What's your weakest, and strongest punch!

Code N

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Search button is broken.

So what's your weakest and strongest punch? Please don't type paragraphs.

Weakest: Left hook. - It feels so weak, it's pathetic.

Strongest: Right hook.

weakest is prolly left uppercut
strongest is right straight

favorite is jab :)

Weakest- Right Hook

Stongest- Straight Right

Strongest: Ducking left hook.

Weakest: Straight Right.

Weakest: Jab
Strongest: Right Hook

Seriously, how can your weakest not be the jab?

(I'm orthodox)

My best punch, for sure, is my right uppercut. It has so much more snap and power than any of my other punches.

My weakest punch is my jab, not that I have a shitty jab or anything, but the jab just isn't a power punch...

If you meant worst power punch, oddly enough that's probably my left uppercut. Or maybe my left hook. Sometimes I have trouble sitting back on my hook.

Edit- Also, btw, what the hell is a right hook? That is NOT a good punch, unless you're a southpaw. You should either be throwing a straight, or an overhand, but a right hook is just a loopy, wide mess of a punch that anyone with any modicum of skill is going to counter or avoid.

weakest: left uppercut (awkward)
strongest: left hook (coming off right straight)

Weakest: Uppercut (most awkward, jab is weakest in terms of raw power)
Strongest: Left hook.

My weakest punch is my jab, not that I have a shitty jab or anything, but the jab just isn't a power punch...
A lot of MMA enthusiasts (not all) under appreciate the jab. There are so many things to consider in MMA that the jab tends to get neglected.

My guess is that a lot of people wouldn't consider it when asked this question but I agree with your answer.

Edit- Also, btw, what the hell is a right hook? That is NOT a good punch, unless you're a southpaw. You should either be throwing a straight, or an overhand, but a right hook is just a loopy, wide mess of a punch that anyone with any modicum of skill is going to counter or avoid.
Truth.. If you're close enough to throw a right (rear hand) hook you'd probably do better throwing an elbow.

As for myself, I'm gonna say that my left uppercut is my weakest punch aside from my jab.

Last edited:
W- probably my jab, which i hate. want a stronger jab, work it a lot.
S-left hook, "its all in the hips", "its all in the hips"

^What helped me get more snap into my jab, is to keep your hand turned in more, so that when you throw it out you can get more twist into it. It also gives you more surface area to block with, especially w/ 16 oz gloves on.

Search button is broken.

So what's your weakest and strongest punch? Please don't type paragraphs.

Weakest: Left hook. - It feels so weak, it's pathetic.

Strongest: Right hook.

I'm the exact opposite. I'm orthodox and i feel my left hook is strongest and right hook is weakest.

Seriously, how is your jab not the weakest?

I'm sure my left hook hurts but I have really long arms and find it hard to find the range on, not to mention sit down on. It's my weakest punch for reasons besides power.

My jab is fast and very accurate and lands hard especially in a 1-2-1 combo, as a bonus they land from long range. It's my best punch all around.

My strongest are right hands, straights probably edging the rest by a bit.

Strongest: Right straight and left hook both upstairs.

Weakest: Right uppercut

Im orthodox

Strongest punches: Jab, right cross and left hook.
Weakest punches: Lead and rear hand uppercuts.
I've got to do a lot more work on them.

Back