What's your veggie intake?

4d8d31cb304e7b5062aba9e4a9c48f997cb1adf83414142e5d40fbb08693d35b.png

^
Not good at all. I try to get in some broccoli or asparagus when I can but I rarely eat vegetables. They are just too much trouble to cook and/or I don't enjoy them. I do supplement with vitamins and I recently started taking a superfood/greens drink just to get them in.

@HughPhug isn't it just like a big courgette?
It's just a dirty dirty vegetable!

I remember it being really watery, and stringy, this was back when we were real poor, late 70's early 80's, and things were just cooked to be cooked, not for flavour. I don't know why but marrow was easy to come by for my ma so it was on our plates every night. Special occasions we had ratatouille, which I also have never been able to stomach since. And yeah, courgette and marrow both have that mushy, watery flesh when over cooked

It's just a dirty dirty vegetable!

I remember it being really watery, and stringy, this was back when we were real poor, late 70's early 80's, and things were just cooked to be cooked, not for flavour. I don't know why but marrow was easy to come by for my ma so it was on our plates every night. Special occasions we had ratatouille, which I also have never been able to stomach since. And yeah, courgette and marrow both have that mushy, watery flesh when over cooked
I was quite lucky growing up food wise, my dad was a chef and my mum would always cook veggies so they weren't mush...just al dente. Other half grew up as one of six brothers and sisters and his mum used to boil everything to within an inch of its life. It was only really when he and I got together I coaxed him into the fact they taste nice if you know how to cook them.

I really can't imagine marrow being that tasty in some dishes, I do like courgettes though, nice in stews if they still have a bit of bite to them still.

I was quite lucky growing up food wise, my dad was a chef and my mum would always cook veggies so they weren't mush...just al dente. Other half grew up as one of six brothers and sisters and his mum used to boil everything to within an inch of its life. It was only really when he and I got together I coaxed him into the fact they taste nice if you know how to cook them.

I really can't imagine marrow being that tasty in some dishes, I do like courgettes though, nice in stews if they still have a bit of bite to them still.
My ma could cook well enough, she just didn't have time. Single parent, two jobs, plus two kids, you know the tune

I prefer courgettes raw in salad if I were to eat them, I like a lot of raw veg, carrots are really filling, I have them for my breakfast around 11am each day. Raw broccoli is good to, I always eat the stalks as well

Last edited:
My ma could cook well enough, she just didn't have time. Single parent, two jobs, plus two kids, you know the tune

I prefer courgettes raw in salad if I were to eat them, I like a lot of raw veg, carrots are really filling, I have them for my breakfast around 11am each day. Raw broccoli is good to, I always eat the stalls as well
Yeah I like them grated raw as well in a slaw. You have the goodness health wise as well then. Not done it in a while (years) but a courgette, roasted pepper and wholegrain mustard soup is really tasty. Cant remember where I got the recipe from. That's when it's okay for it to be mushy.

I eat a few handfuls of leafy green spring mix everyday
It helps me poop

Erratic.

I eat less vegetable now that I'm not in the office, eating in the cafeteria twice a day.
They served up good, healthy stuff.
:(
Yeah I wasn't here for it but an entire gigantic building at my work is now out of use. Like a dozen different restaurants, and all free. Feel bad for the people who ran them and are now out of work but I know I would have been eating Indian food every lunch so not a great idea.

1 spinach leaf per every 10 pizzas. we must vegetable moderately.

A lot. My girlfriend is vegan so most of my meals are vegan/vegetarian. Currently eating a salad for lunch consisting of romaine, onion, cucumber, chickpeas, feta, sundried tomato hummus, sunflower seeds and tahini sauce. Is good.

I want to know Sherbros and Sherhoes...how many veggies you knocking down? I eat veggies with every meal and make sure to have at least one leafy salad a day.

How many veggies do you eat per day?????????

<{luvbruh}>

Far from enough so I get veggie supplements from the health store Popeye's. Mix it with water daily. You need at least 5 servings a day of greens.

Erratic.

I eat less vegetable now that I'm not in the office, eating in the cafeteria twice a day.
They served up good, healthy stuff.
:(

Can you bring your own lunch?

A lot. My girlfriend is vegan so most of my meals are vegan/vegetarian. Currently eating a salad for lunch consisting of romaine, onion, cucumber, chickpeas, feta, sundried tomato hummus, sunflower seeds and tahini sauce. Is good.

I'd go vegan if I could have cheese still. Vegan cheese just isn't any good IMHO. I cook mostly vegetarian though. Tonight's dinner was black bean penne with yellow pepper/white onion infused spicy marinara. Wife wants to go full vegan but I like tacos too much.

Far from enough so I get veggie supplements from the health store Popeye's. Mix it with water daily. You need at least 5 servings a day of greens.

I need the veggies for the fiber and I honestly crave them now.

Back