Whats your philosophy for life? How do you get by?

I have a few: My first philosophy is something I learned oddly enough from the loading screen when you die in Call of Duty

LIVE WELL, IT IS THE GREATEST REVENGE

In life you will meet unfair people who will treat you like shit, try to pull a fast one on you. You can let it eat you up and destroy you, waste your time trying to get vengeance, or just live the happiest, best life you can. And ooh, there are some people that nothing burns them up more than seeing you happy, so it's a double win!

Other than that, do what makes you happy because life is short. Work hard and fulfill your potential, but my second rule is

Never wrong someone who's done nothing to deserve it

There are too many assholes out there to hurt someone who isn't an asshole. The world is negative, and a horrible place, but why contribute to it? If someone's kind let them remain that way, don't create another bitter asshole.

Lastly

Worry only about things in your control

This may be the hardest one, but it'll simplify your life if you can do it. You can either control something or you can't, either way worrying is a waste of time. Stuck in traffic that isn't moving? Why stress yourself out? Put on a Joe Rogan podcast and chill like you're having a conversation with your buddies.

1*GTGQesoGkuLYwly9ZOoekA.jpeg

Focus on your current job

Do what you say you are going to do

Be a team player

Always be learning

Think Big.

Worry only about things in your control

This may be the hardest one, but it'll simplify your life if you can do it. You can either control something or you can't, either way worrying is a waste of time. Stuck in traffic that isn't moving? Why stress yourself out? Put on a Joe Rogan podcast and chill like you're having a conversation with your buddies.

1*GTGQesoGkuLYwly9ZOoekA.jpeg

Amen to that.

Take care of yourself first, and if you have time left for anyone else, use it wisely.

There's not a single person alive I'd trade half a finger for. If you gave me a choice between having to watch every single one of my childhood friends die, or lose my ability to taste for a year, I'd choose the former in a heartbeat.

What a clown. I feel bad for you son

Take care of yourself first, and if you have time left for anyone else, use it wisely.

There's not a single person alive I'd trade half a finger for. If you gave me a choice between having to watch every single one of my childhood friends die, or lose my ability to taste for a year, I'd choose the former in a heartbeat.

You mean "latter", right? Not "former".

Honesty, integrity, self-reliance, respect and personal responsibility are what I was raised on. Kind of rebelled against the family and community part because I'm a misanthrope though.

I get by by not doing things I don't want in order to obtain outcomes I also don't want. Which seems backward but beats the alternative in my experience.

Basically my philosophy is "Shovel your own shit."

Once every five days I go out with my buddies, drink lots of booze and eat good food. Then the next two days are spent re-cooperating, then one solid day of work, then one day of anticipation knowing the next day I get to go out with my buddies, drink lots of booze and eat good food.

I read the following mantra in a book about running which I really liked and have applied to life in general:

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional."

Translated as: your going to go thru some rough times but it's up to you how you react to it. You can piss and whinge about it or deal with it and move on.

Have fun while you can, joke while you can, and never take yourself or this world too seriously.

Life philosophy: be authentic

A mix of buddhism and stoicism with a sprinkle of guilt-ridden hedonism on top.

I have a Wife, Job, House, Dog, and a band. I'm always doing shit lol

Be nice to those you love. Don’t get hang up over petty things. Try to see other people’s point of view.

And don’t get a necktat.

Back