Whats with the Frankie fanboys thinking he beats Conor?

Money509

A Level Poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Ok this is mentioned alot around here and its laughable. Frankie 100% wouldnt beat conor i would bet money on that and ill tell you why.

1.Hes too small. Plain and simple, conor is a big FW who packs a huge punch at that weight and has a 74 inch reach no FW is going to outstrike him on the feet. Conor would pepper him with straight lefts and would probably be the first to finally knock frankie clean out. Frankie couldnt deal with aldos speed and range ,aldo made him look like he has everlast written on his forehead.How is he going to deal with someone even rangier and more powerful?.

2. The main reason the frankie fans think he beats him is because of his "tremendous wrestling". Yeah thats right, they think hes just going to take conor down and keep him down for 25 minutes lmao. Chad mendes who has much better wrestling credentials and allegedly juiced couldnt keep conor down for more than 2 rounds and eventually had to stand up and get knocked out. Frankie wont do any different. I can see some wrestlers at 155 giving conor alot of trouble but not at FW .

Conor wrecks anyone at FW .

I used to say Frankie is a bad matchup for Conor, but I tend to agree with you now. Conor at 145 is probably unstoppable and his biggest threat in the division is the scale.

attachment.php

That was before Edgar vs Aldo 2. No one is saying that now.

You're 100% sure?

I'm not 100% sure of anything, especially in MMA.

Just wait until Jose/Conor fight again. It'll be a different fight.

Also, I am a McGregor fan, I'm just not an idiot.

Mainly because Conor has done everything in his power to make sure he doesn't have to fight Frankie.

They have been pinning there hopes on it for years now, I have always thought Frankie would do well to last 2 round with Conor.

2. The main reason the frankie fans think he beats him is because of his "tremendous wrestling". Yeah thats right, they think hes just going to take conor down and keep him down for 25 minutes lmao. Chad mendes who has much better wrestling credentials and allegedly juiced couldnt keep conor down for more than 2 rounds and eventually had to stand up and get knocked out. Frankie wont do any different. I can see some wrestlers at 155 giving conor alot of trouble but not at FW .

Conor wrecks anyone at FW .

chad took the fight on 10 days notice. he wrestled the crap out of conor, lit him up for two rounds then gassed. to not agree with that is goofy.

You're 100% sure?

I'm not 100% sure of anything, especially in MMA.

Just wait until Jose/Conor fight again. It'll be a different fight.

Also, I am a McGregor fan, I'm just not an idiot.
Your right im actually 99% sure. Ill give frankie a 1% chance.

Chad mendes who has much better wrestling credentials and allegedly juiced couldnt keep conor down for more than 2 rounds and eventually had to stand up and get knocked out.

Chad Mendes kept Conor on the ground and beat the absolute dogshit out of him though. His problem was that he was gassed out of his mind and went for a desperation guillotine. If he had anything left in the gas tank he probably would've been content to sit on top of Conor and keep pulverizing him.

But yeah, Edgar/Conor isn't a one sided fight one way or another. On one hand, Edgar's cardio and wrestling would give Conor problems. Conor would have to finish Edgar early because he's not likely to outlast him. On the other hand, Conor is the hardest hitting FW with a decent punch selection and Edgar has taken big shots before.

Mainly because Conor has done everything in his power to make sure he doesn't have to fight Frankie.
Like what?

He went after RDA to make history, do you think he did that to avoid Edgar?

Remember Edgar was offered that fight when RDA got injured.

chad took the fight on 10 days notice. he wrestled the crap out of conor, lit him up for two rounds then gassed. to not agree with that is goofy.
how did he light him up? he got badly outstruck on the feet and had to take conor down to avoid getting knocked out. then got tired from holding him down and got knocked out anyway.

I love Conor but Frankie would demolish him imo

People have been looking at Edgar's career with rose-tinted glasses for a long time. A short while ago he was going to be "the first three division champ" when in reality he was only champ of one division briefly and that was a very long time ago.

That was before Edgar vs Aldo 2. No one is saying that now.

Tons of people are saying that. Pay attention.

Lmao. Takes Chad Mendes on 2 weeks notice, goes up a weight class to fight RDA and then takes Nate Diaz at 170 on 2 weeks notice but yeah, he's for sure scared of Frankie Edgar. Do you ever stop and actually read what you're saying?

how did he light him up? he got badly outstruck on the feet and had to take conor down to avoid getting knocked out. then got tired from holding him down and got knocked out anyway.

Mendes landed some huge shots that McGregor at directly on the chin. He definitely got outstruck but to say that in a full camp he would have gotten tired like that is not honest.

Please make the fight happen so I can see Frankie get knocked out.

the fight i saw, conor was on his back for the majority of fight eating elbows, until chad gassed (due to taking the fight on 10 days notice).

Back