What's your favorite GTA of the PS2 era? GTA 3, Vice City, or San Andreas

I'm gonna get the set on PS4 soon. All 3 for $35 i think. The only one i beat all the way through was Vice City, gonna have to change that.

I'm gonna get the set on PS4 soon. All 3 for $35 i think. The only one i beat all the way through was Vice City, gonna have to change that.

Shoulda grabbed them a few weeks ago when they were on sale for PS4, I grabbed all 3 for like 17$.

Vice City is by far my favorite GTA. It's the one I owned as a middle school kid and had a blast playing for hours, that fucking soundtrack is top notch and so memorable, I can load up that game anyday and just drive around the city listening to the tunes. Pretty good story too.

I also played quite a bit of GTA3 before that, but Vice City is the one that stuck with me. For whatever reason I never got around to playing San Andreas when it came out, I think it was because our PS2 broke at my house when that game came out and we didn't have a way of playing it, didn't get a replacement PS2 till afterward, then I had moved on.

I tried playing SA a few years ago on PC, but my PC ended up dying on me and I lost my save so I never got to finish it. Bought all 3 games on PS4 a few weeks ago and am going through SA. I don't expect it to surpass Vice City due to the nostalgia factor, but who knows if I had played it when it came out if I would have liked it more than VC.

San Andreas AINEC. You get Los Santos, Las Ventura's and San Fierro. The most interesting story and protagonist in CJ. Lots of cool vehicles like the Jet Pack all the new aircraft and modding. You got all the countryside to explore and not just stupid cordoned off areas with water and bridges.

The soundtrack was sick too and you could beef up CJ or make him a fatass.

Loved the soundtrack on Vice City and the story was fun plus it was my first GTA.

San Andreas gets my vote though because it was just next level amazeballs. Brilliant game.

As a fan of the 80's I loved Vice City but San Andreas was one of the best video games of all time

San Andreas, and it's not even close.

It's bigger than GTA3 and Vice City combined, with far more missions than both of them combined.

My gameplay time the first time I completed San Andreas was 70 hours. The two previous games was 19 and 23.

I would have to say it's really close between all three of them.
GTA 3 felt revolutionary at the time and had a good story, the jump from 2 to 3 is remarkable and probably only matched by the jump between Metal Gear 2 and Solid.
Vice City had far and away the best soundtrack (I still regularly listen to Emotion and Wave) and really amped up the size of the map.
San Andreas was also fantastic and had the most fun side missions and I enjoyed the customisation factor but for me it may have a little too big of a map.
In conclusion Vice City > SA > 3

VC had the best storyline, best music and the coolest vibe to it out of the three IMO. But San Andreas was easily the best game. The jump in quality from III to VC wasn't nearly as large as from VC to SA.

San Andreas for me. If for nothing else, the sheer amount of game play offered. It set the bar for open world games, and still is rarely matched.

The best story was Vice City though. Sure, it was a Scarface ripoff, but who cares? I wish they'd go back to that era for future installments. Dealing drugs and killing folks goes down the smoothest in the 80's.

I'm picking Vice City via aesthetics and soundtrack.:)

Fear not. Rockstar is always having a sale. Wait a month or so. They'll be up again.

So true. Although I'm not sure if it's fair to simply call them deals. Some of them are more in line with being an outright steals. e.g. I picked up the whole GTA series (GTA 3, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, GTA 4, LaD, BGT, and GTA 5) for less than $50 last fall for my PS3. I also picked up RDR and Max Payne 3 for like $7 bucks last fall as well even though I already had RDR on disc. Just stupid value.

San Andreas will ALWAYS be one of the GOATs. Vice City was my first GTA game though so yeah. GTA III probably has the best theme song though.

Back