay philips

Jay philips Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

That is good nobody suffered a level 3 concussion and if they are all good fights we can watch some good long wars, You are what they call a casual clinger you get bored watching fights because you don't actually like what your looking at you just want to fit in. You would be the one in the crowd booing when 2 fighters are trying to figure each other out and trying not to get their head knocked off because you have no idea what they are doing. Try watching bowling I hear they throw a strike just about every throw.

10. VulcanNervPinch

VulcanNervPinch Silver Belt

Yeah, I'm not a big fan.

The percentage of decisions that are good hard fights with clear winners isn't that high.
    Often you get:

a winner declared, even though they in no way showed they were decisively better
    somebody coasting/stalling for the last round
    cautious, conservative fighting
    lots of time spent watching, without much happening

Some decisions are enjoyable, but most are underwhelming. And a full card of them is definitely lame.

MMAart likes this.
  11. Kryptt

Kryptt Dead Belt

Yea - like most said - depends on how the overall fight goes - can't knock a good scrap that goes all the way in my book.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  12. The lord of bones

The lord of bones Banned Banned

I'm cool as long as they're rushing every fighter out without a shit load of commercials like they did Saturday.

13. screaminleeman

screaminleeman Red Belt

I am very surprised that I agree with most of the posters on page 1. I couldn't possibly care less if no UFC fight EVER ends with a finish. I only ask that the fighters put on a good performance, and I am entertained.

I like MMA. I love high level technique on display. While I am not a fan of exploiting "loopholes" in the unified rules, I do respect that good coaches are 100% going to "expose" them, and accept that it is part of the evolution of our very young combat sport. These "coaches" are IMO doing the commission a favor clearly pointing out their shortcomings in creating the "loophole" within the rules initially.

If you cannot tolerate closely contested fights that go to a decision, this is not the sport for you.

14. LongTermLurker

LongTermLurker "Et tu, Brute?" Platinum Member

I don't like knowing how fights end before watching, finish or otherwise. If I record I don't see results. Knowing a finish is coming would ruin it for me the same knowing it was going the distance.

15. mbach4307

mbach4307 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Sometimes a fight with a finish can be terrible. Ex: Mir vs crocop. And a decision can be great. Just the last few main events that went to a decision were great. Lawler vs Condit, tj vs Cruz, bisping vs Anderson

16. Socialhandgrenade

Socialhandgrenade Silver Belt

Allen v Maza (sp?) Went to decision but it shouldn't have. But yeah it was a bit disheartening that we saw hardly any finishes

17. TheWobbler

TheWobbler Brown Belt

If a fight becomes boring I tend to skip through it if im not watching live until I start seeing some action.

18. Ballist1x

Ballist1x Green Belt

joined december 2015...

I have watched virtually every UFC event, every pride event, all the Cagerage, M1 global, Dream, King of the cage and Strikeforce and i am a casual clinger.

try harder Freud

19. RockstarChris

RockstarChris Dwight Belt Banned

I almost always watch the UFC fights the next morning and I skip most of the fights that go to decision if i dont care about either fighter. Just being honest.

20. Ballist1x

Ballist1x Green Belt

my friends like to skip all of the build up and want to see the fight start. i like to see a bit of the walk in and hear the bruce buffer announcements. they just whizz to the go and start ff if there is any lapse in actions. But they still enjoy watching the fights.

Maybe when you have seen too much this kind of apathy occurs?