What's with motorless treadmills?

It's a deck with a rolling mat. We can make an economy one and sell for $599.

I prefer these things but 2900 is excessive.

I think it is a "fad" now. I know some people have been doing it for years, basically not turning on the treadmill.

Bry

One of these came up at auction and I almost bought it but it had some damage and I know shit about fixing them. I like the concept.

They're overpriced but they're really good. Used one at the last gym I was at and it felt more "natural". I was able to get good sprints on them

That being said I see them on avg for 3k+ and ain't about that life

I think it's probably the magnetic braking system that costs as much or more than an electric motor. The prices are ridiculous though.

I have one at my local gym and with the resistance on maximum it is the single most brutal HIIT device that ever existed. Absolutely done in a few minutes. Very low stress on knees.

The curve is key, means you're in full contact throughout the stride, no bouncing.

I think it's probably the magnetic braking system that costs as much or more than an electric motor. The prices are ridiculous though.

I have one at my local gym and with the resistance on maximum it is the single most brutal HIIT device that ever existed. Absolutely done in a few minutes. Very low stress on knees.

The curve is key, means you're in full contact throughout the stride, no bouncing.
I don't think the one in the link is a push sled - cannot add resistance.

Was just in a performance training gym and they had one on the side. Owner told me get on it but I had my steel toe boots on so couldn't run. The Assault something? Smooth AF. you move, it moves. No slow start up to get the parts going. Would like to give it a try in shorts and shoes.

Edit: It's almost 8k now.

Last edited:
I used to love them for max-effort sprints as a brief conditioning finisher on the end of a power-based strength day. Great little toy if you get the use out of it.

So the other end of the spectrum. Would it be useful for someone who gets on a treadmill and runs for 45min-hour? Or more of a explosive peak performance machine

So the other end of the spectrum. Would it be useful for someone who gets on a treadmill and runs for 45min-hour? Or more of a explosive peak performance machine

You could absolutely use it for steady state. Same as you can use a normal treadmill for sprints or steady state as well.

The one that I used to use also had adjustable resistance - there were a couple of times where I cranked it up and did 10-minute sets of sled pushes on it.

You could absolutely use it for steady state. Same as you can use a normal treadmill for sprints or steady state as well.

The one that I used to use also had adjustable resistance - there were a couple of times where I cranked it up and did 10-minute sets of sled pushes on it.
The sprints and pushing are more my interest. Wifey is a long distance runner. She'll get on a treadmill over an hour and just go. This would be a hard sale if it's difficult to maintain a pace because it's built for different training.

Bells just sent a teaser, they're in the market. No price point and not a lot of details. Just guessing because they named it along the Blitz line (air bike is $750 range) and have push handles, with magnetic controls this thing might be $4k area. More info to come in a couple weeks.
Stride distance looks short, maybe that guy is 6'10.

pPF2ERF.png

Last edited:
I've never got the hang of these. There are like 4 in the gym and they just seem weird to run on.

I've never got the hang of these. There are like 4 in the gym and they just seem weird to run on.
That's a huge purchase on something that's hard to find to try out. Not like you can call a crossfit gym and ask to come run for 15 minutes. Maybe a sports training facility .

Tru grit had a cheap one for 2k. I tried a trueform one before. It actually moved pretty fast. I like it but it's too expensive for a treadmill and it is way too heavy to move around.

I saw a few DIY treadmills on reddit. This one seemed ok

Back