What's with all the homeless people lately?

The homeless population seems to be increasing but the beggar population is increasing even faster.

I see teenagers holding up signs begging for money when they're wearing nice clothes, have recent haircuts, new shoes, it's pathetic.

Minors can't be homeless unless they want to. The state will always provide foster care.

Yet these kids have signs that say they're living on the street and they're hungry. Buncha BS.

People who give money to panhandlers piss me off because they're just encouraging more panhandling.

If they didn't make any money, they'd stop standing in front of stores all day.

This is exactly what is going on. A local college student decided to do a documentary on the homeless. He was recording from a distance to find out where one guy lived. The guy walked quite a way to a mall parking lot , got in a pretty nice car and left. Another day he followed the guy in the car. He went to other shopping areas, picked up other people and drove to a nice duplex.

There's a ton in San Diego , it's warmer for them and they are mostly old drunk veterans , young white trash and tweakers.

Also in front of Santa Ana central jail court there are hundreds of them just laying out in the grass increasing every year.

San Diego is pretty bad. Downtown, Spring Valley, National City, Clairemont, Lemon Grove, all the beaches. I think it has to be because it is a military city and all the vets that got mental issues. Also like you said with the tweek and heroin. So many people younger than 25 just fucking their lives up. It is really becoming an epidemic.

It can snow in vegas.
Does it actually get that cold though? I've only been once February this year and it was hot as fuck so I assumed they had pretty warm weather in general.

I live in a beach town in OC and its crazy. They take over the beaches and parks then the cops take care of them and then the ACLU comes to town and says their rights have been violated.

Some benefits to living in a four season climate I guess - winters are hell, but really weeds out the homeless folks. We still have our locals, but nobody is flocking to a pits of hell winter State to be homeless by choice here. You know the people are legit hard up, or mentally ill.

People are being left behind in the economy. They're largely invisible to most people though, but we're talking whole families living on the streets. And more and more low level jobs are being replaced by AI. Once you're out of the workforce for a couple years you're virtually unhirable, and once homeless you're completely unhirable. Nobody ever thinks it will happen to them. But everybody on the street thought the exact same thing, and with some crazy high number of folks living paycheck to paycheck - they're always on the precipice.

Does the human race really need them?
Well, in the U.S., supposedly ~65,000 of them are vets. So all you have to do is either (a) get rid of the need for soldiers, or (b) actually do something to address the mental health/substance issues that lead them to becoming homeless in the first place, to significantly reduce the homeless population.

Many African societies are already completely fucked at this moment. The rising temperatures and ongoing contamination of existing water supplies is just diminishing the supply as demand continues to rise. Entire lakes and glaciers are rapidly disappearing. I walk the reservoirs north of me in Marin cunty and you can see the marks of the former water levels, and this is following an El Niño.
Funny you mentioned Africa .... a South African author , archaelogist and politician that ive been following , named Michael Tellinger , is a proponent of "contributionism" which is a social movement based on the African philosophy of Ubuntu.
Very interesting stuff imo ... here is his website .... when you have some time check it out ;) ... you can also find several of his speeches on youtube , you might find them a bit wacky but he is a inteligent and very knowledgeable guy.

http://michaeltellinger.com/

Cheers

Is the economy this bad? God damn they're on every corner and at every gas station begging. Anyone else notice this in their city? (I'm in vegas) They are getting younger and younger too......drugs maybe? One i saw was a woman who must have weighed 300 lbs.....wtf
The economy is fine. Just because you see more homeless people in your neighborhood, does not mean that is representative of the entire population.

L.A is pretty bad I was at the shrine auditorium and it looked like mad max I don't get how skid row is allowed to exist in L.A ship them to the inland empire.
skid row is straight up apocalyptic, and yes the inland empire is shitty itself too

here in s.f., i know why there are so many. the fucking city gives them money, so they flock in droves and leech off the liberal hippies who run the city. it's like patting themselves on the back, while completely avoiding them as they sip wine in pac heights, the marina, and other expensive areas of the city where there are no homeless to be seen.

Is the economy this bad? God damn they're on every corner and at every gas station begging. Anyone else notice this in their city? (I'm in vegas) They are getting younger and younger too......drugs maybe? One i saw was a woman who must have weighed 300 lbs.....wtf

I'm in Vegas as well. I have a friend here who started chasing the dragon and let his life go to complete shit. He was homeless for about 2 years. He just turned 25. Anyways, he's since gotten his shit together(thanks to prison), and is an upstanding and contributing member of society. I was just talking to him the other day and he told me he could easily bring in $500+ a day panhandling. He used to work the corner of Tropicana and Fort Apache. He attributed his success to being young and clean looking, but I find that weird. I've ONLY ever given money to homeless people that are obviously disabled. Saw a guy on Cheyenne and Decatur the other day with a sign that sign "Need money for bandages and socks", so I looked down at his feet and no shit, I'm pretty sure he had gangrene. I gave him a $20(right after that, on a whim, I put a $5 in a machine at the gas station and walked out with $300. Instant Karma.) However, any time I see someone, that's obviously able bodied, begging for my hard earned money I just want to punch them in the face. I don't care if you're homeless. Go stand in front of Star Nursery, or Home Depot and at least attempt to make a living for yourself. Also, I've seen plenty of homeless people washing cars for Terribles. The fat people are the worst. Was this 300 pounder you saw on Craig and Decatur by chance? I've seen a female manatee over there with a sign stating that she was hungry. The fuck bitch? Your fat stores could feed all of the starving children in Africa!

Last edited:
Pan handlers are a sub culture and are "homeless" by a combination of choice and drug use.

Stop giving them money you stupid fucks

I've come across homeless with mental illness and certainly those with drug/alcohol addictions. From my personal experience i see a lot more with addiction issues rather than mental illness, i guess you can make the argument that people with drug addictions also have a mental illness. Unfortunately one of the causes is the decrease of the traditional nuclear family structure, i know sherdoggers hate marriage but i believe it to be the case.

The homeless population seems to be increasing but the beggar population is increasing even faster.

I see teenagers holding up signs begging for money when they're wearing nice clothes, have recent haircuts, new shoes, it's pathetic.
yes- I have seen this too.

I still don't get how begging works. Most of the people I know and I seriously never have money on us.

Watch in a couple years these panhandlers are going to give you the wife just had a baby and I'm out of gas spiel then pull out their iPhone 8 with a card swiper attached.

Homeless in my area have cell phones and smoke weed. They doing well for themselves.

yes- I have seen this too.

I still don't get how begging works. Most of the people I know and I seriously never have money on us.

Watch in a couple years these panhandlers are going to give you the wife just had a baby and I'm out of gas spiel then pull out their iPhone 8 with a card swiper attached.
This isnt exclusive to the homeless, i bet you a lot of normal folk have pulled that one while asking for money from mommy and daddy

Well you make a good point. People have considered just doing universal salary and getting rid of all other entitlement programs. Won't get rid of begging but would be a major culture shift
I dunno, don't we kind of already have a universal salary? I know our current system works on a slightly different philosophy and isn't no strings attached and all that, but I think you're still looking at the same shit. If you're a beggernow where you have access to free income, food and housing, you're almost certainly going to be one if you were just given an income of $40k a year or something like that.

That wasn't a homeless lady....that was just Ronda.

Back