What's up with these Jiu Jitsu guys in Strikeforce?

Frustrating.

Yes. Especially considering how many times we have heard JG say he is going back to his roots. I mean seriously, on the ground with KJ? He would be at an insane advantage IMO. What can you do though JG wants to slug it out and put on wars for people, he needs to start fighting for himself instead.

Jacare was winning standing, why go to the ground. He didn't have a scratch on him while Kennedy's face was busted up and bleeding.

And JG, wtf? I guess he doesn't value his health. Its fine to slug it out with some mma guys, but common sense should've told him not to stand with an active pro boxer.

me and my friend already figured this out a long time ago

when they say 'this is a classic grappler vs grappler match' it always ends up being a shit boxing match lol

qft

Renzo/Hughes
Maia/Miller
countless others

Jacare was winning standing, why go to the ground. He didn't have a scratch on him while Kennedy's face was busted up and bleeding.

And JG, wtf? I guess he doesn't value his health. Its fine to slug it out with some mma guys, but common sense should've told him not to stand with an active pro boxer.

gurgle does not count as a bjj guy anymore. as soon as he signed with a "major" org he stopped using it.

gurgle does not count as a bjj guy anymore. as soon as he signed with a "major" org he stopped using it.

Seriously. Have people never seen him fight before? He never uses his ground game for some reason. I remember against Billy Evangelista he got taken down, instantly hit a beautiful sweep from guard, and then stood back up.

He may have quit using his jiujitsu. But that doesn't negate the fact that he has great jiujitsu. Guess he prefer those fat fotn bonus checks

JG was out after the 1st round ended and then in the 2nd round he got kicked in the head while he was down. He was out regardless but he cant stand and strike with a pro boxer

It was listed as his fighting base

Generically. Tim Kennedy has the worst head movement from any fighter i've seen in a long time.

Also Jacare won that fight.

One thing that concerns me though is Jacare's takedowns. People seem to think BJJ = great takedowns....it dosen't. Once he starts fighting better middleweights hes going to have to start training with some legit wresters if hes not already.

Edit - Before I get ''hes also a judo guy'' i know but it didn't seem to help him that much in the td department.

Last edited:
Back