What's your favourite of Shogun's?

KrausersRevenge

Blue Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been think abut this got it down to three,

UFC 113 rematch with Machida for the LHW, I personally felt he won the fist fight so this result was very sweet.

UFC 97 - a lot of people were saying Shogun was done at this point following the Forrest loss and the Coleman fight. Bonus this fight also gave us one of sherdog's greatest epic fails from a user by the name of Ninja>Shogun who posted a long in depth breakdown predicting a Liddell victory, only to go nuclear when every prediction was proved wrong. If someone could hunt this down I would like to read it again for a laugh.

PRIDE 33 - Shogun drops the hammer of Thor on Overeem in a brutal ground and pound KO, seeing Overeem get starched never gets old.

Last edited:
The Jones fight is my personal favorite..

I think the Machida one is my favourite, but a close second is his KO against James Te Huna in Australia when he was coming off 2 losses. Everyone was counting him out and he was even a slight underdog, but instead KO'd Te Huna in devastating fashion.

shogun.ko_.tehuna.gif

I think the Machida one is my favourite, but a close second is his KO against James Te Huna in Australia when he was coming off 2 losses. Everyone was counting him out and he was even a slight underdog, but instead KO'd Te Huna in devastating fashion.

shogun.ko_.tehuna.gif

Yes it was the best he has been for some time.

Tough question there's so many good ones. Probably Shogun vs Hendo 1 because it might have been the greatest fight ever or Shogun vs Rampage when he was in his absolute prime.

shogun-rampage-o.gif

uj1493y.gif

tumblr_mlwkkg9M4Q1qhndw9o1_400.gif

shogun.ko_.tehuna.gif
I was there and Te Huna literally didn't move for about 5 minutes

It's kind of a tie for me. Either when big daddy Sonnen smashed him in the first round, or when OSP put the lights out on him. Not trolling at all, those just happen to be my #1 picks. The first fight with diet nog is a close second for me though.

Knockouts

3. Arona
2. Rampage
1. Machida II

Fights

3. Rampage
2. Lyoto Machida I/II
1. Dan Henderson I

I love the Rogerio I fight too but for some reason I enjoy seeing Shogun absolutely destroy Rampage.

InsignificantGlisteningDuck.gif

Jk, on a serious note, him getting revenge on Lyoto was epic.

Last edited:
It's kind of a tie for me. Either when big daddy Sonnen smashed him in the first round, or when OSP put the lights out on him. Not trolling at all, those just happen to be my #1 picks. The first fight with diet nog is a close second for me though.

You're not fooling anyone here.

There are so many great victories for Shogun. I'm am so disappointed his career has been hindered from injuries.

I have to say, Shogun-Machida II is my absolute favorite. One, I think he won the first fight. Two, I was live to see it. That is my number one favorite moment in MMA history. Three, there was a thread showing a break down of how Shogun baited Machida in to throwing his patented left straight for the right hook counter. That really showed how great that KO was. The guy who made the thread used multiple videos (even an above shot, which was not aired as far as I can remember) and broke everything down.

Would be nice to see that thread again.

You're not fooling anyone here.

On the real, son. I'm a Shogun fan for sure. You can't take away the thing's he's done in Pride, or MMA in general. I just like what I like. If I was trolling I would've for sure brought up the Hendong losses, Jones, Forrest, or even the first Coleman lose. Can't knock the things he's done in and outside of the cage. Will go down as one of the top 20 MMA fighters ever to compete. I'd suck the dudes dick if he asked, son.

Fuck, lots of good ones, but I might have to go with Machida 2. After the robbery, he got such sweet redemption by not only being the first one to beat Machida (officially), but KOing him and winning the belt.

Back