What's your next purchase? v4

Err

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Finally caved and bought an AR-15. A 10.5 inch Norinco for 580 bucks. I know its cheap and its communist but I plan on slowly buying new parts and upgrading it.

Hogue EX-04 4" modified Wharncliffe
167301.jpg

Picked it up on sale for $160 shipped.

Can't make up my mind.

Last edited:
Looking at the newer ruger super Blackhawks that is a 5 round cylinder and take 454 and 45lc.

Some kind of 5.56 upper for the lower I bought last year.I hadn't planned on it being this long until I got it but I lost my job last year and money has been tight and I'm finally getting back to normal.

I love the Super Blackhawks, great guns. I've got one in 44 mag with the 10 1/2 barrel.

No clue. Might hold off for a bit and just stack some ammo and maybe a couple of holsters. I've been looking at a Remington Versamax but they sure are pricey.

I got my first AR two weeks ago. DPMS Oracle in .223. Took it to the range the same day and ran 100 rounds through it. Badass! I love it. Need to buy a red dot and quad rail then I'm set. I have an XDs in .45 coming in the next two weeks as well.

Probably gonna get a Gen 4 Glock 19. I need another pistol and one my wife can use more comfortably then my SIG.

Also need to get some optics for my AR. May take advantage of Leupold's Law Enforcement direct pricing.

Don't go cheap on the red dot. If you can't afford it, save up and buy something good like an aimpoint or eotech.

Just got bought this today for 800$. Next I want to buy a little 10/22 ruger for cheap and put a Hoag stock on it.

26582-DEFAULT-L.jpg

Glock 42 this weekend. Gf's really pushing for it so I'm buying one. And hopefully paying off my Arsenal and taking it home. I will def post pics when I get them.

I need a good safe recommendation, not something too huge. Maybe in the 15-20 gun range.

Scored both these guys at a gun show for $750 out the door. I guess I was in a WWII mood! Citadel 1911 .45 ACP and a Mosin Nagant 91/30, stamped 1933 with a hex receiver.

(Pictures aren't mine, I'll post the actual pics on the "Show your stuff" thread later)
photo10.jpg

mosin-nagant-91-30.jpg

I've got a Fork Knox safe, made is the US. Don't go cheap and get one of the crappy ones made in China.

Just waiting for FFL to finish "receiving" in my new DPMS GII Recon in .308

I need a good safe recommendation, not something too huge. Maybe in the 15-20 gun range.
PioneerGunSafe

PioneerGunSafe

I've heard really good things about these.

CLASS B RESIDENTIAL SECURITY SAFE
HEAVY DUTY 1/8 INCH STEEL PLATE BODY
1/4 INCH SOLID STEEL PLATE DOOR
1300 deg FIRE RATING FOR 60 MIN
9 EXTRA LARGE CHROME BOLTS (1 1/2") ON THE SIDES AND TOP
ALL ACTIVE BOLTS
UL LISTED COMBINATION LOCKS
HIDDEN INTERNAL HINGES FOR ADDED BEAUTY & PROTECTION
PLUSH FABRIC INTERIOR TO PROTECT YOUR VALUABLES
GUARANTEED AGAINST FIRE AND THEFT
HEAT-ACTIVATED DOOR SEAL
RICH DURABLE TEXTURED COLORS
LOCKING MECHANISM PROTECTED BY A SLIP CLUTCH
2 RELOCKERS 1 INTERNAL & 1 EXTERNAL

Being that its already reaching the mid 80's here in north Phoenix at the beginning of March, my next purchase will probably be a Shield or XDS for carry. This summer is probably going to be a long one judging by the weather, and I want something smaller to carry. Also been considering the Ruger LCRX. One of the three is next on my list.

Don't go cheap on the red dot. If you can't afford it, save up and buy something good like an aimpoint or eotech.

He already went "cheap" on the rifle when he got a DPMS....why not top it off with an appropriately cheap optic?

Probably gonna get a Gen 4 Glock 19. I need another pistol and one my wife can use more comfortably then my SIG.

Also need to get some optics for my AR. May take advantage of Leupold's Law Enforcement direct pricing.

What are you thinking of putting on it?

I'm probably gonna go with the Primary Arms Micro Dot. I've read all about every other optic and for my first rifle I want to start with something good but not $400-500 right off the bat. I'm not even sure what I am gonna modify yet as I've only shot an AR exactly one time in my life so far. I'm patient

He already went "cheap" on the rifle when he got a DPMS....why not top it off with an appropriately cheap optic?

DPMS is not a cheap rifle. Low priced yes, but overblown with faux bad reviews. I'm just getting into guns, so I'm not pretending I'm some kind of hard use tacticool guy. I will be using this rifle for strictly plinking and the Oracle more than fills my personal needs. I figure a $200 optic on a $500 rifle is appropriate for my first AR. I will be buying another rifle as soon as the money allows, as well as building an AR10 down the road. I am learning more about all firearms daily as I read online like a maniac. All in due time. Nice to know the elitists dwell on sherdogs weapons forum as well. Back to ar15.com I go!

I've got a full stock Zastava M98 in 9.3x62mm coming in the mail in the near future. Also got some dies, bullets and brass on the way. Soon...

What do you mean by "faux" bad reviews? I've seen a few DPMS rifles go down during classes. Do they even properly stake these? They didn't use to back a few years ago.

im not an elitist, I just like high end stuff. There's nothing wrong with starting with a cheap ar to see if you even like them, I know lots of guys who got into the ar game then just didn't like shooting them that much.

I'll stick with my Daniel defense and BCM as well as my LMT MWS.

Not sure yet. I like the Mark AR and the HAMMR with the reflex on top is pretty nice too.

I've been pretty happy with the Aimpoint pro (other than the factory mount) I got mine for like 375 bucks.

Sorry not really sure where else to put this but thought it was funny. My friend put this ridiculous muzzle brake on his AR and this was the result shooting next to him. He gave me one of them but I don't really know if it's necessary to have on an AR15.

Sorry for the vertical video.

im not an elitist, I just like high end stuff.

And were condescending about his choice of rifle not being high end.

What do you think elitist means exactly?

Big day for ol' boy here.

The Colt 6920 MP-B. Basically the same as usual except the change-out flotsam is already exchanged for various Magpul accessories (furnitre, sights, etc). I guess the MP is for Magpul and the B is for black. Black is the best. $999 isn't so bad either.

Colt_zps740ffc55.jpg

And then there's the two stripped lowers. One Spike's Tactical and one Black Rain Ordnance. We'll see how these builds progress.

StippedLowers_zpsea8df4dd.jpg

I hear the Bushnell TRS-25 is reasonably reliable and a good value for the price.

I really like the Vortex red dot, too. The sparc II maybe?

I have a 5x prismatic optic on my AR.

nice grab Crowded I own the non-magpul 6920.

Does anyone know if this Kershaw Demascus Skyline is a good price at 53.95?

kershaw-1760dam-skyline-damasuc.jpg

Fine, got me. I'm elitist when it comes to buying guns and knives...

Lol sue me. Haha

nice grab Crowded I own the non-magpul 6920.

Thanks. I gotta say it seems lighter than the stock Stag and no more heavy than the STG-556. Something about it just feels right. That could all change after putting some rounds down range. To me it looks pretty sweet and that goes a long way in my book (thanks Magpul!!). :icon_chee

ARvs_zps8f7e3c90.jpg

Haha thanks man.

I hear the Bushnell TRS-25 is reasonably reliable and a good value for the price.

I really like the Vortex red dot, too. The sparc II maybe?

I have a 5x prismatic optic on my AR.

I'm deciding between the Bushnell and the Primary Arms, good call there.

Fine, got me. I'm elitist when it comes to buying guns and knives...

Lol sue me. Haha

At least you admitted it. I'm not bothered by it, I've become used to the many different online presences in the firearms niche. I don't have as much disposable income as others, so I have to take my time and really do my research when buying guns. First gun was a Beretta 92, which wasn't cheap. XDs coming next week wasn't cheap either. I'm doing the best I can brother

Haha thanks man.

I'm deciding between the Bushnell and the Primary Arms, good call there.

At least you admitted it. I'm not bothered by it, I've become used to the many different online presences in the firearms niche. I don't have as much disposable income as others, so I have to take my time and really do my research when buying guns. First gun was a Beretta 92, which wasn't cheap. XDs coming next week wasn't cheap either. I'm doing the best I can brother

A tip for the future is to build your own AR when you have a slightly larger budget. You can build a very good quality AR for much cheaper than you can buy and you have many options. If you were going lower budget build the only thing I would suggest spending the extra cash on is a good barrel, trigger and a good bolt carrier group(bcg really doesn't cost too much more). Also you can be patient and not spend as much all at once. Also building it is a lot of fun imo.

Quick break down example. You can find mil spec lowers and uppers for under $100. Lpk is idk like $60. MOE stock 40, cmc trigger 3.5lb 160 for example( I like Geissele triggers but they are quite expensive) match barrels in the 300 ish range, decent bcg 140, decent muzzle device for 40-80, milspec charging handle, etc. You can build a very accurate(.75 moa or better, that is if that is you want something that capable, some don't as they won't be using a scope and in that case you could spend a little less on the barrel), great shooting reliable rifle for $1000. The trigger imo is easily the best improvement to any rifle.

My Savage Mark II FV-SR arrived, probably going to be my last firearm for a while. I really want to start working on my car this year.

A tip for the future is to build your own AR when you have a slightly larger budget. You can build a very good quality AR for much cheaper than you can buy and you have many options. If you were going lower budget build the only thing I would suggest spending the extra cash on is a good barrel, trigger and a good bolt carrier group(bcg really doesn't cost too much more). Also you can be patient and not spend as much all at once. Also building it is a lot of fun imo.

Quick break down example. You can find mil spec lowers and uppers for under $100. Lpk is idk like $60. MOE stock 40, cmc trigger 3.5lb 160 for example( I like Geissele triggers but they are quite expensive) match barrels in the 300 ish range, decent bcg 140, decent muzzle device for 40-80, milspec charging handle, etc. You can build a very accurate(.75 moa or better, that is if that is you want something that capable, some don't as they won't be using a scope and in that case you could spend a little less on the barrel), great shooting reliable rifle for $1000. The trigger imo is easily the best improvement to any rifle.

Thanks man. I've read alot about trigger jobs and quite honestly I don't even have an accurate and complete opinion on the trigger on my current AR. I'm going to take my time learning the platform and also what I feel like I would like or need to change. I am planning to build my next AR15 with my own hands, but for my first one I wanted to buy already assembled. I'm all alone here too as I don't hang out with many people and none of my friends have much more than a passing interest in guns. I've been bitten by the gun bug this year and spend hours daily reading about any and every thing. Even on my first trips to the range with both my first handgun, and more recently the AR I went by myself.

I put in a low profile gas block on my 6920. I prefer flip up rear and front sights on ARs

Thanks man. I've read alot about trigger jobs and quite honestly I don't even have an accurate and complete opinion on the trigger on my current AR. I'm going to take my time learning the platform and also what I feel like I would like or need to change. I am planning to build my next AR15 with my own hands, but for my first one I wanted to buy already assembled. I'm all alone here too as I don't hang out with many people and none of my friends have much more than a passing interest in guns. I've been bitten by the gun bug this year and spend hours daily reading about any and every thing. Even on my first trips to the range with both my first handgun, and more recently the AR I went by myself.

I would say almost all stock milspec triggers are pretty awful. Gritty, sloppy, heavy, etc. Most people don't realize how bad they are until trying a nice trigger. Yeah learning can take a while but Youtube is your friend. It isn't too difficult to learn this stuff. For example a trigger swap is ridiculously easy, especially with a drop in trigger like cmc. There are Youtube videos of this being done in like 3 minutes.

Unfortunate that you don't have buddies that are into it. Definitely makes it more fun as well.

Back