Whats wrong with people these days!?

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Ogata, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Ogata

Ogata Red Belt

I used to work in fast food and customer service and I as well as co-workers gave an effort to be friendly. Now a days, its none existant.

I have two example:

1. I was at a fast food place and they screwed up my order which is fine but then when they I pointed it out, they got upset humming and hawing meanwhile the dude had a goddamn head phone around his neck while working as cashier. Dude was a young kid but acted/assumed the posture of a beaten down by life 50 year old.

2. I was at the library looking for some books and I asked where the marketing section is and the response "ugh, is it really that hard to find"

WTF!!! How the fuck do these people expect to progress in life?

2. 90 50

90 50 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Millenials.

Want you to do their damn job for them.

Now get off my damn lawn

Phlog, lsa, fonzob1 and 8 others like this.
  3. FightGuyOpenMind

FightGuyOpenMind Purple Belt

A lot of times upper level management is not aware of what is going on. However, everyone is on their best behavior when there is an inspection. Too bad some have to be micromanaged. I would use the appropriate channels, and notify someone who could address the issues.

4. mb23100

mb23100 Gold Belt

Last time I went to a fast food joint (McDonald's)the guy in front of me ordered a sandwich then paid. Then he ordered fries then paid. Then he ordered a drink and the girl was like "Sir, You can order more than one thing at a time". I couldn't imagine dealing with people like that all day.

jojoRed, WandySaku2, lsa and 6 others like this.
  5. 90 50

90 50 Yellow Card Yellow Card

He was probubaly unable to add the totals of what he wanted in his head without a calculator and subtract it from what he had.

So he had to continually order things one at a time and see how much he had left each time for the next piece of the meal.

6. UFC=Pride

UFC=Pride Black Belt

People are lazy it's nothing new

Phr3121 likes this.
  7. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Heart of a Lion

As a get older I find myself caring less about stuff like that. It’s their problem, and I don’t let it get to me.

8. Job Interview

Job Interview Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance

They got the dum dum all up in their noodles

9. mb23100

mb23100 Gold Belt

I didn't even think of that but I guess it makes sense. He was paying cash. You can still check the price before you pay though

10. GSP_37

GSP_37 Steel Belt

I saw this dumb short fat woman wearing fucking necktie as if she's like upper management. The McDonald's has table service if you order by kiosk, you're supposed to grab those # plastic things and put on your seated location for them to bring you your food. This dumb shit fatty didn't bother to notice her order receipt printout had the # and kept calling out the # instead of delivering the food. She eventually dumped the food.

I'll bet the customer eventually went to the counter after being tired of waiting so long for their food and the McDonald's then had to prepare the order again and increase their operating expenses for no good reason because their necktie employee was too stupid and had a shitty attitude. Her fugly face was also not suitable for customer service.

11. SmilinDesperado

SmilinDesperado Silver Belt

I have low expectations for fast food joints, which is why i usually just don't go to them. (In America at least)
    But if i had gotten that attitude in a library i would've filled the place with uppercuts.

12. clutchCAT420

clutchCAT420 Red Belt

Record it and make it viral...

MMA since 1993 and Alphaboy like this.
  13. Nameless Ghoul

Nameless Ghoul Black Belt

It's a tough situation. I work for an insurance and investment company, and from the top down they preach "customer service/face of the company inside and outside of work" yada yada. It sounds cheesy sometimes, but they have a great company culture. Overall though I know that isn't the norm anymore.

That being said the general public is so disconnected and all about themselves and their wants. I couldn't imagine working in a somewhat minimum "the customer is always right" job nowadays. The last 2 times I went to the Wendy's by my house and witnessed two instances that would have never played even 5 years ago.

1.) This guy bought a large coffee "fresh". He then questioned why he had to wait, and how much longer it would be. Once the girl brought it to him, he asked for 2 more cups, and some amount of cream/sugar. He then proceeded to divide them up into 1/3's , right on the main counter, making a mess, and before leaving "joked" "Can you throw this all away for me? Sorry about the mess, have a good afternoon".

2.) A guy and his 40-ish year old "son" made their orders. When it came time for their drinks, they still have the old setup where the cashier has to fill them instead of self serve. The older of the two said "I want diet coke with two splashes of Cherry coke", the son said "Yeah, I want mine just like that too". Well? The girl double clicked the 2nd "splash", and he made her pour it out and "try again, because that's not what I asked for". He then proceeded to lecture her about why it would be so much easier, if they had one of the multiple flavors self service stations...and on and on.

lsa, MMA since 1993 and Zer like this.
  14. Alphaboy

Alphaboy Black Belt

Is it in the ghetto? I encounter the most attitude there.

MMA since 1993 and fonzob1 like this.
  15. Yorkist

Yorkist Red Belt

I was waiting in a Noodlebox for an order and I look back into the prep area. One of the cooks threw food from the walk-in onto the floor and then kicked it across the prep area. I spent 10 years in the bar industry and I've never seen anything like it. You'd be fired on the spot.

Alphaboy likes this.
  16. Fedorgasm

Fedorgasm Silver Belt

I used to hate it when companies would ship American jobs overseas. But now I completely understand. This fucking generation of lazy fucks is basically unemployable.

I feel bad for the few exceptions, because they'll always be lumped in with these entitled bastards

Alphaboy, lsa and MMA since 1993 like this.
  17. OMGstreetfight

OMGstreetfight Fred Loya Insurance shill

Customers stopped being right after 9/11.

Thanks Obama.

18. Skylako

Skylako Brown Belt

In a small town full of people that hate me
    It’s because millennials never fought in wars, or went through the great depression like us, actual men. they are weak betas

lsa and MMA since 1993 like this.
  19. fonzob1

fonzob1 Silver Belt

The youth of today are entitled shitbags. They think honest work is beneath them. You need to bitch about this shit on Yelp instead of Sherdog.

lsa and Yorkist like this.
  20. MMA since 1993

MMA since 1993 ____________

You gotta stay out the ghetto bro.