What's Your Favorite Muscle Milk Flavor?

King Kabuki said:
I disagree. Adding protein and good fat to junk food like Ice Cream and Chocolate just makes it more fortified with calories. For people who aren't training properly or eating properly altogether, or doing this on a day-in-day-out basis then all it spells is further obesity.

This is how you get fat using protein. Having it with your nachos and shit. Nothing irks my nerves more then silly crap like this. Just like some people will take a perfectly good healthy sandwich and ruin it by putting cheese and a shitload of mayo on it, same idea.

Kabuki's right. By adding the ice cream, too, you've added bad fat that will compete with the MCT's in Muscle Milk for absorption, thereby inhibiting/negating its effect, and perhaps reversing those effetcts as well (the ability of the body to burn MCT as pure energy, and increase metabolism for up to 6 hours after consumption), and depositing it as fat just like any other.

Seriously, adding ice cream and sugar to a carefully constructed powder like Muscle Milk is a horrible idea.

I think people are overestimating how much ice cream to put in. I use less than half a scoop also note i said 'sometimes'. You make it sound like im taking 3 parts ice cream 1 part milk everyday. But i do see your point and will heed it well.

Damn! Such complex flavors! Im used to either chocolate or vanilla, might give this stuff a try.

I think people are overestimating how much ice cream to put in. I use less than half a scoop also note i said 'sometimes'. You make it sound like im taking 3 parts ice cream 1 part milk everyday. But i do see your point and will heed it well.

Ice Cream + Chocolate chips, on a consistent enough basis won't matter how much you use. Hell I even recommend people don't use whole milk with their protein powders to avoid raising the sodium, sugar, and fat content, let alone Ice Cream.

If you are going to eat ice cream do it on occasion at a strategic time of day (like right after your workout), there's just no need to put it in your protein.

Madmick said:
It's overwhelmingly the best-loved supplement powder for its taste. Please answer both parts:

1) What is your favorite flavor?
2) Please include ALL the flavors you have tried.

What is better for you Muscle milk or Protein shakes??? Also could buy these at GNC

Muscle Milk is a protein shake.

King Kabuki said:
Ice Cream + Chocolate chips, on a consistent enough basis won't matter how much you use. Hell I even recommend people don't use whole milk with their protein powders to avoid raising the sodium, sugar, and fat content, let alone Ice Cream.

If you are going to eat ice cream do it on occasion at a strategic time of day (like right after your workout), there's just no need to put it in your protein.

Same here, I use skim milk with my nighttime protein. I just use water for my pre and post-workout formulas because I don't like them to compete with milk's casein.

To the guy who asked about protein powders, yeah, like Kabuki said, Muscle Milk is a protein powder. Specifically, it's best to take directly before (or after) physical activity because the MCT's are quickly absorbed.

If you're asking if I prefer Muscle Milk to conventional protein powders, well, in theory, I prefer the conventional protein powders, but I customize my own (the ones in the stores don't have the proper 1:1 ratio of protein:carbs for pre or post-workout, or if they do, they're ridiculously overpriced, and carry the less refined Whey Protein Concentrate instead of the more quickly absorbed Isolates).

But I just ordered my first Muscle Milk, and am going to give it a try. Cookies n' Creme, baby. Hell yeah.

STILL LIFE said:
I use to use it then it stopped working for me but I liked Strawberry mixed with milk. was bomb.

In what sense did it stop working for you?

Woob said:
i have tried Strawberry, chocolate, chocolkate mint and fruit punch.

Under ALL circumstances, avoid the fruit punch. I thoguht it would be just like drinking orange juice. i was wrong. very wrong. Chocolate mint was the nicest. i sometimes put a small bit of vanilla ice cream in it and maybe the odd few chocolate chips to add. then it tasted top notch

I wasn't aware Fruit Punch was a flavor? Yo, did someone sling you some phony bootleg Muscle Milk, LOL?!

When i take muscle milk at night i think i get fatter. Not sure about that though. So i usually don't like to take Muscle milk at night

oh yeah, my favorite flavor is chocolate.

Ive tried some sort of carmel one, banana and peanut butter one

Casein is more ideal for taking before you go to bed, but because of the slow-release clumping in your stomach that may be while you feel more full. It's normal though.

I have tried the banana, the peanutbutter and choclate, and the choclate. All three were good and im hard pressed to chose...

However i can say it is the best tasting protein shake out there.

vanilla, chocolate, mocha, cookies n creme, i could live off of the stuff

TTT.

Chad and Kabuki, you've had the most, I challenge you to order the flavors from favorite to least favorite. Remind yourself while you do it, list-making is fun.

My fav. is the Strawberry cream, I am almost sure I saw a fruit punch which is a new flavor. Cost is about a buck more per drink

Chad and Kabuki, you've had the most, I challenge you to order the flavors from favorite to least favorite. Remind yourself while you do it, list-making is fun.

Hmm, let me see. From least to favorite?

Peanut Butter (blegh, I disagree with DRINKING peanut butter in any form)
Vanilla (little too plain for my taste)
Cookies and Cream (very good but I rarely feel like paying for it)
Strawberry (missing something )
Orange Cream (just enough Orange to be good)
Pina Colada (not overdone on the Pina)
Banana Cream (love Bananas)
Chocolate Milk (the only chocolate protein I can stand)
Chocolate Mint Chip (love the Ice Cream, so this is a winner)
Strawberry Banana Smoothie (a-ha! THIS is what the Strawberry is missing.)

I think you guys are jumping on Woob quite a bit for adding a scoop of ice cream. I have seen on a bunch of powerlifting sites protein shake recipes that have ice cream and other "bad" things in them. I mean, comon, most of us here are not elite athletes and will not miss the gold medal because of a few bad meals. I think its better to add a bit of ice cream to a shake than not do it and get pizza once a week or order the fried chicken at a restaurant's.

On many a Friday I will have my protein shake, only to hit the bars for 4 hours afterwords and I find it hard to believe that I am the only one. Most people on really strict diets and really crazy routines love to post about them the week or month they are on them. For most it doesn't last. Don't rip on others for having a mediocre diet, or even a pretty good diet because you are on a crazy one at the time.

To make things clear, the "you" in the second paragraph that I am refering to isn't KK or Madmick, that is just more of a global thing I have seen in these forums.

What ticks me off is not that people cheat Rj, it's that they don't know HOW to cheat. And that they cheat but they want elite results and performance, and cannot accept that to get that, you have to put in the work, which includes not ruining the nutritional value of your supplements because you're relatively weak-willed. I don't mean that to sound as harsh as it does, but if it walks like a duck...

Back