What's wrong with Sherdog FW rankings?

Nate got a title shot,and has never been ko'd be George Roop. See the Zombie is a decent fighter,nothing special though. Going 1-1 with Garcia doesn't impress me.

you are not a good troll you know that right? Oh I only read up to George.

KZ is on a roll, but I can't believe how people are disregarding Hioki's previous track record.

Some are acting as if Ricardo Lamas beat Hioki decisively, but that was simply not the case. Go back and watch that fight, it basically came down to Lamas grabbing onto a few guillotines. It was very close.

I think the bigger issue is how people are overlooking Tatsuya Kawajiri at FW. This guy was one of the toughest 155 lbs. and could seriously give Aldo a run for his money imo.

Here's what I've got...and yes, I am figuring in Edgar, Guida, and Kawajiri's past accomplishments at LW into these rankings.

1. Aldo
2. Edgar
3. Mendes
4. Curran
5. Kawajiri
6. Guida
7. Lamas
8. Hioki
9. KZ
10. Siver

I am still not sold on Lamas and KZ after they both got ktfo a few fights ago. Did anyone see Yuri Alcantara knock Lamas out in the WEC...that's why I think he stands no chance against Aldo.

Sherdog has a much more complex and intricate, and most importantly, educated ranking system. That's why so many people disagree with it; so many people aren't properly educated on the sport and watch next to no MMA that's not UFC or Strikeforce that they don't have a complete viewpoint of the sport to have a truly valid opinion. To them, if a fighter loses to an opponent ranked higher than them in embarrassing fashion, then they deserve to be lowered 5 spots; if a fighter looks good despite having no real respectable wins, then they deserve a top 10 spot to them. Before Barboza lost to Varner, everyone on Sherdog thought he was a top 10 fighter and thought it was bullshit that Sherdog didn't even have him ranked in the top 15. Their opinions are all swayed by things like finishes > everything else (which's why so many people think Swanson should be in the top 10, and why KZ should be in the top 3, and why Rory should've been in the top 5 after he beat Che Mills) and hype trains, or that rankings are about skill and potential to them, not accomplishments, or they include fighters that've announced a move to a weight class but haven't actually fought at it.

The point is that the Sherdog rankings have a lot more credibility to them than you think, and don't bitch about certain fighters not being in the top 10 or 5 just because they looked surprisingly good in their last couple fights and finished their opponents in cool ways (be honest, that's the main reason you think KZ and Swanson should be in the top 5... Poirier's biggest win was Josh Grispi, he's the reason he's ranked, so why shoudl Poirier be ranked in the top 5, and why should KZ be ranked 2nd for beating him? And what did you have Pearson and Oliveira ranked at to make Swanson beating them so worthy of a top 10 spot?).

Back