What's your all-time favorite fight?

StopDucking

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Historical significance aside, what fight do you think has the best replay value?

People often pick Hagler vs Hearns because it was back and forth but I think Mike McCallum vs Julian Jackson was even better. There's no SWW I would bet money on vs a prime McCallum.

Other than the first rd I'll say it, HAGLER-HEARNS IS OVERRATED. SMD SMD SMD IDC IDC IDC.

Ron Lyle George Foreman is probably my answer. Fucking psychos.

There are so many great ones to choose from. My go to is Hagler-Hearns. But if you are unfamilar with this one you need to watch it.

I got Pryor vs Arguello 1. It has the the intensity of Hagler vs Hearns rd 1 for basically 14 rounds and it was fought at such a high skill level. I don't think any fight other than Duran vs Leonard 1 or Pintor vs Gonez compare to this fight in the entire history of boxing.

edit: Ali vs Frazier 1 belongs in those class of fights

Last edited:
There are so many great ones to choose from. My go to is Hagler-Hearns. But if you are unfamilar with this one you need to watch it.

Amazing fight, watched it live. Moore was a Salford legend, and a United lad to boot.

Usual suspects from me, Benn- G Man, Katsidis - Earl, Hagler-Hearns, Barrera-Morales.i
However probably Gomez- Arthur, everthing for me, the build up, the anticipation, the bear-pit atmosphere, the Manc Mexican, massive underdog, proper Rocky shit.

many many, but i'd probably say ali-frazier 1, when you have guys who set the bar that high, it's hard to compare to for anyone.

As a fan of the dark destroyer it would have to be benn vs McClellan, but I rarely watch it because of what happened

Great fight. Not seen it in a while. If Both guys were in their prime though, I’d have to favour macklin
Good to see Jamie Moore doing so well at the moment. Really nice fella, great pundit and turning in to a great trainer as well

My favourite is Hagler Hearns but if I had to pick another it would be Eubank vs Benn because of the level of animosity between them.

Gomez-Pintor, Ali-Frazier III or Hagler-Hearns.

i like big punchers and brutal infighting. moorer/cooper, sellers/thompson, tua/ibeabuchi, williams/sosa, corrales/castillo, castro/jackson

there’s one really good comeback-to-win fight between two smaller guys. one guy is a southern white boy whose dad i believe was in his corner coming back to win a grueling fight. can’t think of his name right now but it sounds amish in my head. always loved that fight.

caveman lee vs. john locicero is great too

I find it really hard to pick favourite fights in MMA , perhaps because MMA isn't fully evolved or there are too many potential skills to be used for anyone less than a true expert to understand what they are seeing.

I have plenty of favourite boxing fights. Too many to list, so I'll just mention a recent one I thought was brilliant. Which was naoya Inoue Vs donaire at WSSB. Both fighters have a very similar agressive linear style that is great to watch. Both are masters of technique. Donaire was expected to be past it but proved to be in perfect shape and gave Inoue what was most likely the toughest fight of his life.
There was such great respect, sportsmanship and appreciation between fighters and audience. Even though donaire lost the audience and Inoue showed great appreciation. Inoue even explained that donaire was an inspiration to him and from him he stole techniques.
The whole thing demonstrated everything that can be good about boxing and sports.

For MMA my favourite fight might be an unusual one. Which is the recent fight between Damien Maya and Ben askren. Because both are masters at grappling and both stayed busy doing their very best to submit each other. Was a great watch.

there’s one really good comeback-to-win fight between two smaller guys. one guy is a southern white boy whose dad i believe was in his corner coming back to win a grueling fight. can’t think of his name right now but it sounds amish in my head. always loved that fight.

caveman lee vs. john locicero is great too

Ebo Elder vs. Courtney Burton? Classic fight, was on Shobox.

Back