What's your TAP rhythm?

I'm also a 1-2 tapper.

UNLESS>>>> they have a leg lock of any sort, then I bellow "TAAAAAP!!!" one time.

Good point. My leglock strategy is BELLOWING "DEEU!" so I can prove my father wrong for another day, since he says I have to enjoy life while I "can still walk".

I either call a time-out or say 'pause', move, then 'un-pause'.

What is this "tapping" you speak of?

Is it that annoying mat slapping my grappling partners do all the time?

Nono, it's that thing I was doing to your mom's behind when you walked in on us last night ;)

Nono, it's that thing I was doing to your mom's behind when you walked in on us last night ;)

leave my mom out of this and I will leave "this" 8=====================D

Out of your mom.

leave my mom out of this and I will leave "this" 8=====================D

Out of your mom.

are you browsing on a 42 inch widescreen flat-TV

otherwise that is less then impressive

Very firm 1-2-3 usually accompanied by a verbal "tap".

A few times I blurted out "chill!" instead of "tap" and got a good teasing for that.

Very firm 1-2-3 usually accompanied by a verbal "tap".

A few times I blurted out "chill!" instead of "tap" and got a good teasing for that.

lol....why don't you scream 'stop it, why are you doing this to me' ....instead..

I just tap until they release...

BUT ANYWAY

I tapped a dude for the first time today with a triangle from my guard. WOOOO:icon_twis

I usually give 'em one of these looks:

charlie_sheen_30002.jpg

They apologize right after.

I think the ole' 1-2 is pretty standard........unless your in pain!

If Im in pain and afraid of injury I will tap hard and fast, kick my legs, yell, fart or do whatever I have to do get the girl to stop.

That's why I take karate. No fart taps

I do BJJ, but for some reason, some people go "matte!" at my school, especially the older guys. It's easier to say when it's too late to gently tap around or verbally tapping by saying "deu", but it also saves some face, compared to just screaming in pain.

I've got a bad habit of saying "yeah" with the resigned tone of voice like "yeah, okay you got me". Sometimes it's just not urgent enough as the situation requires...

Back