What's up with the narrative that Makhachev is ducking Lee?

Why would he pull out against Barboza, when his teammate Khabib already shown that he can be wrestlefooked at will. Islams wrestling is on a similar level to Khabib's. He would be able to beat him in same fashion.

I think it's the UFC, they don't want to promote Islam and push him into top-10 since he will never fight Khabib and will never be a challenger for the belt as long as Khabib remains a champ. So he will only take up a spot in the top-10.
I'm not sure if that's it. Money talks,and ppl really wanna see Islam vs Fighter Kevin Lee

Josh Thompson talked recently about Islam and Khabib at AKA.
Honestly the only reason i can see UFC not giving Islam the fight against Kevin Lee is he is ranked 8, if Islam beats Lee then Mahkachev will be shooting for the stars,he will clean the divison for Khabib. Khabib sad he will retire after 2-3 years, the UFC are saving the new Lee for Khabib.

I feel like ufc was pressed for a main for UFC Brasilia and figured the Kevin Lee/Makhachev matchup could happen down the road

I really dont know. I'm sure he'd fight FKL.
I hope it happens. Islam should be tested by a guy like this.

Agree, but since this fight is obviously not happening any time soon. It would be nice to see him against AI, who beat Lee and also has fought Khabib. Would be interesting to compare Islams performance to Khabib's performance against AI. Should be a good indication of his potential.

It wasn’t an Instagram rumor. Every major mma site reported it as signed. Hence every major source says he “pulled out due to undisclosed reasons”. They didn’t say it was cancelled, they didn’t say it fell apart. The story is the same everywhere. He pulled out. He is the only one denying that and with good reason over half his fights don’t happen come fight night.

Islam said it was never made. But who would believe that guy? He’s a pull out artist. He’s pulled out before due to religious reasons?
View attachment 711187

View attachment 711189

View attachment 711191
View attachment 711193

Dude you keep posting claims already refuted, this isnt good for your credibility.

Meldonium wasnt on banned substance list when Islam took it and it's prescribed commonly in Russia for heart health, he stopped once it was added to the list and was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Trinaldo fight was cancelled on him, he didnt pull-out. Now I found out he was never offered it to begin with so its either a UFC error (if they actually announced it) then corrected it after. Or it's a media error if UFC never announced it to begin with.

Helen Yee said FKL was offered to fight Islam yet the interviews her and Schmoe posted contradict that. Maybe you're blinded by Helen's plastic boobs? Lol.

Here (timestamped) he says he wants to get a contract to fight Islam, that's much different than claiming he's signed one and is waiting for Islam. Since u value FKLs word as gospel even he says "no one wants to fight him (Islam)":

It wasn’t an Instagram rumor. Every major mma site reported it as signed. Hence every major source says he “pulled out due to undisclosed reasons”. They didn’t say it was cancelled, they didn’t say it fell apart. The story is the same everywhere. He pulled out. He is the only one denying that and with good reason over half his fights don’t happen come fight night.

Islam said it was never made. But who would believe that guy? He’s a pull out artist. He’s pulled out before due to religious reasons?
View attachment 711187

View attachment 711189

View attachment 711191
View attachment 711193

And what are you trying to prove ? The post about trinaldo is not an official news, it's just a report, I saw the same on MMA Junkie, it was never official, as for the others, again they are not news, just reports of a potential fight.

The Drew Dober fight, yes he pulled out for whatever reasons, shit happens, doesnt mean that he 'ducked'.

Reports are not official news, it is official when it says it is, not 'rumour has it'.

Last edited:
Oh, that's right. That leaves Iaquinta. Are we overlooking someone?

Only guys in top 15 without a fight are:

Dustin - good matchup IMO but some will argue he's ranked too high

Justin - he doesnt want to risk his title contention unless it's a Conor money fight

Al - I think he's still on medical suspension

Barboza - wants to move down a weight class, probably doesnt want a similar opponent as Khabib after what happened there

Gillespie - I think he's still on medical suspension

Hernandez - anyone know what's up with this guy?

I feel like ufc was pressed for a main for UFC Brasilia and figured the Kevin Lee/Makhachev matchup could happen down the road

True they did want a Brazilian to head that card. They asked Gaethje to fight Olivera but he said no. Perhaps if Gaethje didn't duck Charles then we'd have Islam vs Fighter Kevin Lee.

The Lee/Makkhachev was never official, just two fighters who wanted to fight each other.

True they did want a Brazilian to head that card. They asked Gaethje to fight Olivera but he said no. Perhaps if Gaethje didn't duck Charles then we'd have Islam vs Fighter Kevin Lee.

Why would Gaethje fight Oliveira ? It's pointless.

Why would Gaethje fight Oliveira ? It's pointless.

Same reason other fights face lower ranked opponents at times - to stay active, earn $, stay on UFC's good books, continue proving yourself, etc.

Every fight has one higher ranked opponent than the other

yeah. I understand why gaethje turned it down but ufc doesn't tend to reward fighters who turn down main events. I was hoping to see Lee/Makhachev in Brooklyn but I feel like it would be the logical next fight should Lee beat Da Bronx, which is a extremely tough fight

Is that you Khalabibi? I thought you at least have some money to pay someone to post for you.
I guess Khadirov took all the money you have, you bum. :)

It's me Connie. You still butthurt from SMESH? Have you payed old man in bar and child support to Clodagh baby mama?

but ufc doesn't tend to reward fighters who turn down main events.

I cant say I blame them.

Turning down main events creates a ripple effect, like we see here Fighter Kevin Lee wouldn't be placed against Olivera had Gaethje taken the fight when it was offered.

Maybe Justin doesn't deserve the next TS after all.

I cant say I blame them.

Turning down main events creates a ripple effect, like we see here Fighter Kevin Lee wouldn't be placed against Olivera had Gaethje taken the fight when it was offered.

Maybe Justin doesn't deserve the next TS after all.

Gaethje needs to fight one more time. Nothing more I hate when guys try to sit on title shots. I think activity should ultimately be rewarded and if a guy like Kevin Lee wins 3 fights in the time Gaethje had his last fight, I think no question the more active fighter should be rewarded

Yes, that was ahead of UFC Moscow in november.

Lee called him out in October on short notice for Moscow event. Makhachev has fought in Abu Dhabi just a month before.

He overplayed his hand there for sure. But he did suggest fighting in januari instead.

Yes, it's crazy that UFC doesn't want this. IMHO, Kevin Lee vs Makhachev is a better fight than Oliveira.
not crazy.. how can they put Islam against a top contender when hes never gonna fight the champ

Seems like mak didn't sign the contract.

Back