What's Your Favorite Michael Bay Film?

Kick Strickland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok Michael Bay gets a ton of shit for the Transformers. And it's well-deserved shit, those things were a giant ball of fuck. BUT, the man has made some terrific films and it seems like people have forgotten that. Out of his GOOD movies, which one is your favorite?

The Rock

The_Rock_(movie).jpg

Just a fucking awesome movie.

"You know how THIS shit works?!"

Armageddon

large_coINnuCzcw5FMHBty8hcudMOBnO.jpg

Another just plain awesome movie. And the science of it isn't as absurd as it sounded when it first came out. I think we DID land on an asteroid irl, right? Thanks Mr. Bay!

Pearl Harbor

pearl-harbor-poster.jpg

^ I just rewatched this recently after not seeing it since it first came out. It's underrated. Really good movie, but that gets overshadowed because it was such an obvious Titanic ripoff. But if you haven't seen it in awhile, check it out again. It's pretty epic.

He also did the Bay Boys movies, which were good but nothing great. Best parts of them were when the kid shows up to take out Martin Lawrences daughter, and him and Fresh Prince start fuckin with him. That and the ecstasy scene with their boss...."You ever just feeeeeel yo couch? Supple leather...." :icon_lol:

Anyway, what's your favorite GOOD Bay movie and why?

without a doubt Transformers: Age of Extinction

jk the rock or bad boys 2

Armageddon and it aint even close
Saw that shit 10 times in the theaters
Affleck is a boss!

Dark of the Moon. Some of the best blockbuster ridiculous action sequences in film.

The one with all the explosions where you can't tell what's happening.

Dark of the Moon. Some of the best blockbuster ridiculous action sequences in film.

I gotta admit, that wind suit seen where that squadron of dudes zips around like flying squirrels, that was pretty damn awesome. Not even joking. I liked how Bay turned the music off and went silent for that scene. All you hear is the wind. That was probably the best scene out of any of those transformer movies.

The Rock, easily.
It's actually an awesome movie, the rest are just awesomely bad/awful.

the rock by a good margin

the island was also solid and i enjoyed his remakes of the chainsaw movies with jessica biel and his remake of friday the 13th.

rest of his movies sucked that i saw.

Hey if u guys don't like Armageddon or The Rock then ur just not American. Probably Canadian or somethin :cool:

i didn't mind armageddon when it originally came out, i think i saw it at the theater iirc. but it has been a while hasn't it? watched it again recently with the old lady, and it was just god awful. maybe i was half baked the first time i saw it...*shrugs*

never had the desire to see the rock. isn't nicholas cage in that one? heard it was a steaming pile of shit...

i didn't mind armageddon when it originally came out, i think i saw it at the theater iirc. but it has been a while hasn't it? watched it again recently with the old lady, and it was just god awful. maybe i was half baked the first time i saw it...*shrugs*

never had the desire to see the rock. isn't nicholas cage in that one? heard it was a steaming pile of shit...

What?! Come on Chaos, Armageddon was great! Billy Bob Thornton telling NASA scientists to shut the fuck up, Bruce Willis waxing philosophical about drilling holes in the ground, Ben Affleck turning into Matt Damon, Aerosmith ....shit was awesome!

Last edited:
Unless you have relatives who were in the US navy: Awful.

lol I'm watching Pearl Harbor right now. It's on Starz. It's pretty good, man. Way better than I remembered. It's got some cringe-worthy emotional sap, but it's got some badass scenes too. The Alec Baldwin as Doolittle training his Raiders to take off from a carrier...that was great.

edit: Jon Voight as president what's-his-name standing up from his wheel chair saying "do NOT tell ME what can't be done!" that was awesome too. Bay has his moments.

Back