Whats with the Frankie fanboys thinking he beats Conor?

Everybody was riding the Frankie hype train pre-Aldo ass whooping saying that he was going to dominate the division and all that bullshit, lol.
Conor may not have Aldo's TDD but he is probably PHYSICALLY the biggest FW come fight night and Frankie is probably one of the smaller FW (he looked tiny against Aldo) and with that being said I think Conor stuffs 90% of the takedowns just due to a raw strength advantage.

Chad Mendes, on two weeks notice, proved that Conor struggles with wrestlers.

Nate Diaz proves that Conor struggles with guys with granite chins.

Frankie Edgar is a wrestler with a granite chin, and on top of that, has lots of experience fighting bigger guys. You do the math.

Last edited:
Conor can't beat Frankie and he knows it, that's the last fight he wants. Would look like the Cub Swanson fight but worse.

Watch it again, Conor out landed Chad in both rounds, and dominated the standup.

Chad also did some of the worst lowlife cheating i've seen in MMA with his blatant gouging of Conor's cut, I still feel he should have received a suspension after the fight for that

Lolwut

Everybody was riding the Frankie hype train pre-Aldo ass whooping saying that he was going to dominate the division and all that bullshit, lol.
Conor may not have Aldo's TDD but he is probably PHYSICALLY the biggest FW come fight night and Frankie is probably one of the smaller FW (he looked tiny against Aldo) and with that being said I think Conor stuffs 90% of the takedowns just due to a raw strength advantage.

Man, you don't know shit about wrestling or fighting.

I'm not saying he would beat Conor at all, i'm just saying that he could take him down and make it interesting. Conor's defensive grappling is just not there yet imo, where as Frankie's on point most of the time.

Dude if Benson, BJ, and Gray weren't too big for Frankie Conor definitely isn't.
BJ was washed up and the maynard fight was like 5 years ago. Aldo bullied frankies little ass around the cage and conor is bigger and stronger

Tons of people are saying that. Pay attention.

Lmao. Takes Chad Mendes on 2 weeks notice, goes up a weight class to fight RDA and then takes Nate Diaz at 170 on 2 weeks notice but yeah, he's for sure scared of Frankie Edgar. Do you ever stop and actually read what you're saying?

Never once did I say scared, just doesn't want to fight him. Frankie is a bad match up for Conor. Even the most deluded irrational dick riders can admit it.

Expand on this please.
I've actually wrestled before so this should be interesting.

You think Conor is going to stop 90% of Frankie's takedowns due to a miniscule size and maybe strength advantage? You're serious?

BJ was washed up and the maynard fight was like 5 years ago. Aldo bullied frankies little ass around the cage and conor is bigger and stronger
Conor has 5 minutes to do his thing or he might as well throw in the towel.

Conor doesn't have Aldo's TDD. Frankie does to Conor what two weeks Mendes did, only he wouldn't gas.

i think the whole chad gassing thing is just an excuse. conor has only been past the 2nd round once or twice in the in the ufc he isnt really known for having great cardio

Well his stamina didn't look like what it normally does. Granted, Conor did land some great punches and kicks to the body which definitely didn't help, but Mendes kept putting all his energy in those foolish elbow strikes and it was clear he wasn't prepared for, and didn't want, the fight to last long. Once he gassed out, he just covered up in front of McGregor, and did his best punching bag impersonation.

You think Conor is going to stop 90% of Frankie's takedowns due to a miniscule size and maybe strength advantage? You're serious?
Minuscule size advantage? Frankie looked TINY next to Aldo and Conor is bigger than Aldo.
Now, considering I've wrestled before I know that size can be taken out of the equation with a proper double leg or a proper single leg but I personally think Conor stuffs most of Frankie's td attempts and lights him up on the feet.

A lot of people are counting out Frankie because of his last loss against Aldo. This was a different Aldo that fought Conor though. Aldo was on point, played it smart/safe in a counter attack plan and showed once again why he has some of the best takedown defense in the game. Frankie still has cardio for days, a good chin and his wrestling should be good enough to give Conor trouble.

Here is frankies "graet offensive wrestling" getting stuffed easy by aldo who physically not as strong as conor. Frankie literally getting ragdolled, im pretty sure conor could use his strength to avoid most takedowns.

Ok this is mentioned alot around here and its laughable. Frankie 100% wouldnt beat conor i would bet money on that and ill tell you why.

1.Hes too small. Plain and simple, conor is a big FW who packs a huge punch at that weight and has a 74 inch reach no FW is going to outstrike him on the feet. Conor would pepper him with straight lefts and would probably be the first to finally knock frankie clean out. Frankie couldnt deal with aldos speed and range ,aldo made him look like he has everlast written on his forehead.How is he going to deal with someone even rangier and more powerful?.

2. The main reason the frankie fans think he beats him is because of his "tremendous wrestling". Yeah thats right, they think hes just going to take conor down and keep him down for 25 minutes lmao. Chad mendes who has much better wrestling credentials and allegedly juiced couldnt keep conor down for more than 2 rounds and eventually had to stand up and get knocked out. Frankie wont do any different. I can see some wrestlers at 155 giving conor alot of trouble but not at FW .

Conor wrecks anyone at FW .
The reason people believe that Frankie beats Conor is because it would likely look just like the Mendes fight, except that Frankie would not gas out and is savvy enough to likely avoid those fight ending blows, so rounds 3, 4, and 5 would all look exactly the same, with Conor getting his ass kicked.

If you can't see this, then you are a blind Conor dick rider, and should seek help.

SIDE NOTE: I do not feel as confident in Frankie vs Conor as i did prior to ufc 200, as Frankie had trouble with Aldo again, and a lot of it seemed to be holding back and inability to commit to the strikes and takedowns, so he was likely mentally affected by their previous fight.

Having seen that, and given that Frankie is no longer on his hot streak, i would say i slightly favor Conor, but still give Frankie a chance IF he came in confident and with the right game plan.

Minuscule size advantage? Frankie looked TINY next to Aldo and Conor is bigger than Aldo.
Now, considering I've wrestled before I know that size can be taken out of the equation with a proper double leg or a proper single leg but I personally think Conor stuffs most of Frankie's td attempts and lights him up on the feet.

How big was Chad Mendes? Conor wouldn't stuff one takedown from Frankie. He would be on his back getting beat up for 25 minutes or until he quit.

Back