What's up with the narrative that Makhachev is ducking Lee?

shoorik1987

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I have seen a couple of posts about that Islam Makhachev has been ducking Lee.

Where does this delusional narrative come from?
I have seen posts about it somehow being "confirmed by Ali". That's just fake news.

This is what Islam posted yesterday after Lees latest fight against Oliveira was announced:

Also posted this yesterday:

Translation: Hard to keep staying in shape for a fight that's not getting announced.

Islam Makhachevs and Khabib's Russian manager Rizvan Magomedov commented Islam Makhachev situation recently and said this:

https://www.sports.ru/boxing/1082324842.html

"I think it will be a top opponent (for Islam) next. We have some candidates, in the next two weeks it will be decided. The candidates that we are considering are Top-10 fighters. We are aiming to get a fight for Islam on 18th of April. -

In public he (Kevin Lee) says one thing, but what he says to the matchmaker behind closed doors remains a secret. We don't know if he really wanted a fight with Islam or if he was just drawing attention to himself by saying it. "

Islam has been saying this all along:

The reality is that UFC doesn't want to make this fight for some reason. I think it's still same explanation as been given before, UFC don't want to push Islam into top-10 because he will not fight for the belt against Khabib.

In the last couple of years it seemed that Lee was ducking Makachev, in the past month it seems that Makachev was ducking Lee.
We don't really know whats happening. But these two will fight at one point, that's for sure.
ANd when they do, I want to see them grapple!

In the last couple of years it seemed that Lee was ducking Makachev, in the past month it seems that Makachev was ducking Lee.
We don't really know whats happening. But these two will fight at one point, that's for sure.
ANd when they do, I want to see them grapple!

I hope they will fight sooner rather than later.

What signs have we seen of Makhachev trying to duck Lee in the past month though?

Lee has 1 good grappling round in him and that's it, he fades more that fresh princes haircut.

Islam has cardio for days, Lee would be fucked if this fight happens and he knows it.
<GSPWoah>

Sounds like UFC were the one's who didn't want to make that fight. I get the feeling they don't want either to lose.

Of course, if you don't like one of them you could push the narrative that they're ducking. There's no evidence of that tho.

FKL turning to Tristar and under the tutelage of GSP and Firas is gonna be too much for Islam. His jab looked like GSP’s blade jab, and him learning to preserve his cardio will make him beat Islam now. Imho

RectangularMintyBlackandtancoonhound-size_restricted.gif

Just another Dagestani bum

I hope they will fight sooner rather than later.

What signs have we seen of Makhachev trying to duck Lee in the past month though?

Lee's twitter profile in the past 3 weeks

I don't know, but Lee has been begging for it, but I recall Islam getting on his high horse and saying that Lee wasn't in charge and that he'd fight Lee on his terms and on a date he chooses or something like that. Next thing we know, they're not fighting.

Its crazy that two guys who have wanted to fight for years can't fight.

Yea I've seen couple of posts aswell. Bunch of Sherbums I'd tell ya.

I don't know, but Lee has been begging for it, but I recall Islam getting on his high horse and saying that Lee wasn't in charge and that he'd fight Lee on his terms and on a date he chooses or something like that. Next thing we know, they're not fighting.

Its crazy that two guys who have wanted to fight for years can't fight.

Yes, that was ahead of UFC Moscow in november.

Lee called him out in October on short notice for Moscow event. Makhachev has fought in Abu Dhabi just a month before.

He overplayed his hand there for sure. But he did suggest fighting in januari instead.

Yes, it's crazy that UFC doesn't want this. IMHO, Kevin Lee vs Makhachev is a better fight than Oliveira.

Yes, that was ahead of UFC Moscow in november.

Lee called him out in October on short notice for Moscow event. Makhachev has fought in Abu Dhabi just a month before.

He overplayed his hand there for sure. But he did suggest fighting in januari instead.

Yes, it's crazy that UFC doesn't want this. IMHO, Kevin Lee vs Makhachev is a better fight than Oliveira.

Personally, I wanted do Bronx vs Makhachev. I'm guessing they'll do makhachev vs iaquinta now.

Personally, I wanted do Bronx vs Makhachev. I'm guessing they'll do makhachev vs iaquinta now.

Islam vs AI makes sense. Should be a good fight. Will be interesting to see if Islam does better than Khabib. Will be good an indication of his potential.

Back