Whats up with the WWEs janky camera?

Evenflow80

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I started watching wrestling again for the first time since 2003 because my 8 year old is getting into it, but what the HELL is up with the janky camera WWE is using now?

You know the one where with each impact It does this stupid zoom in and out. When did they start doing that ? Its so disorienting to me and its annoying as hell.

Am I the only one that hates it ?

It's horrendous. They try to either enhance or obscure impacts as much as possible with jarring camera moves or quick cuts, I guess because they don't trust any of their "sports entertainers" to make anything look convincing anymore.

People had suggested using that Office/The Shield/Parks and Rec camera work for the shows, but all WWE heard from it were awkward real time snap zooms and normally trained camera men trying to be documentary camera men.

It's completely unwatchable. I refuse to get motion sickness when I watch my wrasslin'.

Same thing that has been wrong with everything in society for years, WWE is just a reflection, reactionary and ADD as fuck, everything now, now, NOW

I started watching wrestling again for the first time since 2003 because my 8 year old is getting into it, but what the HELL is up with the janky camera WWE is using now?

You know the one where with each impact It does this stupid zoom in and out. When did they start doing that ? Its so disorienting to me and its annoying as hell.

The main producer is insane, untrained and wants to be in the movie business. He hasn’t finished film/tv production academically but tries the shit he saw last night on basic cable or at the movies. Give a moron sociopath with complexes a production truck and see the results. Also Vince gets ideas from time to tome and that worsen things.

I saw a clip making the rounds on Twitter a week ago of the Miz attacking Morrison. It was a 40 second clip and I swear for the first 20 seconds I literally couldn't tell who either were. I can't understand that there are people who willingly sit down and watch that voluntarily. I don't know how they have any viewers left.

Fucking Bourne Identity is to blame for the shaky cam and constant edits.

It's like the last Resident Evil where they tried hiding Mila Jovovich's pregnancy.

NXT seems especially bad...the camera angle changes every second and there's constant panning/zooming as you mentioned.

Wanted to make a sarcastic joke defending it but it's so shit I cant.

This shits unwatchable. Hot damn who ever thought this was a good idea??? I feel bad for the camera man or whoever edits it to do that. They have to be hopped up on speed and coke mixed with Red Bull to be able to keep their sanity

This shits unwatchable. Hot damn who ever thought this was a good idea??? I feel bad for the camera man or whoever edits it to do that. They have to be hopped up on speed and coke mixed with Red Bull to be able to keep their sanity

I hear you good sir. Only watch the PPVs with a buddy, cannot handle the weekly shows. NXT is OK, it's not full of that crap.

I'm an old time fan who's tried a couple of times to get back into WWE, and I could never make it more than 5 minutes into their programming for that very reason. It's literally nauseating.

Back