What's with Hopkins being so racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe Joe C. is just the better man. If he said that he wouldn't be beaten by a black boy would all of you folks have a big objection? I wouldn't.

If Calzaghe had said "I aint losing to no black man" the world wouldve been in uproar and hed have been murdered by the press. And you all know it.

Racism only applies one way, and no matter what anyone says, thats how itll always be.

That said, I have Calzaghe anyway by KO in the 9th

Phil Baroni just said that no Hawaiian would beat him, I didn't see much of an uproar over that one.

It's silly to say that racism only applies one way...haven't you seen Borat?

lol, i dont think black people get more upset if their fighter loses to a white guy. this is more ignorant than what bhop said.

if you believe what you do, then u must really believe bhop hates puerto rico and loves stomping on flags too.

its a ploy to sell tickets, just like pbf does, just like DLH said black guys can't take it to the body, just like the fake face slap bhop did to winky.

you got bhop and Joe C fighting, you gotta do something to sell tickets and get your name/fight in the big media outlets, cause bhop vs joe c isn't gonna do it by itself.

If this fight can't sell in the US it should have been made in Wales where 70,000 people would fill the Millennium Stadium without all the BS.

There is really no standard for the behavior of boxers.

I think they were classier about it back in the day.

Yeah, probably all sports. Like when people would show up to sporting events in three-piece suits. Times change. People like to act all in-yo-face and bad-ass now a days.

I think they were classier about it back in the day.

Back in the day they could state
"no black man will ever beat me" as a fact... because they never fought them..lol

At any rate, it was stupid thing for Hop to say. I don't think he's ever been accused of being a nice guy. He is a story of inspiration though. He proved that you don't need to give into the corrupt boxing promoters to succeed. It certainly speeds up the process, but he managed to succeed on his own. Thats inspirational. He's managed to defy father time. I don't recall any fighter in history that was as effective as Hop at 43 years old. Hop has look as good as he ever has in his last couple fights. Thats inspirational. I like these things about Hop. Not his personality

Ah yes, screaming racial slurs at a member of your own race in quasi-ebonics as a part of showmanship. Classier days, indeed.

Bullshit!!!!
If a white dude said that he'd be attacked immediately by everyone. Quit letting B-Hop off the hook. He needs to apologize for that ignorant,racist comment.

I agree with you man.

There was no "double standard" when Alan Minter said that he would "never lose to a Black man" when he fought Marvin Hagler. Then after Hagler beat Minter, angry White fans threw bottles at Hagler as he left the arena. Or does that example not count because it was way, way, back in the 1980's?

Hopkins is hyping the fight and he's talking some major Sh..t. He was in prison once upon a time and thats part of the mentality in certain street cultures..you can hear the same stuff on a basketball court

LOL anybody remember when Bernard Hopkins threw the Puerto Rican flag on the floor in the middle of a Puerto Rican mob in Puerto Rico? Then he gave Tito Trinidad some rice n beans
Takes a lot of balls to do that

Hes still my favorite figher though

Let him give Calzaghe some abuse its only making things interesting

It's just his way of stirring the pot.

I don't think he believes most of what he says.

He already admitted it was to promote the fight.

Hopkins has been very smart to go after Enzo Calzaghe in his interviews. Bernard is very good at messing with you ****lly.

LOL anybody remember when Bernard Hopkins threw the Puerto Rican flag on the floor in the middle of a Puerto Rican mob in Puerto Rico? Then he gave Tito Trinidad some rice n beans
Takes a lot of balls to do that

Hes still my favorite figher though

I remember that. He had to get rescued by a helicopter after he threw that flag down and a whole stadium of Puerto Ricans went after him..lol.. he laid one of them out and jumped down the on ramp to escape.

I remember that. He had to get rescued by a helicopter after he threw that flag down and a whole stadium of Puerto Ricans went after him..lol.. he laid one of them out and jumped down the on ramp to escape.

How unfortunate that the helicopter got there in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back