What's your excuse for not fighting?

laohu69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Since there appear to be so many of you internet tough guys posturing in the other thread trying to belittle people who don't compete in grappling tournaments I thought all of you should provide your excuses for why YOU don't step up & fight?
What are you afraid of?
Losing?
Injury?
Humiliation?
Lack of the skill needed (IOW not well rounded enough to survive real world fighting)?

I find it ludicrous that some of you want to try and act superior to people who don't enter grappling tournaments when you lack the courage to step up to the next level.

So, what are YOUR excuses? :rolleyes:

I am afraid of losing. But I still compete a little. 2-3 tourneys a year. If you don't compete you don't really know how good you are.

EDIT: oh wait, crap FIGHTING? I don't fight because I make my money with my brain.

not particularly a fan of rolling around on the ground or punching someone in the face when i'm out trying to have a good time and also getting arrested is a big deterrent.

I enjoy grappling, which is why I post on the grappling forum.

not particularly a fan of rolling around on the ground or punching someone in the face when i'm out trying to have a good time and also getting arrested is a big deterrent.

Something tells me hes not talking about a street fighter but rather a competition where you dont get arrested for assault when you win the fight

You guys are all just afraid of stepping up to the Professional Knife Fighting League.

My excuse for not fighting is X-Arm is way too high level for me.

You guys are all just afraid of stepping up to the Professional Knife Fighting League.

They actually do have professional knife fighting competitions for practitioners of the Filipino Martial Arts. Obviously not using real knives, but it is reffed, and it's full speed and resistance designed to simulate a real knife fight. One of my instructors has competed in it, and I tried sparring with him once with a rubber knife. I couldn't touch him once, but damned if he didn't carve me up like a roast.

I competed as much as i could so there is no excuse!

Since there appear to be so many of you internet tough guys posturing in the other thread trying to belittle people who don't compete in grappling tournaments I thought all of you should provide your excuses for why YOU don't step up & fight?
What are you afraid of?
Losing?
Injury?
Humiliation?
Lack of the skill needed (IOW not well rounded enough to survive real world fighting)?

I find it ludicrous that some of you want to try and act superior to people who don't enter grappling tournaments when you lack the courage to step up to the next level.

So, what are YOUR excuses? :rolleyes:

so are you talking about street fights or mma?

the reason I don't fight is because I put every minute I have available for training into sport bjj so I can compete successfully in bjj comps but someday down the road this may change.

I like getting hit, but im out for a few more months broke my arm white water rafting.

1. None of the shows around here are sanctioned
2. None of the shows around here carry any sort of insurance
3. I'm too pretty to block punches with my face
4. MMA is completely antithetical to everything the man I learn from stands for, and it'd be an affront for someone at my rank and seniority to shit on everything he's spent his entire life building
5. I don't have anything to prove, I already know I'm a bad ass
6. I don't wear Affliction or Tapout
7. I only have 2 tattoos, and neither of them are tribal, or on my chest/arms
8. I stopped listening to rap metal in middle school
9. I already know I'm packin' (your mom told me so)
10. MMA doesn't pay anywhere near what I'd get as an M.D., and concussions aren't conducive to med school

I sat to the beach for some sun, but now I cant get the sand out of my vagina.

Im afraid I might end up having to fight CharlieZ so I just gave it up. Im to young to die..

EDIT: oh wait, crap FIGHTING? I don't fight because I make my money with my brain.

Bingo! Getting my brain repeatedly stamped with someone's fist will decrease my mental capacity. I need my brain, I make money with it, and I'm still studying to become a CPA. Incurring brain damage from repeated traumatic head injuries certainly won't help me reach my professional goals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back