What's your vertical?

Ted-P

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I've been playing basketball for the first time in my life for a extended period of time and I was curious about what the S&P vertical leap is.

Although I never measured mine specifically, but I'm pretty sure it can't be more than 26 inches assuming that the basketball rims in my college is even 10 feet high.

I think it would be a very cool thing to dunk for us commoners. I can't dunk so I really want to be able to.

I can dunk and I call myself a commoners.

Me and Bubbleboy are in a vertical jump competition, deadline June 1rst.

It's not difficult to figure out how to jump higher. All you need is a lot of explosive leg power. Full squats, good mornings, heel raise jumps while keeping your leg straight (I call these thrusters), and other stuff like that are all you really need. Just do it consistently over a long period of time and you'll notice your vert increase.

I can touch the rim of a basketball hoop. Barely.

When I started doing squats I put on about 15 pounds and increased my vert by at least a couple inches.

I've been playing basketball for the first time in my life for a extended period of time and I was curious about what the S&P vertical leap is.

Although I never measured mine specifically, but I'm pretty sure it can't be more than 26 inches assuming that the basketball rims in my college is even 10 feet high.

I think it would be a very cool thing to dunk for us commoners. I can't dunk so I really want to be able to.

How tall are you?

I haven't had my vert tested in quite a long time. Should get it checked, out of curiosity's sake if nothing else. My standing reach is exactly 8' so that's pretty handy.

I'm about 5' 7 - 5' 8" and I can barely grab the rim (at least I could last time I tried), but I don't know what my reach is. The last time I actually measured my vertical was in high school about 5 years ago and I think it was around 26".

I'm about 5' 7 - 5' 8" and I can barely grab the rim (at least I could last time I tried), but I don't know what my reach is. The last time I actually measured my vertical was in high school about 5 years ago and I think it was around 26".

I can grab rim easily from a run , but I need at least good 5-6 inches to dunk comfortably.

and I can only touch rim from a stand still and on a good day I can grab it from a stand still.

but 26 is being generous as I stated before.

If you are 5'8", have a vert of 26" and can grab the rim you have a reach of around 28". Isn't that a bit much?

I'm pretty sure I can dunk now. I'm not sure what my vertical is though. I'm 6'3 with a fairly long reach.

pre-knee surgry, very high. i never measured, but i was able to grab rim (I'm 5'9") to do a standing front tuck (reverse gainer style) and land standing (with bent knees), standing arabians, standing fulls and a running front tuck over the hood of a car. now, post-knee surgery, I'm lucky if I can run and jump over a row of hedges.

word to the wise - don't blow your acl out, kids.

Back