What's your verdict on the West Memphis 3?

Jesse was retarded, and everyone in town knew he was retarded. They probably were mad about it, at some point, but he too was a victim. I don't know about bet my life, but I am as sure as I can ever be. I wasnt there, I don't know the people in question, but after watching all the docs and reading all about it, I just don't think they did it.

I think the lead detective and the DA were under tremendous pressure to solve the case, so they fabricated one. I don't think the cops were simply incompetent, I think they were corrupt, and shameless. They pinned a death sentence on a kid they didn't like, and life sentences on two more, knowing full well they were innocent.
He was slow but he was able to function normally and hold down a job. I think I read he was going to be going to college as well. After I read his confession to the prosecution in front of his lawyers who told him not to say anything, I stopped doubting his innocence. Plus a friend of his went to the police and told them he had broke down and confessed to him the morning after.

I agree there, them being convicted is disgusting, the WMPD presented "fiber evidence" and a fake murder weapon. We don't convict people because it seems like they did it in this country... usually. The whole jury considered the confession and used it in their delaboration even tho it shouldn't have been there, no way the WMPD deserve that guilty verdict.
It doesn't matter that I think they most likely did it in that debate, they should have walked out.
I just think that it's unfair to blame Hobbs and let them walk 100% free

Refresh my memory: What's this about a fake murder weapon?

Refresh my memory: What's this about a fake murder weapon?
The prosecutors felt like they needed to introduce the murder weapon so they went with the "lake knife". It was pulled out of the water months later, and was allegedly given to Jason and his mother was aware of it. It had no evidence on it, and there wasn't even a consistent story about why it was introduced. There was even discrepancies about when it was found, as Jason's mom and others insisted it was before the murders.
This is just personal opinion from here, to me it seemed like prosecutors didn't want to go forward with no motive and no murder weapon so it became "Satan and this lake knife".

The prosecutors felt like they needed to introduce the murder weapon so they went with the "lake knife". It was pulled out of the water months later, and was allegedly given to Jason and his mother was aware of it. It had no evidence on it, and there wasn't even a consistent story about why it was introduced. There was even discrepancies about when it was found, as Jason's mom and others insisted it was before the murders.

This is just personal opinion from here, to me it seemed like prosecutors didn't want to go forward with no motive and no murder weapon so it became "Satan and this lake knife".

I'm familiar with the lake knife. At least from what I've read, it should not be ruled out.

I know there were a couple of experts who matched up marks on the boys with the butt of the knife (which was unusual in that a compass that came on the knife had been removed, and it was this hollowed out part of the knife that potentially matched the marks).

I'm familiar with the lake knife. At least from what I've read, it should not be ruled out.

I know there were a couple of experts who matched up marks on the boys with the butt of the knife (which was unusual in that a compass that came on the knife had been removed, and it was this hollowed out part of the knife that potentially matched the marks).
I came across wrong, I shouldn't be trying to discredit it, I more meant to say that I felt the prosecution did a poor job of tying it to the murders. HBO tried to link the knife that JMB gave them to the murders and came across just as credible, imo.
The rest is unrelated, but I was gonna post it anyway so I'll do it in the same post.
In the first Paradise Lost doc, one of Damien's biggest supporters is his Bella Thorne looking lady friend Domini Teer, pregnant with his baby.
Since the first doc, however, she distanced herself from the case and now lives a quiet life as Domini Farris in Arizona.
Damien has never contacted her or his child in any way after things went down. I just wanna know what she knows about this...
Also, another random tangent, but some WM3 supporters still cling to the "dump site, not murder site" theory, and I'm pretty sure I can factually prove that wrong. One of the murdered kids they found had water in the lungs and no ligature marks, so no struggle before being placed in the water. I had to read gross autopsy reports to get this, but I don't see how anyone can insist that a KOed breathing child wasn't drowned right at the murder scene.

The rest is unrelated, but I was gonna post it anyway so I'll do it in the same post.
In the first Paradise Lost doc, one of Damien's biggest supporters is his Bella Thorne looking lady friend Domini Teer, pregnant with his baby.
Since the first doc, however, she distanced herself from the case and now lives a quiet life as Domini Farris in Arizona.
Damien has never contacted her or his child in any way after things went down. I just wanna know what she knows about this...

That's an interesting question, what does she know? I'd be curious to find that out for myself.

I'm also going to use your segue to launch another segue, into another question of, "What does she know?" I'd like to find out what Jessie told this girl when she visited him in prison.

According to westmemphisthreefacts.com:

Many years before the WM3 were released, a WM3 supporter who posted on the WM3 discussion boards as "TrueRomance" befriended Jessie Misskelley. Her real name may have been "Lindsey." She wrote and received letters to Jessie, talked to him on the phone, and also visited him in prison. She immediately ceased believing in the three's innocence after having a conversation with Jessie in prison where she asked him directly if he had been involved in the murders. According to her, the answer he gave caused her to stop all contact and become a “non” (a non believer in WM3 innocence). We don't know what Jessie told her, she has never disclosed that information, but it clearly wasn't good. Below is an excerpt from a post she made on a WM3 discussion board. The original post cannot be found and the exact date of the post is unknown… it was possibly around 2006. The post still exists because it was copied to other WM3 discussion groups. For clarification, when she refers to “the KGB,” that is a nickname for WM3.org founders Kathy Bakken, Grove Pashley, and Burk Sauls. Here is what “TrueRomance” had to say:

“If I was going to let this case consume my life I felt like I needed to research things more aggressively and ask Jessie some point blank questions I never had. I felt like it was the only fair thing to do. If I'm risking my peace of mind and throwing myself 110% into this then I'm going to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person I'm putting MY good name on the line for is being honest and is innocent. After all my research and questions I found out things were much different than I originally thought. Its also different when you ask someone a point blank question and you dont get the answer you were expecting. And don't reply to this and tell me to cite this and provide that because I did that little dance with supporters for long enough and I don't care whether anyone agrees with me. The information I found is readily available to anyone who wants to look at it, but any supporter still stuck in that conspiracy mentality is only going to twist it. I was lied to over and over by supporters, the KGB, and consistently withheld information on that side. Once I "became a non" I was offered a wealth of information, never once misled, and never once forced to believe the same as anyone else. I never got that when I was a supporter. So do I believe the three are guilty? Yes. And if any supporter wants to pull this over to the other board or make fun of me or my lifestyle, my physical appearance, or social class (which they've done in the past), feel free. I got two things out of this situation that you'll never have and that is an education and the truth.”

Also, another random tangent, but some WM3 supporters still cling to the "dump site, not murder site" theory, and I'm pretty sure I can factually prove that wrong. One of the murdered kids they found had water in the lungs and no ligature marks, so no struggle before being placed in the water. I had to read gross autopsy reports to get this, but I don't see how anyone can insist that a KOed breathing child wasn't drowned right at the murder scene.

Those are some good points.

That's an interesting question, what does she know? I'd be curious to find that out for myself.

I'm also going to use your segue to launch another segue, into another question of, "What does she know?" I'd like to find out what Jessie told this girl when she visited him in prison.

According to westmemphisthreefacts.com:

Many years before the WM3 were released, a WM3 supporter who posted on the WM3 discussion boards as "TrueRomance" befriended Jessie Misskelley. Her real name may have been "Lindsey." She wrote and received letters to Jessie, talked to him on the phone, and also visited him in prison. She immediately ceased believing in the three's innocence after having a conversation with Jessie in prison where she asked him directly if he had been involved in the murders. According to her, the answer he gave caused her to stop all contact and become a “non” (a non believer in WM3 innocence). We don't know what Jessie told her, she has never disclosed that information, but it clearly wasn't good. Below is an excerpt from a post she made on a WM3 discussion board. The original post cannot be found and the exact date of the post is unknown… it was possibly around 2006. The post still exists because it was copied to other WM3 discussion groups. For clarification, when she refers to “the KGB,” that is a nickname for WM3.org founders Kathy Bakken, Grove Pashley, and Burk Sauls. Here is what “TrueRomance” had to say:

“If I was going to let this case consume my life I felt like I needed to research things more aggressively and ask Jessie some point blank questions I never had. I felt like it was the only fair thing to do. If I'm risking my peace of mind and throwing myself 110% into this then I'm going to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the person I'm putting MY good name on the line for is being honest and is innocent. After all my research and questions I found out things were much different than I originally thought. Its also different when you ask someone a point blank question and you dont get the answer you were expecting. And don't reply to this and tell me to cite this and provide that because I did that little dance with supporters for long enough and I don't care whether anyone agrees with me. The information I found is readily available to anyone who wants to look at it, but any supporter still stuck in that conspiracy mentality is only going to twist it. I was lied to over and over by supporters, the KGB, and consistently withheld information on that side. Once I "became a non" I was offered a wealth of information, never once misled, and never once forced to believe the same as anyone else. I never got that when I was a supporter. So do I believe the three are guilty? Yes. And if any supporter wants to pull this over to the other board or make fun of me or my lifestyle, my physical appearance, or social class (which they've done in the past), feel free. I got two things out of this situation that you'll never have and that is an education and the truth.”

Those are some good points.
I know! I've heard of that because I like the site you quoted, even if it's biased. I'm surprised more people aren't bothering Jesse now, seems like gets to live a quiet life

I know! I've heard of that because I like the site you quoted, even if it's biased. I'm surprised more people aren't bothering Jesse now, seems like gets to live a quiet life

What I want to know is how many people are still obsessing over this case. When they were still in prison I know it was a shitload of people--thousands and thousands--but now that they're out, I wonder what those numbers look like.

How many people are still spending their time sifting through the thousands of files on Callahan? Or reading all the books that have been written on the subject?

I mean, now that they're out, they're out. They're not going back. So I wonder how many people still care enough to give their lives over to trying to understand the evidence.

What I want to know is how many people are still obsessing over this case. When they were still in prison I know it was a shitload of people--thousands and thousands--but now that they're out, I wonder what those numbers look like.

How many people are still spending their time sifting through the thousands of files on Callahan? Or reading all the books that have been written on the subject?

I mean, now that they're out, they're out. They're not going back. So I wonder how many people still care enough to give their lives over to trying to understand the evidence.
I don't click on my FB very often, but I'm in the neutral WM3 group, a place you don't get kicked out of for being a supporter or a non. Discussion is clearly down, but a few people still do stuff like visit the place, reread the autopsies, religiously follow Damien's Twitter, etc. Plus there are a few locals who have interesting insight and are willing to discuss every day.
I did find it interesting that the couple of locals who knew LG and Damien personally are nons.
It is slipping in relevance tho

I don't click on my FB very often, but I'm in the neutral WM3 group, a place you don't get kicked out of for being a supporter or a non. Discussion is clearly down, but a few people still do stuff like visit the place, reread the autopsies, religiously follow Damien's Twitter, etc. Plus there are a few locals who have interesting insight and are willing to discuss every day.
I did find it interesting that the couple of locals who knew LG and Damien personally are nons.
It is slipping in relevance tho

I'm sure we're in the death throes, except for a very, very small minority of obsessives who just can't let it go.

Give it 5 or 10 more years and the people researching it will be non-existent. Maybe there will be 5% of the people left compared to the case's peak.

I wonder when the next big case will come along, the next WM3, Serial/Adnan Syed or Making a Murderer/Steven Avery.

A lot of people crave that shit, twisted as it may be, myself included.

I'm sure we're in the death throes, except for a very, very small minority of obsessives who just can't let it go.

Give it 5 or 10 more years and the people researching it will be non-existent. Maybe there will be 5% of the people left compared to the case's peak.

I wonder when the next big case will come along, the next WM3, Serial/Adnan Syed or Making a Murderer/Steven Avery.

A lot of people crave that shit, twisted as it may be, myself included.
Is there a Steven Avery thread? I don't have strong opinions about that one like I do here, but I do think the state got a less than convincing decision. I don't wholeheartedly disagree with it, but it does make me uneasy

Oh yes, there's a Steven Avery thread. Yes, there is.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/making-a-murderer.3136555/

That's only V1 though. It's locked since it hit a thousand replies, so you can read but not post. There's also a V2, which you can resurrect and post in if you like. Just search for Making a Murderer and you'll find V2, the Super Sweaty Edition.

Personally, I loved watching MaM, but as often happens with these docs there's a ton of relevant info left out and it's obvious the filmmakers were biased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back