What's your opinion of the UFC 228 card?

4 wmma fights. Thats way too much.

Also, Espinoza vs Tittiana Saurez wtf is that doing on the maincard?

Awful card.

Main card is laughable.
Save your money TS.

Fights I am interested in:

Tyron Woodley vs Darren Till
Yair Rodríguez vs Zabit Magomedsharipov
Jim Miller vs Alex White (only because I have met Jim Miller and he is a awesome guy!! really cool person).

Apart from those 3 fights I don't care about anything else, just doesn't excite me enough.

War Woodley, I hope he smashes Till

Agreed on Jim Miller, one of the coolest guys in MMA and tough as nails to boot.

Agreed on Jim Miller, one of the coolest guys in MMA and tough as nails to boot.
Yeah Miller is so cool, I met him at UFC Fan Expo and he was the nicest fighter by far, he actually asks you lots of questions. Ya know how you always have to ask the fighter something, But Miller will actually have a proper conversation with you. Very nice guy. He gave a good impression.

I always want him to win now, I know he might not be the best fighter ever, but I always hope he wins now.

I'm disappointed in the lineup. I have nothing against WMMA but 3 on a PPV card tells you somebody isn't even trying. OMG if the main event falls off

Go to the card and enjoy the experience. I've gone to many. Some of which were great and some were far from great. It doesn't necessarily have to diminish your enjoyment. Hang out interact with fans, maybe meet a fighter or two and if lucky the fights will be better than expected.

I have no plans that night and I'm still not going to watch it.
I'd rather just drink a beer on my deck with my dog and look at trees.

I'd rather watch Ngannou Black Beast 5 times than that card.

Yair vs. Zabit is great, I'm not the biggest fan of WMMA but interested to see all three of these & it will be fun to see Woodley derail the Till hypetrain.

Idiots like you need to go back and rewatch your PRIDE tapes and stop preventing the sport from progressing.... Let me guess... you bitch about "casuals" all the time? Well checking the results the next morning officially makes you a casual. And casuals like you should shut the fuck up and not bother people on this site.

You ok? You were really projecting here haha

I'll be attending this event as I live in the Dallas area. I've been seeing lots of people locally on social media absolutely ripping this card. Saying it's trash, etc. I'm assuming it's just casuals but I wanted to get Sherdog's thoughts on this. I don't think this is a bad card at all, am I crazy here?

Main Card
WW - (C) Tyron Woodley 18-3-1 v (2)Darren Till 17-0
FLW - (C) Nicco Montano 4-2 v (1)Valentina Shevchenko 15-3
SW - (2)Jéssica Andrade 18-6 v (4)Karolina Kowalkiewicz 12-2
SW - (6)Carla Esparza 13-5 v (9)Tatiana Suarez 6-0
FW - (14)Yair Rodríguez 10-2 v (15)Zabit Magomedsharipov 15-1

Prelims
BW - (8)Aljamain Sterling 15-3 v (10)Cody Stamann 17-1
MW - Charles Byrd 9-4 v Darren Stewart 8-3
WW - Abdul Razak Alhassan 9-1 v Niko Price 12-1
BW - (5)Jimmie Rivera 21-2 v (7)John Dodson 20-9

Fight Pass Prelims
WW - Diego Sanchez 27-12 v Craig White 14-8
LW - Jim Miller 28-12 v Alex White 12-4
FLW - Ryan Benoit 10-5 v Roberto Sanchez 8-1
WW - Geoff Neal 9-2 v Frank Camacho 21-6
BW - (12)Irene Aldana 8-4 v (13)Lucie Pudilová 8-2
Sherdog is filled with casuals, but imo.. the card is a very decent card. May not pull in big ratings, but to an actual MMA fan, it should be a fun one.

I’ll watch the next morning, not staying up late for 2 good fights on the main card sandwiched between d-level filler fights FFS....

First modern era PPV to do under 100K
<{you!}>
What the phuch is WME thinking...?

There's an UFC 228? all I see in the UFC's instagram is UFC 229.

Invested in:
Main event
Karolina/Andrade
Yair/Zabit
Miller/White
Price/Abdul

Mild interest:
Dodson/Rivera
Nicco/Shevchenko
Aljo/Stamann

Everything else is pretty trash

I think it's a great card and will weed out the misogynist douchebags.

All 3 WMMA fights on the main card are very good or great matchups.

People dismissing them, and therefore the card, are idiots.

All 3 WMMA fights on the main card are very good or great matchups.

People dismissing them, and therefore the card, are idiots.
Bullshit.... the Suarez fight is a fight pass prelim at best. To pretend like it has any business on a ppv is laughable. The mismatch title has to be on ppv for some reason. Embarrassing card

Bullshit.... the Suarez fight is a fight pass prelim at best. To pretend like it has any business on a ppv is laughable. The mismatch title has to be on ppv for some reason. Embarrassing card
Suarez is the future of the division. Esparza is a former champ. But because they are women it has no business on a PPV? GTFOH.

I'm going to watch Zabit/Yair, skip Suarez/Esparza, watch Andrade/Kowalkiewicz, then skip the rest.

Back