1. We now have a new forum called Fantasy Matchup Discussion. Access it here

whats your daily routine of jiu jitsu practice like

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by Jiu Jitsu**, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Jiu Jitsu**

Jiu Jitsu** White Belt

I have never trained anywhere else but my own gym, but many tell me that my gym has a different routine than theirs. I train in more of a tradtitional Jiu jitsu school. we can not step on or off the mat without bowing ans we must always bow the sensei when first meeting him and before leaving. Typically we have a half hour warm up but can go on to be for an hour or even longer. The warm up consists of Shrimps, Army crawls, Alligators, frogs, push ups, climbing rope, and even sprints occastionally. we go on to technique for about an hour and a half, then roll for no less than half an hour(some days we just roll for the whole 2 hours of class.) Whats does training consist of?

2. bnosam

bnosam Green Belt

I go to a casual school, so everyone just kind of jokes around, no bowing or anything really.

20-30 minute warm up, running, sprinting, pushups, sit ups, etc

30 minutes of technique/a few situational drills (guard passing/side control escaping etc)

30 minutes of rolllng

3. Jiu Jitsu**

Jiu Jitsu** White Belt

4. lechien

lechien Gold Belt

30 min warm up
    30 min technique of the day
    30 min rolling

we bow when entering and leaving mats but just shake hands with instructor.

5. smittaayymma

smittaayymma Green Belt

i go to a very traditional school also same with bowing and being respectful. just got home actually so fresh in my mind.

15 minute warmup-
    running while breaking for pushups/situps
    shrimp crawls and then sweeps across the mat a few times with a partner
    learn two techniques monday then drill them the whole time
    -wed. pick up with drills and resistance with the techniques
    -friday drills and rolling

6. TAPxORxSNAP

TAPxORxSNAP White Belt

my schools about the same bow at the start and end of class to the teacher bow be4 going on or off the mats. our warm ups are either a circut training regiment or the usual front roll backroll run sit ups push ups scrimps butt scoots. we train our tech for a good part of class and always get a good amount of roll time in to

7. HulmeHardy**

HulmeHardy** Green Belt

The School i go to is taught by a dude called Steve Campbell who is a BB from Carlos Gracie Jr and we do maybe a quick 5 -10 min warmup (of which are the general foundations for escapes n shit-tho i only go here on 1 day as its more GI focused) but because theres usually a beginnners class which i used to do so i could roll for the next hour it can depend - but the proper classes now look like

5-10 mins Warmup
    Around an Hour plus doin Technique then half hour rolling.

Tho at the MMA gym its a lil longer warmup - first 20 mins Bottom sweeps - top trys to pass , then some technique and then rolling.

8. spinningbakfist

spinningbakfist Orange Belt

30 min warm up, my gym was basically just MMA, there was a jui jitsu class after our class but i trained muay thai for an hour then grappling for the last half hour. We never used a gi

9. Jagcorps_esq

Jagcorps_esq Red Belt

We have different days dedicated to different goals.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are technique days which are dominated by technique. 15 minute warm up, drilling of specific techniques for 15 minutes, new techniques for 15 minutes to 30 minutes (on 15 minute technique days, we'll do some situational sparring using those techniques).

Tuesday and Thursday are sparring days which are dominated by sparring, anywhere from 8 to 10 matches and even time after for other matches. Situational sparring, many different partners and different weight groups.

Saturdays are a both of the two, one after the other.

10. bjornvil

bjornvil Blue Belt

My gym is very laid back. No bowing, no bullshit, just respect and comraderie.

We usually do light warmups and stretches by ourselves before class and maybe 5 minutes into the class. Then we usually do light rolling to warm up for 10-15 minutes. Then 30-45 minutes of technique which is usually a position we work on and a submission or sweep from that position. Rest of class we roll.

I usually stay after class and roll if someone wants to roll more. I'm a machine when it comes to rolling. I don't want to stop! :)