What's your movie theater popcorn game?

giphy.gif

I’m gonna give you a pass on this one, because it’s not polite to disagree with Steve Buscemi on 9/11.

LOVE movie popcorn. I Have them fill the bucket in thirds, stopping each time to add butter. Large cherry Icee to drink. We munch until the commercials start, get the bucket topped off and race back before the trailers start. Finally, we get a refill on the way out. The all-you-can-eat bucket costs a few bucks more but it’s worth it!

This is my method as well, except I only get it filled half way instead of thirds - I admire your discipline here.

Back when we went to see Force Awakens I saw one of my buddies put a straw in the tub and the other end over the butter nozzle and then he just went to town. I was astonished.

Popcorn really is an abomination in movie theatres.

People freak out if someone whispers to another. People freak out if someone looks at a text. But Popcorn is BY FAR the biggest distraction you will hear in a theatre. Most people have just grown used to it but that does not change the fact that it is a significant outside noise.

#banpopcorn
#flogpopcorneaters

Last edited:
This is my method as well, except I only get it filled half way instead of thirds - I admire your discipline here.

Back when we went to see Force Awakens I saw one of my buddies put a straw in the tub and the other end over the butter nozzle and then he just went to town. I was astonished.

I bring a little dish and fill it with butter then I dip each piece of popcorn into the butter to ensure maximum butter. I want that fucking popcorn all soggy and dripping, I want people questioning whether I'm eating popcorn and butter or butter and popcorn, I want that shit to effect my self-esteem for days. It's a life-changing experience.

Popcorn really is an abomination in movie theatres.

People freak out if someone whispers to another. People freak out if someone looks at a test. But Popcorn is BY FAR the biggest distraction you will hear in a theatre. Most people have just grown used to it but that does not change the fact that it is a significant outside noise.

#banpopcorn
#flogpopcorneaters

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F7fa65e562265c68a1da230cd897eb43b.1000x563x1.jpg

Hmmmmm. The straw method. I must investigate this further ...

I bring a little dish and fill it with butter then I dip each piece of popcorn into the butter to ensure maximum butter. I want that fucking popcorn all soggy and dripping, I want people questioning whether I'm eating popcorn and butter or butter and popcorn, I want that shit to effect my self-esteem for days. It's a life-changing experience.
You, sir, are my new hero. Popcorn dunked in butter. In the name of the father, the ...

Back row of the theater, lightly salted, hole cut in the bottom of the popcorn bucket.

@Clippy I found my movie theatre butter story.

So what you do, is sneak an empty 1L pop bottle in your pants, and then order the largest popcorn they have. Take the popcorn to the bathroom and empty out most of it into your pockets and put the pop bottle in the popcorn bag and then cover it with popcorn so just the opening is showing at the top. Then you go to the butter machine and act like you're just buttering up your popcorn but really you're filling up your pop bottle full of delicious movie butter to take home for later. Everything was going according to plan but it turns out that when I went to the bathroom to get my pop bottle I forgot to put my pants back on.

Back