Whats your go to move while Turtled up?

Does anyone use the wrestling sitout to switch, and then take the opponents back? It looks easy when I watch vids of wrestling matches, but I can't seem to hit it. I think I'm lacking the explosiveness needed.

The switch is a good technique to do, when you have control of your opponent. If you perform the technique lazily or expose yourself too much, your opponent does have a opportunity to take your back, choke you out, or counter to a dominant top position. It's a good technique to do, especially in wrestling, but in BJJ... it's more risky.

When I am turtled up, the first thing I worry about is defending myself. If you expose yourself too much, you can get choked out or countered (especially against bigger and stronger people). You must work every detail, in order to succeed. I like to roll back into guard from turtle, sweep my opponent, roll into kneebars, or find an opening to get back to my feet. I don't think about doing one thing or another, because every opponent is different. You have to flow with the go, and do whatever is available/or works against a certain opponent. For every action is a re-action, and then there's an action to that. Not one technique will work... you must think about all techniques and no techniques.

Depends on how the guy is set up, I have several 'go to' moves....I've been working turtle a lot lately. One of my favorites is the technique shown on Josh Russell's Turtle DVD, where you forward roll in between the person's legs, while controlling their shins to take the back. Usually works pretty well for me. However, my standard is usually just to roll back to guard.

Go-to move is a takedown. By any means necessary. Get a leg or get some hand/elbow control, work an angle, explode, finish. I'm not a flip/granby to guard kind of guy from turtle.

I usually go to the turtle when I feel that my guard is getting passed. I will go to my knees and work from the turtle. The moves that I most employ are either re-pull to guard or one of the turtle guard sweeps that Eduardo Telles employes on DVDS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back