What's with these new champs passing number one contenders for "money fights"

Ducking a girl she 29-27d and nearly finished a couple months ago lol

I do favor Valentina in a 5 rounder but Pena makes more sense if u wanna use her wanting to fight Honda instead of the rightful next challenger.
She and everybody else knows she loses a 5 rd fight, I guess Pena deserves it for beating a rusty Zingano but Pena is one of the easier fights in the division, especially for Rousey.

Cruz hasnt lost in like 7 years. He didnt lose his title, he was injured. Dont call it a come back, he never left.

Immediate rematches are stupid and RARELY deserved. Think about it in other sports. Are we to rematch superbowls the next week just cause?

Henderson vs bisping makes sense. Dan is a legend and bisping wants to avenge the loss, no issues there.

Cain is a racist turd. If he wasnt mexican with brown pride on his chest he would be ben rothwell.

Conor is a fraud (ive been saying it the whole time) he got lucky and he knows it. Thats why he wont fight 145 again. Doesnt wanna be exposed.

As far as woodley, the guy wants alittle security blanket. Wants a big payday. I get it but wonderboy deserves it

I agree with much of this. Rematches are rarely deserved, but a split dec win over a champion deserves one if ANYTHING does.

Henderson is ranked 13. Bisping is champion. That makes NO SENSE AT ALL. "Revenge matches" are fine--but not when you're a champ and the guy you want revenge against is not in the top 10. It's history. Get over it and defend against guys who deserve it.

Bisping isn't top dog and knows it. He's trying to keep it for as long as possible. He sold the hendo story well enough, hendo is a legend, and everyone likes a Cinderella story (hendo going out on top).

Cruz didn't duck shit. He beat TJ. He had unfinished business with Uriah. It was 1-1 and they were supposed to fight before his knee injury. I agree TJ is cruz's only challenge.

Even if you don't think Cruz ducked TJ for Faber--face it--he's ducking TJ RIGHT NOW as he's refusing to fight him.

Yea, ronda, Conor, nunes, bisping, Tyrone, Eddie a bunch of money grubbers

Doesn't always have to be the number one contender--but Christ. All these guys are aiming for dudes who are not even in the top 10 of their divisions.

They're aiming to please. They make the fights that the fans want to see (=generating more money).

It's funny in a way, cause had it been the other way around (were they making fights strictly by rankings based on statistics), people would be complaining too: "fuck that fight, I wanna see Bisping - Hendo!"

First Bisping and now Woodley.

321451_v2.jpg

You can thank Conor and Chael ( and the UFC for playing their game ) for that circus
Now everybody think they are the matchmaker

They're aiming to please. They make the fights that the fans want to see (=generating more money).

It's funny in a way, cause had it been the other way around (were they making fights strictly by rankings based on statistics), people would be complaining too: "fuck that fight, I wanna see Bisping - Hendo!"

It's not about people complaining. People will ALWAYS complain. It's about equity and legitimacy--things that will help build the sport in the long run.

Even if you don't think Cruz ducked TJ for Faber--face it--he's ducking TJ RIGHT NOW as he's refusing to fight him.
Why because a fight hasn't been booked? That's cruz's fault. You don't know what's happening behind closed doors. You also don't know what is going on with cruz. He may only have a few fights left in him. He wants to test himself and face aldo (a tougher opponent)

His entire division.
He defeated max. Frankie and aldo both deserved a fight equally. Therefore the best solution is have them face off and have the winner face conor. Let's not forget both frankie and aldo turned down the fight when RDA pulled out. They had their chance but chickened out. Once again a fighter going up 2 divisions isn't ducking. That's called testing themselves

In conclusion:

Duck - Bisping, Woodley

Not a duck - conor, cruz, nunes

Because many of these champs are older guys
Bisping and Woodley are both in their mid-thirties
They want to make out with cash
You think the window is small when a 28 year old wins the belt?
Both men could legit be KTFO by father time next year

Let them make some fucking money. They wont be on top for long.

I don't see how anyone can blame these guys for wanting a bigger money fight plus as a bonus the opponent is an easier fight. The UFC is the only one to blame for allowing it but there is no denying that they are right that it's a bigger fight.

Eddie v Conor/Diaz is bigger than
Eddie v Khabib

Woodley v Diaz/GSP is bigger than Woodley v Thompson

Bisping v Hendo 2 is bigger than Bisping v Jacare

I'll even add a couple that aren't even asked for

Joanna v Paige is bigger than Joanna v anyone else.

Aldo/McGregor v Cruz/Pettis is bigger than Aldo/McGregor v Holloway

Maybe they know that they will lose

Probably for the same reason I go to work everyday.

Just a thought, I'd rather see the champs take a fight, even if it isn't against the top ranked guy as long as their fighting, remember Cain Velasquez and his hostage take over of the HW division? It could be worse as in champs not even fighting for long stretches. A money fight thrown in there is okay, especially if the waters are muddled like say MW or BW, but I agree WW has a unanimous number one contender and T-Wood wanting to duck WB is BS, the guy hadn't even held the belt for an hour and was already looking to duck.

Back