Whats your favorite sub from the guard?

triangle, if it slips then i move to armbar. if that slips im screwed... hahaha

Used to be Ude Garami thx to long arms and flexible hips. Fast and easy, u can also turn them this way. Realised that l have to work more on my hand/arm chokes a bit more for now. Nothing is fancier than a sneaky choke from front or side. U just got caught m8 hehe.

ClubberLange said:
used to be an armbar freak from there. Fucked my neck up from getting stacked too much, so I try to avoid em now, unless they're given to me.
Lately I've been doing this thing from closed guard, where you overhook an arm and trap it by grabbing their own lapel. You can armbar if they lean back, choke if they lean forward, and work your other leg onto their bicep into a trianel. Then from the triangle, mve to the usuals: armbar, omoplata.
The trickiest bit i find is getting the position and holding it. Once I get the grips I fucking love this shit.
Also love omoplatas, but just to sweep with, rarely actually submit people from here. Triangles from spider guard rock. Fuck, there's heaps I'd comnsider my fave.

you motherfucker, stealing my top secret guard game and relaying it to everyone on sherdog, ill kill you, you shitstain!!!!! :D you have actually 2 armbars from the standard overhook/lapen grip position, as well as the omoplata from there before you go for the triangle. this is my favorite guard attack

Omoplata, but I use it more for sweep setups than actually finishing someone with it. If the competition allows toeholds, I'll use a omoplata/toehold combo at any chance I can get.

John O'Brien said:
Omoplata, but I use it more for sweep setups than actually finishing someone with it. If the competition allows toeholds, I'll use a omoplata/toehold combo at any chance I can get.

I hear you. I'm also working on another Frank Mir popularized sub. That funky arm crank he pulled off on Williams. I didn't know what I was looking at when I first saw it, but now that I've seen it again...that thing is no joke, that was a tight, technical submission.

Theres so many subs from the guard to choose from i love them all and i primairly where i fight from but my favourite is probarly triangle cos its so simple and if you dont bother pulling the head forward you can sit and watch them run out of air/time! :icon_evil

open guard---knee and ankle attacks

closed guard--- regular armbar

wildcard_seven said:
I hear you. I'm also working on another Frank Mir popularized sub. That funky arm crank he pulled off on Williams. I didn't know what I was looking at when I first saw it, but now that I've seen it again...that thing is no joke, that was a tight, technical submission.

Yes, thats one of the craziest looking subs I've ever seen. Hows that working for ya?

There really should be a delete post option.
Damn double posting...

Still armbar

Back