Whats your philosophy for life? How do you get by?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Panmisiek, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Panmisiek Banned Banned

A big broad question but let me specify:

Is there some set of rules you follow to live your life to the best you can? Do you believe in education, job, career, wife, home and children? Or perhaps mugging and stealing is your way to go? 'you help me I help you' or 'you help me and go screw yourself'. Political views, religious (in general).

I am interesting comments on that. I think it might be interesting subject for discussion.

Personally, I try to live my life without relying on others. If I know I will have to use someone help, I will try my best to do necessary preparations so I wont have to ask. I believe working is a way to live. I mind my business and I hate when people invading my privacy. In terms of politics I believe in money mainly. If by voting on Mr 'A' allows me to have more money in my pocket and less tax paid, that guy will have my vote. Religiously I am not religious person, but I believe that there is something out there and its nothing what we could see here on earth today in terms different religions, crosses, churches, mosques ect..

Thats all I can tell about myself. I might add something else later, but yeah, how bout you guys?

2. The Blob Banned Banned

Take care of yourself first, and if you have time left for anyone else, use it wisely.

There's not a single person alive I'd trade half a finger for. If you gave me a choice between having to watch every single one of my childhood friends die, or lose my ability to taste for a year, I'd choose the former in a heartbeat.

3. Vergilius Brown Belt

I can remember quite distinctly deciding as a teen that I would be a "glass half full" type of person. I decided to be that way after coming through a period of feeling pretty low and lost.

It was a pivotal moment for me. I still have periods of darkness, but the rest of the time, I try to enjoy what I'm doing, to help those around me with what they need, and to throw myself into life as much as I can stand.

In a way it was a choice to adopt my mother's view of the world instead of my father's.

4. Goon Dog Furio Belt

See my sig

5. Dilan Cummingsworth Banned Banned

My life philosophy/guide line is simple: stay away from salty people

It works for me at least :)

6. Winter-John Brown Belt

7. Rjay Green Belt

You sound like a psychopath.

8. Cash Bill 52 Brown Belt

Every day I try to make the world a better place. I do this by singing, dancing, and telling stories.
    I walk around my school as a friendly kindergarten teacher. My super hero outfit (including cape) is cleverly disguised.

9. Bubzeh Silver Belt

Keep fit and healthy.
    Manners cost NOTHING.
    Don't let anybody except your parents or partner tell you what to do.
    Never start something you know you can't finish.
    Don't be a pussy. Be prepared to fight and defend if needs be (don't be a runner).
    Never have too much of something good.
    Love animals.

10. Cheese Banned Banned

Happy Wife=Happy Life

11. BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

The world meets nobody halfway.

12. Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

Have a hobby/passion and make time for it most days
    Live within your means
    Always have long term goals
    Exercise almost daily
    Find a career where you don't hate going to work everyday
    Keep your house/yard clean. A messy house is bad for your mindset. (This is tough with kids)

13. koolinkunming Gold Belt

I imagine the worst possible thing that can happen in any situation. If that doesn’t happen, then I’m good.

14. RockstarChris Dwight Belt Banned

I have lived with all walks of life and been poor, rich, etc. Money doesnt buy happiness, Just be kind to one another because buying an ice cream cone for a kid on a hot summer day is worth a million dollars.

Unless the kid is hypo allergic to dairy foods and is against global warming because ........

But yea. Smiles.

15. JoeyJoeJoeJr Black Belt

I dont really care about following the "normal" way of life. I try to improve my education constantly just because I enjoy learning about certain things. I dont care about starting a family in this world, because I dont think this world is worth it.

I dont steal, I just do what I can to get by.

I am not religious at all. I do believe the universe was created due to the way it operates. The math and science of the universe tell me theres no way this just happened by accident. The universe appears to have been designed, at least from my perspective.

I have a theory about the universe. I dont really believe it but Ive always thought of it as an interesting possibility.

Consider the virtual worlds we create today. We can look around, see objects in decent detail, talk to one another, etc.

We as a species are barely over 100 years in to any meaningful technology. Consider the leap from 1918 to 2018, and see the technological progress. 100 years is a tiny blip on a cosmic scale.

Imagine 10,000-1,000,000 years of technological progress. One day I believe we will be able to create massive digital universes that we can plug ourselves in to. We will be able to use all of our senses and the digital world will indistinguishable from reality. You would have no idea it is a virtual world unless you were shown.

I believe at some point we will have the ability to control time in such a way that we can live out entire lives in these digital worlds within months, days, hours or minutes.

Every intelligent being will inevitably want to extend their lives. I believe we may extend our lives through biological breakthroughs but the true pinnacle of life extension will lie within our ability to manipulate time itself.

Once we are able to manipulate time we can plug ourselves in to these universe's and continually live life after life after life, it would be a invaluable learning mechanisn.

Its possible this has already happened, and the universe we live in is a recreation of the real universe, or perhaps a universe we created, or it was created by a more advanced civilization.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  16. Medulla Omoplata Mayberry Comptroller

No emotions, no opinions. Be like a plastic bag in the wind.

17. SmilinDesperado Gold Belt

You don't know everything.
    There's always new things to learn, and room to grow.
    Never stop learning and trying to understand the world.

If you're going to do something then do it completely. Don't half ass anything.

18. Steven_Universe Banned Banned

You don’t have children.

19. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Be polite.
    Be honest.
    Stay healthy.
    Take care of your family and surroundings.
    Omerta.

20. The Blob Banned Banned

And thank the lord for that