Whats your favorite VHS cover art of all time?

From my youth, in the video store...

215px-Bad_taste_poster.jpg

519A%2BalTQgL._SY445_.jpg
Ooh I haven't seen Quiet Earth in years, nice choice

VHS was very cool because of the packaging and box art was something special. You just don't get this with movies today, and fuck these Blu Ray and DVD re-released that change the artwork to something really lame.

What is your absolute favorite VHS cover art ever? Mine is a weird one I guess:

81l5vcg7bvL._SL1275_.jpg

Damn dawg, came here to post this

513OytqYucL._SY445_.jpg

The only thing that came to my mind. You guys are old as shit.

81NwRQGSIxL._SL1175_.jpg

sword_and_the_sorcerer_ver2.jpg

976475.jpg

guess what kind of films i liked when young?

Can anyone help me with the name of one I remember fondly from my childhood. It was one of those early huge oversized VHS cases and had an abominable snowman on the cover snarling/growling. Movie was prolly from the mid 70s - early 80s. The movie itself was not great.

Can anyone help me with the name of one I remember fondly from my childhood. It was one of those early huge oversized VHS cases and had an abominable snowman on the cover snarling/growling. Movie was prolly from the mid 70s - early 80s. The movie itself was not great.
th

Made a small montage of some covers i have .. some really great artwork to show
vhs covers.jpg

Maybe not my favorite, but I remember this one because it was one of those covers that desperately made me want to see it every time we walked through the VHS shop when I was a kid, but due to the rating, I could never pick it:

tumblr_p7vzerKjVT1wozku0o1_400.jpg

For the same reason I could never pick this one, either:

13430_troll-vestron1.jpg
I’ve had a Finnish rental tape of Troll on display on my VHS shelf for almost ten years now. Cool cover!

upload_2019-4-10_11-26-56.jpeg

Also, Krull was really scary when I was a kid.

81NwRQGSIxL._SL1175_.jpg

sword_and_the_sorcerer_ver2.jpg

976475.jpg

guess what kind of films i liked when young?

Sword and sorcery films on the 80's were pretty much built on their artwork. I'v always ment to get around to watching Hawk, mainly for Jack Palance as the badguy.

Sword and sorcery films on the 80's were pretty much built on their artwork. I'v always ment to get around to watching Hawk, mainly for Jack Palance as the badguy.
giphy.gif

its jack palance, you have to!

My god I love this fucking thread. Some great ones in here that I've never seen before. Krull is one of my favorite movies of all time, criminally underrated.

As for Jaws, I LOVE the VHS cover for part 3, couldn't find a good pic, it has the skiers in the water with Jaws coming up behind them.

Always loved the Nightmare on Elm Street covers. I love Friday 13th series more but I'll admit Nightmare had the better cover art. I guess if I had to pick a favorite Friday cover you can't beat part 4, also I have a strange affinity for part 5's cover, it's just so weird with a mask that looks nothing at all like the one Jason wore. Jason Goes To Hell cover is also dope as fuck, Jason Takes Manhattan too.

Can't go wrong with the wrasslin tapes either, so much nostalgia for those, it's a shame the prices for those tapes have skyrocketed so high or I'd collect a few. There was really nothing like moving to a new town back in the day as a kid and going to the video store for the first time to see that they have a fucking multi-shelf wrestling section full of shit I'd always wanted to see. Some of my favorite covers:

749edcf7754579766a51fc8a8a736db3.jpg

The dual sided Summerslam 1991 tape cover:

SummerSlam91.jpg

And:

latest

Motherfucking ZEUS!

obviously theres loads of different covers, how about this one?
snowbeast.jpg

Haha thanks for your research but still think this was the movie just not the case that I remember. You could tell the one I remember was the original VHS cover.

Back