Whats your favorite sub from the guard?

used to be an armbar freak from there. Fucked my neck up from getting stacked too much, so I try to avoid em now, unless they're given to me.
Lately I've been doing this thing from closed guard, where you overhook an arm and trap it by grabbing their own lapel. You can armbar if they lean back, choke if they lean forward, and work your other leg onto their bicep into a trianel. Then from the triangle, mve to the usuals: armbar, omoplata.
The trickiest bit i find is getting the position and holding it. Once I get the grips I fucking love this shit.
Also love omoplatas, but just to sweep with, rarely actually submit people from here. Triangles from spider guard rock. Fuck, there's heaps I'd comnsider my fave.

I like omoplatas but armbars and bicep slicers are what I usually get these days.

Triangle, triangles, and more triangles.

I really like arm bars & try work for them however I less than often do, but it leaves my opponent open for a just as fun sub, the triangle.

I like the Gi-Choke. Though it's usually becomes a decoy then I try to do a Kimura.

I love kimuras and omoplatas! They are the shizz-nite!

triangles or arm bars....gullotine every now n then if given...

omoplata from rubber guard to triangle or armbar.

I'm not great at my guard subs (working on it though) but I probably get omoplata from rubber guard more than anything else.

I'll keep plugging away at those armbars though - traingles however I just don't seem to be able to get (except reverse traingles if somone puts their arm between my leg from side control which I seem to have a lot less trouble with)

open guard, lapel chokes and armbar's

closed guard armar, armbar, armbar, armar, armbar, armbar, armar, armbar, armbar, armar, armbar, armbar...

Back