Whats your favorite VHS cover art of all time?

xozkYUAZ1ON1wZnbG5B2yE7OGNQ.jpg

always been my favourite.

Makes movies sooo much more appealing. Im sure i rented a lot more films simply based on the cover art.

The 80's was definitely the peak of it for me, I think helped by the fact a lot of movie posters were smaller in those days so they needed to be striking and indeed downsized well. By the mid 90's movie posters started to become massive and blander at the same time, really not well suited for small VHS cases.

I remember independent retental places having much more atmosphere to them were as working at blockbuster in the late 90's was a pretty bland experience with row after row of ID4 VHS's.

Last edited:
Seriously too many to mention, but these two I posted recently, always left an impact on me
MV5BNWZlZjhmOGEtZWEyMS00YmEzLWI1YjYtMDMxNzYzYjQ0YzhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,686,500_AL_.jpg

slaughter.house_.rock_.vhs_.s.a1.jpg

The UK version of Return of the Living Dead
5df597c90003e7335e0962efc02795d2.jpg

Ginger Snaps has some neat cover art in various countries
pic_cover_vhs_br.jpg

Of course, it’s The Dark Crystal that has the most terrifying cover art, even up against horror movies lol.
P6.jpg

I’d really like to add some Alice Cooper VHS tapes to my collection
s-l300.jpg

There’s a lot of nice covers out there for The Evil Dead.
582e141c620165a7780007941a097f80.jpg

26554_Evil%2520Dead%2520uk.jpg

5435296616_8c30869f6b_b.jpg

Creepshow 2.jpg
Great thread, love so many old vhs covers/posters. Horror movies always had the best ones.
Creepshow 2 really wasn't too great, love the cover though.

The 80's was definitely the peak of it for me, I think helped by the fact a lot of movie posters were smaller in those days so they needed to be striking and indeed downsized well. By the mid 90's movie posters started to become massive and blander at the same time, really not well suited for small VHS cases.

I remember independent retental places having much more atmosphere to them were as working at blockbuster in the late 90's was a pretty bland experience with row after row of ID4 VHS's.
I much agree. I wasn't really around (alive) for a lot of the vhs mania but we had a family friend who gifted us, aka me, his entire vhs collection. Over like 100 titles and damn there was some epic covers.

43850_2_large.jpg

Maybe not my favorite, but I remember this one because it was one of those covers that desperately made me want to see it every time we walked through the VHS shop when I was a kid, but due to the rating, I could never pick it:

tumblr_p7vzerKjVT1wozku0o1_400.jpg

For the same reason I could never pick this one, either:

13430_troll-vestron1.jpg

I wish video rental stores would come back.

I rented the VHS Lives documentary on Amazon instant video last week, just an impulsive deal that I didn't even think about, it ended up costing me like $5 after all the fees and I didn't even realize you only had like 24 hour access to the video so I didn't even get to finish watching it(got busy and no longer had access to it when I went to finish it a couple nights later). Streaming is about the most bunk overrated horseshit there is, this garbage killed video stores? What a joke.

Back