What's your vertical?

I could always grab the rim with both hands from a standing two leg jump. I am about 6'1.

While I am not entirely sure how a vertical is measured, I can jump onto 26 stacked yoga mats (so somewhere in the area of 50 inches).

Mind you, this is with my knees tucked into my body.

Vetical is measured with your reach, not with your feet. What you're doing is essentially a box jump, which is an excellent indicator of lower body power. I've done a 48" off a static start and a 52" box off a drop start.

This guy is sick though, he could pretty much jump over me:

YouTube - 66 Inch Jump by Adrian Wilson

I don't know what my vert is but I can dunk pretty easily. I'm 6'3 though. I could dunk better a few years ago before I tore my ACL but I've regained most of that back. My vert is probably only a two or three inches less than before I tore it.

im not sure what my vertical is....ill probably test it sometime this week now, i know my reach goes up to 7'2".....never tried touching the rim from a direct standstill but i will when im on the court this week

Last week at volleyball I was trying to touch the hoop, I can get about 1" below. My hands are 7' so I can jump 35", but that is with a running start.

A guy my height that I play with can get above the rim. I felt pretty bad about that until I asked him his weight. He is 145, and I am 195. If I could unload 50 pounds I could get a lot higher.

I can dunk and I call myself a commoners.

Me and Bubbleboy are in a vertical jump competition, deadline June 1rst.

It's not difficult to figure out how to jump higher. All you need is a lot of explosive leg power. Full squats, good mornings, heel raise jumps while keeping your leg straight (I call these thrusters), and other stuff like that are all you really need. Just do it consistently over a long period of time and you'll notice your vert increase.

Your in a vert contest with BB? Can I compete? I don't know my vert but it's not good.

I have not tried for probably 4-5 years but I have always been able to stand under a hoop and jump up and touch the rim and when I was a bit younger ( and a bit lighter) could dunk with a small ball ( like a tennis ball ) in my hand--now when I would do the run and jump I could never get closer, but could always do it ( touching the rim) while standing directly underneath it. I have always been able to play the front line in volleyball fairly well and could consistently spike or block much taller players ( I am 5' 7") I know I measured my vertical jump at one point in time--by using the chalk on the brick wall method, but will have to look it up in my training journal

Mine's not bad.

Here's a picture I took just now.

kellybdunk2.jpg

that's fucking beastly.

I have not tried for probably 4-5 years but I have always been able to stand under a hoop and jump up and touch the rim and when I was a bit younger ( and a bit lighter) could dunk with a small ball ( like a tennis ball ) in my hand--now when I would do the run and jump I could never get closer, but could always do it ( touching the rim) while standing directly underneath it. I have always been able to play the front line in volleyball fairly well and could consistently spike or block much taller players ( I am 5' 7") I know I measured my vertical jump at one point in time--by using the chalk on the brick wall method, but will have to look it up in my training journal

some people can't do the run and jump cause they dont know how to jump properly from a run.

...I would be one of those people.

*looks around nervously*

That was...uhh...not really me. I just googled "Whiteboy Dunk".

That is all.

*looks around nervously*

That was...uhh...not really me. I just googled "Whiteboy Dunk".

That is all.

Did anyone rrrreally think that was you? The name of the image should give it away - it's Kelly Bagget.

Last week at volleyball I was trying to touch the hoop, I can get about 1" below. My hands are 7' so I can jump 35", but that is with a running start.

A guy my height that I play with can get above the rim. I felt pretty bad about that until I asked him his weight. He is 145, and I am 195. If I could unload 50 pounds I could get a lot higher.

Your reach is 7'....? How tall are you?

And one more time - I've posted this somewhere before:

Leonel Marshall, reported 50in vert, Cuba volleyball player:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoKhEiAHfYs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QoKhEiAHfYs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

That volleyball jumper is awesome. That is how I imagine myself every time I spike. Of course in reality I look like a wounded rhino.

I'm pretty fast at sprints and have good leg power, but I can't jump to save my life for some reason.

Back