What's with all the homeless people lately?

I work by Penn Station. Place is homeless/druggie/beggar/lunatic central. Some of the people in that area are all 4 wrapped into one. Those are the ones you need to watch out for.
I've seen them all. Beggars with smart phones, dressed well, dressed only in dirty underwear, yellers, quiet psycho looking ones, puddle nappers, standing nappers, snot beards, bearded ladies. It's sometimes amusing, mostly sad.

This isnt exclusive to the homeless, i bet you a lot of normal folk have pulled that one while asking for money from mommy and daddy
what asking for money wearing nice clothes? Haha true but I do feel that asking for money from your guardians is slightly different than from complete strangers. I realize life isn't fair, but probably most of us know that from not having rich parents and not the other way around.

Does it actually get that cold though? I've only been once February this year and it was hot as fuck so I assumed they had pretty warm weather in general.

I moved here from Missouri. It doesn't get near as cold as it does back Home, but we only have 2 seasons here. Summer and Winter. So even though it doesn't get as cold as other places, we don't have the luxury of gradually descending temps to acclimate us to the cold or heat. Really makes a difference. IMO.

shhh...jobs report crushed expectations and the stock market is at all time highs, economy is all good, its self-perpetuating, if people believe its good the more money they spend and the more money people make because they receive money from people spending...just don't look down, the opposite effect happens when people stop spending and its accelerated....so let's all keep quiet about this and agree to continue to believe everything is only bad in pockets and has no effect on the rest of us, its worked so far, all time highs baby

So are we against war on drugs or for it? It's kinda unclear WTF I do support now
I think they should set up shelters that gives out free meth. And guns....we always need more guns in the mix.

Anyway, I think with my plan the problem would sort itself out over time.

Because you can make a decent living doing it. In a lot of cities, they even pay homeless people to do it.

I know it sounds bad but I don't like seeing homeless people on every interstate exit begging for money. It makes the city look bad and the government is encouraging it. Rather than pay them to ask for hand outs, they should help them find work. Paying them to panhandle isn't helping their matters. On a good interstate exit, I'd imagine they are getting at least $20 an hour which is more than most people make at real jobs.

The capitalist class is hoarding money, and not investing it in the economy.

Where I live, the bus station was moved out of town to a McDonalds near the interstate. They claimed it was requested by the bus companies. The city transit route wasn't extended to provide bus service to the MacDonalds so those coming from out of town arriving by bus needed to take a cab or get a ride into town.

Actually I have noticed this as well. I don't know.

Is the economy this bad? God damn they're on every corner and at every gas station begging. Anyone else notice this in their city? (I'm in vegas) They are getting younger and younger too......drugs maybe? One i saw was a woman who must have weighed 300 lbs.....wtf

Hawaii has a major problem because of the great weather.

They're everywhere is San Diego. They have rows of tents along the side walks. Makes me very sad seeing it.

It's funny how many people in here who are bitching about the homeless are also probably pro war on drugs and anti welfare.

You want fewer homeless people begging on the streets? End the war on drugs; drug usage will go down and these people can actually get help instead of being stigmatized. Provide universal health care so these people can get taken care of and not go bank rupt and end up on the street because they had a medical emergency that ruined them. Follow Utahs model of providing apartments for the homeless so they can become contributing members of society again.

Support these policies and the issue will start going away.

They're everywhere is San Diego. They have rows of tents along the side walks. Makes me very sad seeing it.

I was in Hawaii and it's exactly the same. They have sidewalk laws in metropolitan areas. Mostly downtown and Waikiki. Also the beaches are haven for the homeless.

purge_anarchy_ver2.jpg

here in s.f., i know why there are so many. the fucking city gives them money, so they flock in droves and leech off the liberal hippies who run the city. it's like patting themselves on the back, while completely avoiding them as they sip wine in pac heights, the marina, and other expensive areas of the city where there are no homeless to be seen.
Sounds like their plan worked. lol

It's bad in downtown Houston, imo anyway. I can't step foot outside for minute without some dirty bum asking me for money. It's out of hand.

A few weeks ago, a big one got aggressive with me right in the middle of the street. He was twice my size and didn't like my "no". He actually had the audacity to shoulder check me and told me to "watch it". I came back with "you better watch it". He looked like he was gonna come at me, but backed off when I put my hand under my shirt onto my concealed carry. He looked like he still wanted to hit me, and I told him, "fuck off you homeless piece of shit or I will end you" then he backed off and went on his way. It was a little tense lol but I'm glad I had my protection with me.

True story

ofcourse you did clint

It's bad in downtown Houston, imo anyway. I can't step foot outside for minute without some dirty bum asking me for money. It's out of hand.

A few weeks ago, a big one got aggressive with me right in the middle of the street. He was twice my size and didn't like my "no". He actually had the audacity to shoulder check me and told me to "watch it". I came back with "you better watch it". He looked like he was gonna come at me, but backed off when I put my hand under my shirt onto my concealed carry. He looked like he still wanted to hit me, and I told him, "fuck off you homeless piece of shit or I will end you" then he backed off and went on his way. It was a little tense lol but I'm glad I had my protection with me.

True story

I live downtown and encounter bums all day and all night and never once has any of them gotten crooked with me

You sound like you just can't wait to shoot someone

Leave your gun at home wimp

Back