Whats Your Most Nerdy Thing About You?

My mom taught me to knit about five years ago because my sister never had the patience to figure it out. I took one for the team since the lackluster results w/ my sis seemed to cast a void in my mom's parental instinct to teach her young. I actually knit myself three hats and one for my wife (then fiance) and they're pretty damn cool -- stripes and the whole bit. Haven't picked up the ol' needles since, though.

Drew_C said:
Beat this: Once during a pick up game of basketball at a park, after scoring off a 3 on 2 breakaway I yell out '2 IN THE BOX!' then my other two friends follow up with 'READY TO GO' and 'WE BE FAST' and then in unison 'THEY BE SLOW!' And if you can tell me what movie thats from you're a god amongst men. Also I skipped school and football practice in HS to see Episode II: Attack of the CLones and got kicked off the team for it. And I regret not going to star wars celebrations last year.

Duh, Ghostbusters!!

I made a thread of Microman Action figures doing BJJ....LOL

ShadowNINku said:
I made a thread of Microman Action figures doing BJJ....LOL

Yea but all of us thought it was freakin sweet so that definitally makes us bigger nerds than you :D

i like collecting mma stuff that is hard to find.i probably get more excited for zst and small shooto shows than i do for pride shows (except bushido).i also have a bitchin haircut.

KzFactoryRumina said:
i like collecting mma stuff that is hard to find.i probably get more excited for zst and small shooto shows than i do for pride shows (except bushido).i also have a bitchin haircut.

I hear you, I'm a big fan of the Japanese org's, especially SHOOTO. Btw, have you ever seen Uno's instructional ?

Well it may not be nerdy but I am a Goth. I wear all black and make up at times too.

I own all of the Star Wars Movies, Lord of the Rings and every Comic to Movie.

I have an Incredible Hulk on my desk as the protector of my computer at home and I have a small one at work for my laptop.

I dress up like a cowboy and shoot guns on the weekends.

I dress up like a Native American from the 1800

Gothic_Coop said:
Well it may not be nerdy but I am a Goth. I wear all black and make up at times too.

I own all of the Star Wars Movies, Lord of the Rings and every Comic to Movie.

I have an Incredible Hulk on my desk as the protector of my computer at home and I have a small one at work for my laptop.

I dress up like a cowboy and shoot guns on the weekends.

I dress up like a Native American from the 1800

Gothic_Coop said:
I still play Role-Playing games like D&D

You had me at "D&D".

Gothic, you ever check out www.jinx.com? I think you'd enjoy the products they have to offer. I know I've bought my fair share of wearables from them.

"I hear you, I'm a big fan of the Japanese org's, especially SHOOTO. Btw, have you ever seen Uno's instructional ? "

yeah i have it.it's alright.it's more like a demonstration than an instructional.you get to see uno roll alot.

fat_wilhelm said:
My mom taught me to knit about five years ago because my sister never had the patience to figure it out. I took one for the team since the lackluster results w/ my sis seemed to cast a void in my mom's parental instinct to teach her young. I actually knit myself three hats and one for my wife (then fiance) and they're pretty damn cool -- stripes and the whole bit. Haven't picked up the ol' needles since, though.

FYI, a lot of old military guys are very adept at knitting as they used it as a way to pass the time while on guard duty while it served a practical purpose as they could fashion their own clothing while posted at bases. There's a few war vets in a pub nearby that still knit as a group once a week as it keeps their arthritis from setting in too much.

Superbeast said:
FYI, a lot of old military guys are very adept at knitting as they used it as a way to pass the time while on guard duty while it served a practical purpose as they could fashion their own clothing while posted at bases. There's a few war vets in a pub nearby that still knit as a group once a week as it keeps their arthritis from setting in too much.

Thanks, Superbeast. You've succeeded in raising my self esteem!

I listen to Romanian Techno

I practice archery in my dad's back yard

I once took a picture of myself wearing a kilt, a whit pimp hat, and a suit jacket while holding a camo Mag light and an empty guitar case

I think Army of Darkness is one of the greatest movies ever made

I once played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic for like 20 hours straight

I find dusty old tomes about complicated theological issues fun and entertaining

I read about 20 fantasy novels last year

etc.

I keep SW reef tanks and an obsessive-compulsive reefkeeper. For those who don't know, I'm referring to keeping live corals/reef fish and such. Fuckin nerdy but very cool conversational peice for those that can handle it.

Back