What's wrong with SUBMISSIONs 101?

Leon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I am at home after an operation on my knee, I'll bet out for the next 4 months at least.
(for more information http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/i-am-destroyed-1300525/

Now I want to watch some BJJ technique vids on youtube to learn at least a lil bit while being a 50% crippled dude.
Even before the injury I used to watch some vids from the channel Submissions 101. I kinda liked the way they explained the moves and they show each move from various angles, in slowmo, then in normal speed.

Then somehow I read a thread here about Ari Bolden, apparantly he's is the blonde dude who explains most of the moves. Seems like NO ONE in here thinks that he's doing any good...

I know that there are a lot of videos on this submissions 101 channel which show this fancy 10th planet stuff. Is that why people critize this guy or submissions 101?

I am not that much into Eddie Bravo's style of BJJ and I never heard the name Ari Bolden before I read it here. Is there something I should know about Ari Bolden? Did he rip off money of his student or whatever?

I don't want to be the guy who supports a guy who has build up his status telling lies or something.

Someone pls explain.

thx

I am thinking this is a clever troll move. Its been a while since there has been an Ari bashing thread. You have been on these forums for more than a year and you are telling me you havent seen the thousands of threads and posts about him? LOL well i'm sure you will get about 50 pages of people telling you exactly why they hate him! have at it one more time sherdog

He is a grappling fraud.

-His technique is bad
-He has been disrespectful to BJJ blackbelts
-He used to wear a blackbelt (that he has in his self invented form of Japanese Jiu Jitsu), with his BJJ gi
-There are horrible mistakes and missing details in his videos
-There are far better resources for techniques on the web
-He was the head of a gay motorcycle club with the nickname "flash"
-His passes himself off as a grappling expert, making dvd's and doing seminars when he is no where near qualified.
-He find's instructors in a different country, because he doesn't want to train with the AWESOME BJJ black belt that is in the same city as him.
-He deletes any critical comments of his youtube pages and website
-He has created a society of weird whitebelt internet followers who worship him

I am thinking this is a clever troll move. Its been a while since there has been an Ari bashing thread. You have been on these forums for more than a year and you are telling me you havent seen the thousands of threads and posts about him? LOL well i'm sure you will get about 50 pages of people telling you exactly why they hate him! have at it one more time sherdog

I tell you I am not trolling. I read a thread about Bolden last week and this was the first time I heard this name, believe it or not.

He is a grappling fraud.

-His technique is bad
-He has been disrespectful to BJJ blackbelts
-He used to wear a blackbelt (that he has in his self invented form of Japanese Jiu Jitsu), with his BJJ gi
-There are horrible mistakes and missing details in his videos
-There are far better resources for techniques on the web
-He was the head of a gay motorcycle club with the nickname "flash"
-His passes himself off as a grappling expert, making dvd's and doing seminars when he is no where near qualified.
-He find's instructors in a different country, because he doesn't want to train with the AWESOME BJJ black belt that is in the same city as him.
-He deletes any critical comments of his youtube pages and website

Ok, good reasons, but is this motorcycle club story for real?!?!

I've actually haven't heard anything about this guy aside from skimming though BJJ technique vids on youtube. I try to avoid anything to do with 10th Planet I guess that's why.

All these trolls.. it seems like a new idiot believes he found a new way to be funny every third day. The feeling of getting a "Well played sir" must be unreal for you.

The motorcycle club was called "The vroom crew".

If you have a few hours and want to be entertained, check out this epic UG thread started by Eddie Bravo.

MMA Underground Forums

He is a grappling fraud.

I'm not going to stand up for someone I don't know much about.... BUT I know I sometimes refer to his youtube techniques and I never had any hate for the guy.

to be honest I think people over reacted. The only thing that really bothered me is that he was teaching seminars.

Anyway, you will be able to find much, much better people teaching techniques online.

I'm not going to stand up for someone I don't know much about.... BUT I know I sometimes refer to his youtube techniques and I never had any hate for the guy.

You are a white belt (or otherwise unranked) in bjj/grappling; correct?

wow I always thought he was legit. I've been watching his youtube videos for a long time now. But, you know... considering I don't know bjj I've still learned alot more than I would have if I hadn't watched them.

someone post the video of his anaconda instructional where he literally rolls his opponent over his own head. like, rolls the other persons body on TOP of his head.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Looks like Adam's name is getting around. He is a pretty awesome instructor.

someone post the video of his anaconda instructional where he literally rolls his opponent over his own head. like, rolls the other persons body on TOP of his head.

:icon_chee

The best thing about this video is that it's actually a "better" re-do of the first one, which is no longer online.

Since I'm a Brabo choke freak I have to add this. I always wondered why at the beggining he says, "This is a Darce choke, also known as the Grappler's Choke"... ? I also like how he says, "I do it a little bit different." Yep. That's very true.

Last edited:
I've actually haven't heard anything about this guy aside from skimming though BJJ technique vids on youtube. I try to avoid anything to do with 10th Planet I guess that's why.

don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

10th P = cool.

that guy = not cool.

Back